India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Maan Tarzan Geet Jane!

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 09 February 2011 at 11:34am | IP Logged

Heard that the original promos for Geet featured people saying that they wanted to name their kids after Geet or something like that! I think the CVs made a mistake. The promo should have had people wanting to name their kids Maan Singh Khurana!

Seriously, when will this deification of Maan Singh Khurana stop? Guys, you originally started out to make a serial about how a young woman of eighteen fights a lone battle against society. Granted, somewhere down the line, the chemistry between your leads got so overpowering and started bringing in TRPs by the shovels that you decided to turn this into a full fledged romance! Or maybe that was what you intended right from the start! No complaints there as all of us love romance. What irks me is this concerted effort to turn MSK into Baba MSK.

Remember Maan, the hotheaded, impulsive, arrogant, wild b*****D with a vulnerable core- that was the guy that all your female viewers fell in love with! Why then are you hell bent on making him a saint?!

And Geet, the woman who was spirited enough to give the man a run for his money even after all the shit that fate, in the form of Dev and Naintara not to forget her own family, dished out to her. Why have you turned her into this simpering woman without a brain? In order to make MSK God, why have you turned Geet into a bumbling idiot? I think you have modelled Geet's character after the eponymous character that Kareena played in Jab We Met. Please remember that Geet grew as a woman through the film. From a chatty, funny, bumbling idiot, she grew into a sober, sensitive woman who knew what she wanted from life. Why then is your Geet travelling backwards? From being a strong, graceful, smart woman who handled life with equanimity and poise, why is she now becoming a childish, immature airhead? It hurts to see her reduced to this. However much you might like us to forget it, we can't but remember that she is pregnant nor can we forget her past. Totally agree that people have to put their pasts behind them and move on. But pray tell me how one can remain absolutely untouched by past experiences. Not an iota even! She is currently breezing through life as if her life is a text book case of a normal eighteen year old! Granted she loves her baby, but she doesn't seem to feel any sense of guilt/emotion over the fact that she is unable to offer her husband physical love. Let me tell you, any woman would experience at least the occasional guilt pang over this. Why is this baby thing being brought out like badge to flaunt when it comes to cravings, mood swings and, most importantly, non consummation, but is conveniently sidelined when it comes to logic in her physical and emotional demeanor?

Let me finish off with the one thing that irked me most about today's episode- the reason why I called my post what I did.

I know everybody has been swooning over how Maan told those girls ( I don't want to get started on them because then I won't be able to stop) that Geet was carrying his child and that she was his wife! I think the line was meant more for Geet then the girls. He was probably try to reassure her of his commitment. I don't think his marital status would matter to the girls. They were only looking to hit on him, not marry him, dammit!

Whatever, if Geet had reacted with some degree of poignancy, given the truth that lay behind his declaration, it would have made some sense. But all she did was smirk!

So, why did he have to go about beating his chest in that 'Me Tarzan You Jane' fashion? Believe me, I wouldn't exactly like it if my husband went around introducing me as the mother of his children. However true that maybe, I don't want to presented as a brood mare!

I had said in an earlier post that even liberated women of today do appreciate caveman tactics at times, but let me tell you that is only in PRIVATE! This is the 21st century guys. I know we woman still have to carry the babies but one hears that research is on to reverse that as well. So, please wake up and smell the coffee- while you still can!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sphinx

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top