to the non hindi understanders please look :-)

rani-lucki thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
hi guys, sum1 started a topic on what language we speak so that we know that different people watch geet but..............
sum people sed that they don't understand hindi but watch the serial..................
i don't understand tamil but i listen to tamil music but thats cos i like the sound of it.......... :-)
how do you watch a whole serial without understanding it
please tell me cos i really want to know :-)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DrashtiDhamiNo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
cuz i read the english written updates b4 watchin the serial online
Hema_M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Simple,by following the updates πŸ˜ƒ.I don't watch fully coz I have no StarOne either so will watch only Maaneet scenes online.😊
saanjh11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
all through heart dear
LoLo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I am in the states and I have taught myself how to understand Hindi from watching movies, reading books, etc.  I started getting the Hindi channels and I was able to understand what is going on with each show.  Between the body language and actions, you can pretty much get what is happening.  Now I check the updates for Geet, which does help.  But my limited knowledge of Hindi did not stop me from watching.  Imagine how many foreign-language speaking individuals there are who learned English by watching tv? There are only a few words used here and there that I don't quite get, but it does not affect the entire show.  When I first started watching Geet I was able to get that Dev cheated her and that Maan was his brother, and that they were going to fall in love. 😍  And that was before I ever knew about the updates on IF.  Oh, and btw Geet was not the first serial I watched with no subtitles either. 
So even if you don't understand a language perfectly, you can still understand and enjoy the serial.  I do! πŸ˜‰
Viji79 thumbnail
Well deite being a tamilian, I enjoy hindi shows because I know Hindi. But the point I wanted to make is you can actually follow drama even if you dont know the language by following the body language. Can you believe that I actually watched and enjoyed a full length korean movie when I visited Singapore a few years ago. The actors were really very expressive.
Gayaa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hi i read the updates before watching it so when you watch it you get the picture

so really the credit goes to the updater because of them we r able to watch GEET
simi91 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
i'm half hindi but didnt
know how  to speak but thanks
to Geet show now good at  it
even when speak with my
mom on the phone she wonder
how learn hindi
Edited by simi91 - 13 years ago
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thankfully, I understand Hindi!

Personally, I find it really hard to get hooked on to a show/song/act etc if it's in a language that I do not understand unless it is something absolutely amazing e.g. an amazing dance on a chinese song.

Even with subtitles I find I don't enjoy watching foreign stuff that much. I'm glad Geet has so many fans who don't understand Hindi but still follow the show. :)
-Mrs.MSK- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
good question..but i really dont know .. i can understand Hindi bit n i sometimes  get help from my cousins and i read updates πŸ˜› i dint feel soo hard to understand geet😳it may be maneet magic πŸ˜‰