Posted: 19 years ago

OK...after reading a dozen of post trashing the cast of jjkn, sensed we were headed towards another purab/arman  war so i decided to put in my two cents .....this is for all fans of the show

1)who should jassi marry.?....armaan (insensitive playboy who does not seem to have an ounce of credibility to hold his position in gm)who is coming to his senses now or purab(very successful business tycoon, parttime jassi's driver,oversensitive guy who decided to ditch his fiancee on the eve of thier engagement) who is back for  god knows what purpose......

i would say she is better off without any of them....both of them treated her badly and she returned that favour equally.but well take your pick ...both are equally flawed...i suggest a coin toss or a round of russian roullette

2)trp ratings of jjkn?

the truth of the matter is that jjkn was losing trps badly, however trp ratings are not a measure of a show's quality(all the ekta serials have sky high ratings but very crappy stories). the reason for the fall in trp can be  many ....huge  inconsistencies in story, people looking at it as an another remake of blf, everyone knows the story so lack of interest, or simply boredom caused by slow speed of the show. unfortunately channels rate thier shows on the basis of trps so a good trp is a prerequisite for a show to continue airing....hence the continuous struggle to push up the ratings

3)why is purab back?//

this is the hardest question of all ....inspite of being an ardant fan of this character...i have asked this question again and again....each of purab's exit has been more worse than last (at times almost insulting to the character) but every few months he seems to end up in the story again and again.there was no place for him in the current storyline but he is back(thanks to indian style of story writing and creativity....which is an ode to messy storylines). while it would have been advisable to get a new face for the character of micheal but i guess the channel thought that this would start an another round of purab/armaan wars and confusion(btw they were right on mark) and push the trps of jjkn up again(that is yet to be seen).

4) purab's rentry is an insult to samir/apoorve

i have read many mails saying that apoorve should walk out of the show, samir should not agree to take this reentry , cast of jjkn should boycott samir etc etc....while you all may be right in your own point of views....the fact remains that entertainment industry is not an industry where you survive by keeping grudges and having ego issues (all actors are forced to push aside thier prejudices...you hear the news of two actors hating each other, amonth later they are best buddies in a new movie). apoorve is getting paid to play armaan( even if the character gets sidelined on and off) and samir is getting paid to play purab(even if he gets very crappy exits everytime) and that is what matters to them and ofcourse to do the job right.

5) samir soni/ apoorve are bad actors

hmmmm.....honestly i think that both the actors are mediocre and both have  improved thier skills by leaps and bound in past few months, that holds for mona singh too(look and the initial episodes off jjkn and you will see what i mean). however in indian entertainment  industry acting is not the only thing that paves the way to sucess. looks(conventional/unconventional) ,style(trendy or old fashioned) , charisma and offcourse right amount of mystery in personal life seems to help. both the actor have it and for most part they have done justice to thier characters so pointing fingers at thier acting skills is probably useless. 

Edited by pj04 - 19 years ago
Very Well said Puja...

I am glad to see your post after a long time....

Both men have treated her like crap in the past...but

Purab realized that Jassi loved Armaan very much and he choose to walk off (what ever way the writers decided to do) and that is what purab fans think....

RaJ is playing with armaan like a puppet and armaan is following his directions not realizing what is right and what is wrong.

Now that armaan is feeling more for jassi...does not mean Jassi should immediately go to him...forgiving all his past deeds....he needs to be punished. He should realize what he did was wrong and it is entirely up to Jassi then to forgive or not....

I don't think Jassi will ever think of marrying purab again or even purab dare to do so...so that is no question and we should stop fighting over this matter.....

It is only whether Armaan will end up with Jassi or Jassi will choose to move on....

Well at that point armaan has lost his love and only love of life. Even for Jassi it is the same....

Personally I think Jassi will eventually forgive armaan (even if I did not know the BLF story...) and accept him because she loves him and it is very hard not to be able to forgive the loved one's...unless they act so terribly....

If armaan asks for forgiveness genuinely and accepts all his faults in front of entire family and friends......this will happen....and he should ask for it....

I think their is no reason for fights over Armaan and Purab...their is no such competition like it was previously....it is totally how Armaan is going to make up to Jassi this time and I think Purab's entry is only to help Armaan get Jassi and Jassi get her love......

ooooooohhhhhhhh aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh....wow.....pj04 and smisha 👏

but, but, but...ok no buts.

hey guys great.

finally there is unbiased post in the jjkn forum

i know people get offended very fast ...because they dont want to hear against there fav...simple reason they love them.

we all love each other and so lets not spoil our friendships.

well i am not that often on the forums ..

but we are friends for sure

take care

I totally agree with Puja Smisha and K_Fan. Thanks guys!!

