Mythological Masti

Ideas for Banner Contest - Please Help! (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 7

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 7
Page 5 Page 7

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 11 February 2011 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
^^ Errr... how about trying narmi ishtyle, Vrish Blushing Terms like cult and masochist don't easily lend themselves to the 'no offense' that follows, no offense LOL Point taken, not everyone believes in the same thing/people and we can respect that. Especially when it's put respectfully. Rest assured, the banner will represent only that which all of the members agree to have in it based on one another's beliefs. The list will not include figures who members express discomfort over, no questions asked. We good Cool?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ideas for Banner Contest - Please Help! (Page 4)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 11 February 2011 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
Point taken Smile

lola610..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 11 February 2011 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
I think we should let the majority deside whether they'll have a problem with Baba and/or Meera being on the banner. If people don't have a problem, I don't see why not.

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 11 February 2011 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

Thumbs Down
It's obviously up to others, but no offense, but people who worship Saibaba definitionaly fall under the category of cult.  Nah, this is not the definition of mythology, and please stop playing fast & loose w/ the meanings of words: mythology means precisely that: it does not mean living, or  even dead people that people  worship!!!!

Hate to say this, Janu, but so far, I've not seen bad ideas coming from anyone, but I very strongly think this one very much is - again, no offense to you or your sis.  Under this criteria, any godman who walks the streets and has any following would come under it.  If you need to, open a Bhakti section and run it there.

I get your point, but please don't insult Saibaba as I'm a huge devotee Blushing I don't mind you saying that my idea is bad (get it all the time from my teachers LOL) but I think you're taking this a wee bit seriously. It's a banner. A graphic. Made to hang up on a discussion forum. That's it. Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 11 February 2011 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
I respect everyone's views, but from the angle of practicality guys, 6 serials (Both Ramayans, Krishnas, MB, and ONS) with 2 faces each or 6 and 6 generally accepted god/goddess paintings... that means 12 pics for a 90px high banner... that's hard enough to squeeze in, at least for me, and getting in any more means we won't be able to see anyone cuz each will be made so tiny Embarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuchcityoflights..RamKiJanaki..

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 11 February 2011 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
^ Yea I agree. And people will want to put more than just 2 faces. I say that we do all God paintings. Characters are the most important after all.

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 11 February 2011 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
If the mytho show banner ends up winning in the poll, then I agree that we should give a list of characters that are mandatory and let people choose which actors they want to put of each, and if a banner wins, that obviously means majority are in favori of it so no one will feel disappointed.

If the only God paintings choice wins, then also we can put a list of mandatory characters and let people choose the pics of their choice.

Either way, I am hoping one of us can announce the banner contest sometime next week....it's been too long and we have neither a DT or banner.Unhappy

ShivangBuch

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 11 February 2011 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
Yeah I would say let's wait until the voting's done, and then depending on whether it's pics or paintings, or both, we let people use any combo of them (but if it's shows only than at least one pic from each of the 6) to represent those deities/characters whose recognition/devotee-base is not limited to any particular region of India. I am gonna guess and say that  those would be...
SiyaRam
RadheShyam
GauriShankar
Brahma-Saraswati
Ganpati
Durga
Hanuman
Narad (come on, he was in every show and even the celestials need a rep Tongue)

This list is not based on anything personal, I just think the banner should include those characters who are most recognizable regardless of who was playing them. RadheShyam for their poses, the others for their distinct get-up.

ShivangBuch..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.