Telly's Hot Shots - 6 Feb 2011 Gurmeet Article

Posted: 13 years ago

Telly's Hot Shots

Sunday Pioneer - 6 Feb 2011
http://epaper.dailypioneer.com/ThePioneer/Pioneer/2011/02/06/ArticleHtmls/06_02_2011_003_003.shtml

Gone are the days when the small screen was full of middle-aged actors looked upto for their good acting skills. Breaking the norm now are the young faces with appealing bodies who have caught the viewers' imagination. NEHA VERMA lists the top five male actors of Indian telly who have talent and the looks

GURMEET CHOUDHARY Gurmeet Choudhary aka Maan Singh Khurana, the dynamic business tycoon of Geet Hui Sabse Parayi, gets the highest scores and grabs the title of the hottest man on Indian telly. The 26-year-old angry young man on the show says, he looks 'hot' because of his intense character.

"I understand my character well.

It is intense where I have to play with my looks as per the scenes.
Also, because the show caters to the young crowd, people like the chemistry between Geet and Maan. Maximum eyeballs come from women viewers," he tells you.

His good looks are courtesy a regular gymming regimen. "I am very dedicated to my workout routine. I never drink or smoke. I am also a blackbelt in martial arts," the actor says. Now we know where his perfect, intense glare comes from! But Gurmeet constantly emphasises that only good looks can't take one a long way. One needs to hone his acting skills constantly to get viewers' attention. "These days on TV almost all actors are goodlooking. They may display sixpack abs but if they are not good at their work, audience will rejected them in sometime," he insists. Recently, when Gurmeet was in a market in Mumbai, a group of girls rushed to him, seeing whom he drove away. "Normally it doesn't happen in Mumbai because it's a hub of actors.

So when this group headed towards me, I sat back in the car and locked the doors from inside and rushed away. Though it felt nice that people have started recognising me," he adds. VISHAL KARWAL e was tagged as a hottie after his H participation in MTV's Splitsvilla.
Vishal Karwal, who is popular as Abhay in Rishton Se Badi Pratha, feels his hotness factor comes from within.

"Everyone wants to look good these days. Youth has become so aware about fitness and looks, it has become an important aspect of being on screen," he says.

The 25-year-old says, he has been appreciated for his good looks since childhood. He started his fitness regime long before he entered the small screen. "When I was in Chandigarh, I was too skinny and my then girlfriend used to call me a "hanger". That's when I started working out and brought myself to shape.

s Since then, I just love working out. I have a regular gymming routine which I enjoy. It's my stress buster too," Vishal tells you. He is so religious with his workout that he is a member of two gyms. "I have taken memberships with two gyms, one of them is open till 1 am which allows me to gym till late in the night," he says. While performing one of the tasks in public for Splitsvilla in Goa, Vishal stripped off his clothes. He claims, because of this act he won the show. "It was after this task that people came to me and started calling me a star," he recalls. But, he says, that he is fond of acting and wants to do good work. "Apart from looking good, I want to be known as a good actor too," Vishal concludes. MISHAL RAHEJA ishal Raheja grabbed his share of limelight as MAkash of Sab TV's Love Story. Since then the actor hasn't looked back. These days he is much lauded as Datta Bhau of Laagi Tujhse Lagan on Colors. According to him, good looks are very important to become famous. "It is a pleasant feeling to look at someone who is good-looking.

For me, it's a personal thing to be internally healthy and to look good. I do my best to feel good about myself -I work out, eat healthy, sleep well and work hard for my career," he tells you. TV has been taken over by young faces now, but it is still equally divided between looks and acting, says Mishal. "It's fine if you are a good actor, but if you are blessed with a good face too, it's like an added advantage," says Mishal who is also seen hosting season two of Mano Ya Na Mano.
"Hotness comes with the character you play," he says.
However, it's only his mother who calls him handsome.

