Mythological Masti

Ideas for Banner Contest - Please Help! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 3 Page 7

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 8:40am | IP Logged
@Janu

Well I think if we call this forum to be a forum of discussion about God, I don't think any member should be that passionate about actors to get offended that you have to worry (with reference to your apology about SDB in the diary thread/BRC MB PP/RS PP). If one gets offended by innocent devotee family members over here due to an actor excluded, then it is not at all your matter of worry IMO. That's his/her problem. One should take utmost care that one's feelings about any form of God and God's devotees or a particular source of devotion is not offended and not petty things like actors I think. But anyway that's the rule in this forum to maintain proper atmosphere and decency of the forum. And what you here mean is not the offense felt by someone because of an actor excluded but because of a devotee historical character and a mytho/historical serial excluded. Your concern is very very appropriate but then again here also two things are there to save you from that worry: 

(1) Meera comes in the category of Tulasidas & all and not Lakshman-Bharat-Hanuman. We are even going to exclude Vibhishan I guess and unfortunately there is no serial (or not many) made on Tulasidas and other Kaliyug saints and devotees. Now only Meera in between mytho characters - how odd it would look that anyone can understand despite knowing fully well that Meera is perfectly within the discussion scope of this forum. I myself is a big big fan of Meerabai. 

(2) If the fans of Meera are not the fans exclusively of that serial but other serials also, then there is no reason for being offended because you are anyway including the faces of their other favourite serials. If there is even a single member in the forum who is exclusive fan of that serial only, then I am with you. Your concern/worry about her/him is fully justified.

And yes. Just for Krishna - only for Krishna as an exception not for any other God or character - I think it is fine & appropriate and generally acceptable & understandable that there are 2 or 3 pictures of him of different stages of life. One Makhanchor (Dhriti for example), one with Radha (Swapnil or SDB) and one delivering Geeta or with Sudarshan (Nitishji) is fine if the banner can accommodate all 3 of them with many other pictures. For Krishna I think, the general rule is not required to be maintained. For rest 3 Hanuman, 2 Ram etc - I agree with your and Vrish's points.

@Vrish

Yes. I was there with your suggestion almost completely as you must have read and noticed. Just clarified or expressed in general to all what is my thinking about the scope of discussion in this forum just to avoid any possible misunderstanding not necessarily of you but also of myself or any future member.

@Parina

Yes the idea of only God's pictures like Bhakti Lounge - not of actors - also came to my mind but I didn't mention thinking that it might create misunderstanding to new members to believe that discussing about serials is the secondary and inferior activity in this forum and one can become unnecessarily restricted and controlled while quoting anything from the serials in the threads which are not having serial based title. In fact, I suggested to include the word SHOWS in the name of the forum but then I liked without it also because of the wide scope of our discussions.

@all

And poll idea is very good BTW.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 10 February 2011 at 9:07pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11AishuHiBawari.Vrish.Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ideas for Banner Contest - Please Help! (Page 2)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 9:24am | IP Logged
(1) Meera comes in the category of Tulasidas & all and not Lakshman-Bharat-Hanuman. We are even going to exclude Vibhishan I guess

Shivang

Not to quibble, but Vibhishan is very much a character in the epics, and belongs right there w/ Prahlad, Bali, Ghatotkacha, Hanuman, et al.  He certainly doesn't belong w/ Meera, Tulsidas, Ramdas, et al

The only human beings who'd belong there would be people mentioned in the scriptures, such as mythological rulers (Ikshvaku, Raghu, Yayati, Harishchandra, Dushyant, Dhruva, Trishanku et al) and rishis (Vishwamitra, Vashistha, Kanva, Durvasha, Kashyap, et al)  Certainly not anybody who is described in medeaval history, or even in the post Indus-Valley  era.

Other than that, you're right

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

(1) Meera comes in the category of Tulasidas & all and not Lakshman-Bharat-Hanuman. We are even going to exclude Vibhishan I guess

Shivang

Not to quibble, but Vibhishan is very much a character in the epics, and belongs right there w/ Prahlad, Bali, Ghatotkacha, Hanuman, et al.  He certainly doesn't belong w/ Meera, Tulsidas, Ramdas, et al

The only human beings who'd belong there would be people mentioned in the scriptures, such as mythological rulers (Ikshvaku, Raghu, Yayati, Harishchandra, Dushyant, Dhruva, Trishanku et al) and rishis (Vishwamitra, Vashistha, Kanva, Durvasha, Kashyap, et al)  Certainly not anybody who is described in medeaval history, or even in the post Indus-Valley  era.

