Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

are beauty contests all but market manipulation?

petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
First of all I dont really think a few "spa-enlightened" women posing in swimsuits, evening questions and then answering a few questions on saving the world are queens of beauty.

however, a friend of mine showed me an analysis a few years ago on how most "beauty" contests are "fixed" based on the market needed. All these contests have definite corporate sponsors who own companies producing beauty products. Whenever the industry wants to mess up an ailing beauty products industry in a country, they use these contests and choose winners. they even have an ambassador fr the next full year. That was apparently the logic when we had a spate of Miss worlds and miss universe and then they all disappeared..whoever was miss india would have probably won then. Now the contests have moved to postures that need grooming

does that make sense? it seemed to make sense to me thenTongue

or do u think aish, lara, sush, priyanka are indeed the world's most beautiful women of the time or whatever

Edited by bandicoot - 10 February 2011 at 4:37pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-iktaara-ladygagaqwwwKim75

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 4:54pm | IP Logged
Many things are manipulated these days, it is silly to genuinely believe in a lot of things. From matches in sports, to these pagents, to many other things... About pagents no one takes them seriously here anymore.. they don't even get good trps.. ever since Trump has taken over.. i have noticed that none of indian girls have won.. the infamous priyanka controversy with her giving a wrong answer and still winning and all 3 indian girls winning did make people wonder... so i think yes is these pagents are also fixed.

Edited by ladygaga - 10 February 2011 at 4:58pm

-iktaara-Kim75.khoobsurat.petticoat

.driftingaway IF-Sizzlerz
.driftingaway
.driftingaway

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
You know that saying, 'beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder'?

The media/ and affluent, powerful, businesses create an image of the'conventional beauty' and most of us fall for it.

I dont think Aishwarya, Lara, Priyanka, or Sushmita deserve the 'world's most beautiful' tag. But not everyone will share the same point of view as me. Take Freida Pinto for example, the westerners find her to be exceptionally beautiful and exotic, whilst some folks living in india find her to be merely 'average' Tongue because she is not a 'conventional beauty' according to them. (fair, green eyes, blonde/brown hair,)

So yes, I think beauty contests are bollocks. Because firstly, it sounds so superficial, and secondly, .. the definition of beauty differs from person to person.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-iktaara-.khoobsurat.petticoat

_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
^^ to me, in terms of looks, Freida IS average. In fact I know many girls that have her feature. and no I don't think blue eyes/ blond hair fair skin is the ideal beauty.

Beauty pageants are overrated. I don't think anyone takes them seriously.

qwww.driftingawayruky786petticoat

petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
to me freida is average too! to a Bunt, Aish might look average

I once met a dutch friend who would love to tan to get my skin color and we want to whiten our skins with bleach and yadda yadda yadda

the concept of beauty is all screwed...

in my opinion Money Calls! Market Calls! I dont think any of these women are the worlds most beautiful!

Miss World/Miss Universe pageants have lost their market in India and maybe that is why we do not win anymore. Maybe in another 10 years when the market demand rises again or the indian make up products industry need a style icon again, we will have an Indian winner and it will be big news then

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

qwww

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
The most beautiful women tag is soooooo overrated. And that's only used for Aish in bollywood. She is very beautiful, but we can't call her the most beautiful...because we havent seen every women on this earth. It's kind of a silly tag. I do think Aish is probably the only one who deserved her Miss World crown...but than again I havent seen all the girls...who knows. I think lara also is deserving...I don't think she is that good looking...she is average...but she has a very natural personality. I liked how she handled herself with grace and spoke so well when she won her title (miss universe).

Edited by beboholic - 10 February 2011 at 8:11pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ruky786

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
It is most definetly fixed. All manipulated by the cosmetics giants.
bollygossipgirl Senior Member
bollygossipgirl
bollygossipgirl

Posted: 11 February 2011 at 6:54am | IP Logged
Beauty contests are not just an excuse to promote the sponsers and cosmetic company's, its also about promoting trade - often between the host country and the winning country.

ladygaga - What was the Priyanka controversy? I friend of mine worked the after party the year she won, and didn't have very nice things to say about

Go to top