Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Yeah I would say let's wait until the voting's done, and then depending on whether it's pics or paintings, or both, we let people use any combo of them (but if it's shows only than at least one pic from each of the 6) to represent those deities/characters whose recognition/devotee-base is not limited to any particular region of India. I am gonna guess and say that  those would be...
SiyaRam
RadheShyam
GauriShankar
Brahma-Saraswati
Ganpati
Durga
Hanuman
Narad (come on, he was in every show and even the celestials need a rep 😛)

This list is not based on anything personal, I just think the banner should include those characters who are most recognizable regardless of who was playing them. RadheShyam for their poses, the others for their distinct get-up.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
^ I agree...but how about Lakshman? Can't leave out our Lakhan, he was there in Ramayan as much as Ram.😎
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Lolz ok Lakhanji is in... and by the same token Balram 😛 Though, the former becomes recognizable in the vanvaas get-up, while Daau Bhaiya has no such distinguishing costume/prop for the uninitiated 🤔 So... hmmmm....
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: lola610

Lolz ok Lakhanji is in... and by the same token Balram 😛 Though, the former becomes recognizable in the vanvaas get-up, while Daau Bhaiya has no such distinguishing costume/prop for the uninitiated 🤔 So... hmmmm....

Yeah, both should be in, but since both are the same avatar, we can just keep Lakhan since he had more of a role than Balram in general.😳😆
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Friends! We can think about making our banner as a slideshow of all the serials (old & new) as well as the corresponding God pictures! I mean, if the RS Ramayan picture is shown 1st, then we can place AS Ramayan after it, & then the picture of original Ram-Sita-Lakshman-Hanuman in the slideshow. & yes, I think that we should use the Rajyabhishek scene from both of RS & AS Ramayan & also in the original God picture, as it will contain all of the main characters! Then similarly we can place the RS SK picture (still thinking about the best picture of it) & then the similar one from JSK & then the original, and so on.
How does it sound friends?
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
OMG. I thought enough of brainstorming was done here in this thread 😆 as the poll was created. Good Janaki that you have kept that poll only for banner type selection and discussions are still going on here. Edited by ShivangBuch - 13 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Urmila

That's a variation of what I was suggesting, and an equally brilliant suggestion.  If one does that, there's no limit on the #characters one can put.  Only problem w/ that, as was w/ what I suggested, is that animated banners are a big no-no.

On the other question of who absolutely must be there, why don't we define a minimum, rather than a maximum, of characters, and give the artists their discretion on the others?  Eg if we say just the trinity, or just the trinity + consorts, and for the rest, leave it up to the artists.  So one may put in those, and then do a Krishna-centric banner w/ various characters from the Dwapar yuga.  Or one may do a Treta yuga banner w/ Rama, Sita, Lakshman, Hanuman, et al.  Or one w/  Ganesh-ji, and so on.

Decide on the mandatory characters, and then leave the rest to the discretion of the artist.  When it comes to voting, if one doesn't like a banner which doesn't have, say, Krishna, just don't vote for it.  That  way, one may see a wide diversity in banners, and we might have 3 rounds  of voting, instead of the usual 2.

Just my $0.02.

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
That's a good idea too. So far, the mytho+God paintings is winning in the poll, so if we end up doing that, we can just let people decide which pics from mythos and which god paintings they use in their banner, and give a mandatory list of character that's a bare minimum.

And along with the trinity, I think we should equally mix Dwapar Yug and Treta Yug characters so that no one yug is used alone in the banner.

And we can do the rounds depending on how many banners we get. If we don't get much entries, three rounds would be meaningless.
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 13 years ago
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Vrish_

Urmila

That's a variation of what I was suggesting, and an equally brilliant suggestion.  If one does that, there's no limit on the #characters one can put.  Only problem w/ that, as was w/ what I suggested, is that animated banners are a big no-no.

On the other question of who absolutely must be there, why don't we define a minimum, rather than a maximum, of characters, and give the artists their discretion on the others?  Eg if we say just the trinity, or just the trinity + consorts, and for the rest, leave it up to the artists.  So one may put in those, and then do a Krishna-centric banner w/ various characters from the Dwapar yuga.  Or one may do a Treta yuga banner w/ Rama, Sita, Lakshman, Hanuman, et al.  Or one w/  Ganesh-ji, and so on.

Decide on the mandatory characters, and then leave the rest to the discretion of the artist.  When it comes to voting, if one doesn't like a banner which doesn't have, say, Krishna, just don't vote for it.  That  way, one may see a wide diversity in banners, and we might have 3 rounds  of voting, instead of the usual 2.

Just my $0.02.

I like this idea.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Okay guys, seems like we've pretty much reached a decision regarding the banner. Someone can go ahead and create the thread and I'll ask Mango to make it sticky.

The mytho+god paintings choice won, so once we make a list of mandatory characters, we can create the thread instead of stalling.

This is the list that people have come up with...any other additions or deletions?

1. Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva
2. Lakshmi, Saraswati, Parvathi
3. Ram
4. Sita
5. Lakshman
6. Hanuman
7. Krishna
8. Radha
9. Nand/Yashoda and/or Vasudev/Devaki
10. Dashrath and Kaushalya

Anyone else? I think this makes a pretty good 'mandatory' list as it'll be harder to fit in anymore....it can be up to others to fit in anyone else they want.
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 13 years ago