Other than that, you're right

Oh come on yaar. Exactly the same I meant to say. Obviously I wouldn't put Vibhishan in category of Kaliyug historical devotees, would I? I used the word EVEN. Vibhishan is in the category of Bharat-Lakshman-Hanuman but he is all the more likely to be excluded I guessed so I cited it to explain that Meera would be far thing that way when we won't include some of the greatest of Treta/Dwapar devotees. And if one considers Meera to be incarnation/reincarnation of Radha or Lalita then the same logic applies to her what applies to Sitaji with Lakshmiji you mentioned. We are already including Radhaji.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 10 February 2011 at 9:09pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Okay guys, I will create a poll and we'll go from there.Smile

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Whoa, this is a lot more complicated than I imagined LOL I figured we could just let people pick any two characters of their choice from the 5-6 main shows, but... guess that won't work Blushing

I was hoping we could keep it a little flexible so that we may announce the contest at the avi-sig forum as well, invite non-members to participate, and get the forum some visibility and possibly even new members by doing that. There could be tons of people on IF who share these interests but don't know about this forum, and announcing the contest there would be a great way for them to find out. However if we get tooooooo specific without explaining who's who in the various shows, we'll confuse them out of wanting to have anything to do with us LOL

If we manage to agree on who we want to include from each show, then Janu and I can set up a pic thread with suitable options for the less familiar participants to choose from.Here's who I thought of so far, feel free to add/subtract/multiply/divide... or simply agree LOL

One pair from each of the following, with no repeated characters as suggested by Shivang and Vrish... and my personal choices in bold Tongue -
RS Ramayan: SiyaRam, Ram/Ravan, Sita-Hanuman, or Lakshman-Indrajeet
AS Ramayan: LakshmiNarayan (there are soooo many good pics of Guru as Vishnu!), Kaushalya-Dashrath
RS Shri Krishna - Narad and Krishna (or Radha)
JSK - Yashoda and Radha (or Krishna)
Om Namah Shivay - obviously Shiv-Parvati, but I'd include Samar rather than Yashodhan
BRC Mahabharat - Draupadi and Arjun

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11ShivangBuchAishuHiBawari..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

Whoa, this is a lot more complicated than I imagined LOL I figured we could just let people pick any two characters of their choice from the 5-6 main shows, but... guess that won't work Blushing

I was hoping we could keep it a little flexible so that we may announce the contest at the avi-sig forum as well, invite non-members to participate, and get the forum some visibility and possibly even new members by doing that. There could be tons of people on IF who share these interests but don't know about this forum, and announcing the contest there would be a great way for them to find out. However if we get tooooooo specific without explaining who's who in the various shows, we'll confuse them out of wanting to have anything to do with us LOL

If we manage to agree on who we want to include from each show, then Janu and I can set up a pic thread with suitable options for the less familiar participants to choose from.Here's who I thought of so far, feel free to add/subtract/multiply/divide... or simply agree LOL

One pair from each of the following, with no repeated characters as suggested by Shivang and Vrish... and my personal choices in bold Tongue -
RS Ramayan: SiyaRam, Ram/Ravan, Sita-Hanuman, or Lakshman-Indrajeet
AS Ramayan: LakshmiNarayan (there are soooo many good pics of Guru as Vishnu!), Kaushalya-Dashrath
RS Shri Krishna - Narad and Krishna (or Radha)
JSK - Yashoda and Radha (or Krishna)
Om Namah Shivay - obviously Shiv-Parvati, but I'd include Samar rather than Yashodhan
BRC Mahabharat - Draupadi and Arjun

I'm liking the ideas, Lola, I too agree about not repeating the characters, because then it's like we're not giving importance to any other character than the main, and a banner can only hold so many pics from each show.LOL

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
@Shivang,

I too agree that people don't have any reason to get offended if their fav actor is not on the banner, because many here like more than one show equally and as long as someone they like is up there, they will be satisfied, but a lot here like only one show and one actor from that show, and if that actor is not up there, they may get disappointed or hurt, and the last thing we need in this forum is a fight.Ermm

I opened the banner voting poll guys, let's see how this goes.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1613318&PID=39077202&#39077202

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Hi guys! I hope you all don't mind me joining this discussion, but I just had to express some of my own opinions, not wanting to offend any of you already here on this thread.

Firstly, I really want to add Meera to this banner. I mean, we can't take the the meaning of "Mythological" too literally and exclude a lot of the things that are a central part of the belief system. Meera is truly an ICON of bhakti in Hinduism. And because Meera didn't occur thousands of years ago, doesn't mean she can't be a part of this forum and the banner. I mean, the forum was created in the first place to discuss the serials we consider to be a part of it. 

Secondly, I would would wish that we use pictures from the mythological serials rather than the paintings of the deities. That's just me personally, but we mainly discuss mytho shows, make siggies of mytho actors, etc. I agree that it is all about God, but still. And the actors are portraying God's avatars anyway.

And lastly, I don't have a problem with having two or three krishnas, two rams, etc. I mean, don't we spend most of our time discussing the different shows like Jai Shri Krishna AND Shri Krishna? RS and AS Ramayan? It would look so nice if we have both Meghan and Swapnil on the siggy as well as Gurmeet and Arunji. And Lola di's idea sounds perfect. But one single thing to add, what if we showed RadhaKrishna from SK (love Swapnil and Shweta), but Dhriti and Meghan in JSK. I mean, most of the serial was about Dhriti, but there were tons of stages in SK. We can't include all those, but two Krishnas from JSK isn't much.

I hope what I wrote didn't offend anyone. I really really apologize if it did. Cry Its a great idea that we have a poll. We can settle on a final idea easily with that. Smile

Edited by AishuJSKfan - 10 February 2011 at 3:53pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11ShivangBuchVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.