"Apart from that, no one has come to me to say I am good looking," he adds. ASHISH SHARMA shish Sharma aka ABhaiyaji of Gunahon Ka Devta has become one of he heartthrobs of small screen. Having played a prominent character in Ekta Kapoor's film Love Sex Aur Dhokha, the show shows him playing the character of a criminal who has not yet seen love and emotion, having been exposed to guns and violence from a very young age. "We were doubtful in the beginning as Gunaho Ki Devta is a male-centric show whereas the Indian audience has always seen female protagonist. Also, a majority of the Indian TV audience is mainly women. Hence, it is really important to get connected with the female audience. The show has got an overwhelming response from the viewers. I have got a splendid response from the audience, especially from women," he says.

To maintain his looks, he is follows a very disciplined exercising routine. He balances his gym workouts with outdoor activities like swimming, trekking, cycling, jogging and horse riding. Sharma reserves the first three days of the week for gym, while the rest of the days for outdoor activities. VIVIAN D'SENA he 22-year-old Vivian D'sena, born to a T middle-class family in Ujjain, MP, is grabbing all the eyeballs for his intense character and pumped up body. Playing the role of a vampire Abhay in Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani, he has managed to grab tremendous attention from the young and old viewers alike.

According to him, looks are important but what is more important is to be able to portray a character effectively. But how difficult is it to look so hot? "Apart from an actor's natural looks, it has a lot to do with the way he is shot.
For me, it's all about my character. First thing that attracts people are my silent looks. I am playing an emotionless and blank character. For an actor it is the toughest to portray a character without expressions. It is as difficult as you tell a blind person to see," he says.

But the reason behind Vivian's 'killer' looks is very different from the rest of the men listed here. Vivian is a foodie. "I hardly get time to go to the gym. I have never gone on any special diet. I take six meals a day, but in right proportions. I can't eat food without desi ghee which comes from my hometown Ujjain," says the Indian vampire.

Vivian describes a month old incident in Oberoi Hotel, Goregaon, where he was mobbed by a group of 40 school girls. "I was suddenly surrounded by this huge group of girls and they were after me for autographs and photographs. One of them came running to me and screamed my name loudly. The situation became so scary that the security people had to come and handle it," he recalls. But even after a huge fan following, Vivian is grounded and says: "Even if people come up to me and say that I am a star or I am good, I don't accept it. I believe that stars are for five years but actors are for 50," he says.

NOTE: MODERATORS ------ Yes I have also posted it in the Spoilers Corner as well πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by anju7777 - 13 years ago
thanks for sharing dear...!!!πŸ˜ƒ

i LOVE GURMEET.....!!!!❀️❀️❀️❀️

he is just mind blowing...!!! he's got looks and good acting skills...:)πŸ‘

GO guru GO...!!!!😊
thank u Anju 4 sharing this articleπŸ€—

when this group headed towards me, I sat back in the car and locked the doors from inside and rushed away

🀣🀣
bhagta nahi to us din chumma day ho jata gurmeet ke liye...sab girls chuma le ke jati🀣
thanx for posting....

He z hottest...great combo of good look...n great acting skills.....
Thanks Dr.Anju.
Oh Hotty.....love ya lot.
He is absolutely right.With killer looks one should have great acting skill which made him the BEST among all.
He's a deadly combo with great looks n tremendous potential.
Originally posted by jalparii_h2o

thank u Anju 4 sharing this articleπŸ€—

when this group headed towards me, I sat back in the car and locked the doors from inside and rushed away

🀣🀣
bhagta nahi to us din chumma day ho jata gurmeet ke liye...sab girls chuma le ke jati🀣
Haye Nigi..........tum aur tumahare khatarnak iraden !πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Rituparnaa

Haye Nigi..........tum aur tumahare khatarnak iraden !πŸ˜†

Nigi & Ritu πŸ€—
🀣 its so funny he locked all his doors and escaped as fast as he could 

uff if it was chumma day πŸ˜³ I would be singing 

"Oh Chumma Chumma De Dey Oh Chumma Chumma de Dey mera NPM" πŸ˜†
Oh dear anju thanks a lot. He is the Hottiee of the universe and he is a great actor too. i love u alot GURU

Edited by verode - 13 years ago
I love GC....he deserves to be on top
Way to go Gurmeet πŸ‘

Thanks for the article.