Puja and Smisha!!!! 🤗

I find One Calm Thread in a mass of hysteria!

Seriously, RELAX guys. If Purab returns, his fans will be happy to see him and Armaan fans dont need to take any unnecessary tension either - we all know what's going to happen as per BLF.

Samir mentioned in that Midday interview that his character may have some changes - so maybe they will make him more like Michel.

And please cool it with the personal comments towards a set of fans or the actors - it just aggravates ppl all the more.

Originally posted by pj04

OK...after reading a dozen of post trashing the cast of jjkn, sensed we were headed towards another purab/arman  war so i decided to put in my two cents .....this is for all fans of the show

1)who should jassi marry.?....armaan (insensitive playboy who does not seem to have an ounce of credibility to hold his position in gm)who is coming to his senses now or purab(very successful business tycoon, parttime jassi's driver,oversensitive guy who decided to ditch his fiancee on the eve of thier engagement) who is back for  god knows what purpose......

i would say she is better off without any of them....both of them treated her badly and she returned that favour equally.but well take your pick ...both are equally flawed...i suggest a coin toss or a round of russian roullette

2)trp ratings of jjkn?

the truth of the matter is that jjkn was losing trps badly, however trp ratings are not a measure of a show's quality(all the ekta serials have sky high ratings but very crappy stories). the reason for the fall in trp can be  many ....huge  inconsistencies in story, people looking at it as an another remake of blf, everyone knows the story so lack of interest, or simply boredom caused by slow speed of the show. unfortunately channels rate thier shows on the basis of trps so a good trp is a prerequisite for a show to continue airing....hence the continuous struggle to push up the ratings

3)why is purab back?//

this is the hardest question of all ....inspite of being an ardant fan of this character...i have asked this question again and again....each of purab's exit has been more worse than last (at times almost insulting to the character) but every few months he seems to end up in the story again and again.there was no place for him in the current storyline but he is back(thanks to indian style of story writing and creativity....which is an ode to messy storylines). while it would have been advisable to get a new face for the character of micheal but i guess the channel thought that this would start an another round of purab/armaan wars and confusion(btw they were right on mark) and push the trps of jjkn up again(that is yet to be seen).

4) purab's rentry is an insult to samir/apoorve

i have read many mails saying that apoorve should walk out of the show, samir should not agree to take this reentry , cast of jjkn should boycott samir etc etc....while you all may be right in your own point of views....the fact remains that entertainment industry is not an industry where you survive by keeping grudges and having ego issues (all actors are forced to push aside thier prejudices...you hear the news of two actors hating each other, amonth later they are best buddies in a new movie). apoorve is getting paid to play armaan( even if the character gets sidelined on and off) and samir is getting paid to play purab(even if he gets very crappy exits everytime) and that is what matters to them and ofcourse to do the job right.

5) samir soni/ apoorve are bad actors

hmmmm.....honestly i think that both the actors are mediocre and both have  improved thier skills by leaps and bound in past few months, that holds for mona singh too(look and the initial episodes off jjkn and you will see what i mean). however in indian entertainment  industry acting is not the only thing that paves the way to sucess. looks(conventional/unconventional) ,style(trendy or old fashioned) , charisma and offcourse right amount of mystery in personal life seems to help. both the actor have it and for most part they have done justice to thier characters so pointing fingers at thier acting skills is probably useless. 

👏 well said. bring on purab T&D

here is the way to deal gigli...

if armaan and jassi patch up...celebrate the victory of love...feel a bit of sorrow for one sided love of purab......remind yourself life is not always fair...hope armaan has changed for life, thank blf and give a teary ode to the end of a great show

if purab ends up with jassi...celebrate the victory of good intentions...remind yourself world is not always fair....hate purab a little ...empathise with armaan and call jassi a coward and fool...blame it on indian idea of creativity and milking publicity of show....thank god that the torture called jjkn is finally over and hope to see something sensible in its place

Thank God for your posts pj04 and smisha  .I had started thinking the hysteria is positively going to drown the JJKN General discussion page!!!!!!
Originally posted by pj04

here is the way to deal gigli...

if armaan and jassi patch up...celebrate the victory of love...feel a bit of sorrow for one sided love of purab......remind yourself life is not always fair...hope armaan has changed for life, thank blf and give a teary ode to the end of a great show

if purab ends up with jassi...celebrate the victory of good intentions...remind yourself world is not always fair....hate purab a little ...empathise with armaan and call jassi a coward and fool...blame it on indian idea of creativity and milking publicity of show....thank god that the torture called jjkn is finally over and hope to see something sensible in its place

Very well said Puja. I cannot express better than this....