Tanu weds Hinu - Episode 2 - The Proposal

Posted: 13 years ago

TANU WEDS HINU - EPISODE TWO - THE PROPOSAL

PROLOGUE 

Scene 1: LMLM House - Hall.

Shobs Mummy, LMLM1, LMLM2, Fatima, and Yummy are preparing busily for the visit to Ratna Cinemaa's home. πŸ˜Š   LMLM4 is lounging around and looks sulky πŸ˜” because he wants to go too and Mummy has told him to stay at home with Fatima and N and M.   LMLM3 is out of town and Noorie and Fati are out to spend a day with their friends.

Shobs: Is everything ready? All the gifts, the shagun ka items, etc.? We have to start soon.......

Yummy: Everything is ready, sasuma.......I have double checked everything.....

LMLM1: I will get the car out........send everything to be put in.........(goes out).

LMLM4: Why can't I go too? I am sure Fatima will be fine here with N and M.......

LMLM2: Well, I am glad you are not coming........you have an unhealthy influence on Tanu......(frowns 😑).

LMLM4: (determined to make a scene)  Can I help it if she prefers me to you when I come along?

LMLM2: (goes red in face 😑).....what you  whippersnapper...........she doesn't PREFER you........you just flirt shamelessly with your bhabhi........

Yummy: (seeing a fight brewing) Come on, stop it you two..........here take these things out to the car, Sam...

Sam sulkily walks off with the items his bhabhi gave him.

N and M come dancing in.......and both are dressed to kill! 

N: We want to come too.........we want to see Naanima and the maasis! 

M: Yes, we are ready.......we want to come too...........

Shobs: (smiles at πŸ˜Š N and M who are looking really pretty)  I don't know about that.........the car might be crowded with you two restless girls as well.........

N: (seeing Daadima dithering) Pleeaaaaaaase.....take us too Daadima........we will sit still in the car....we won't be a bother............

M joins in the pleas..........LMLM papa comes in at the moment.

LMLM1: What is the matter now? Let us start.......

N and M: Papa, we want to come too.....(start pleading with papa knowing half the battle is won with Daadima!)

LMLM1: I think you girls had better stay at home.......Bua will be lonely here.

N and M increase the crescendo of their pleading promising to do every good deed on the earth if they are taken along.........and use the ultimate weapon.....tears! 😭😭

LMLM1 looks at Yummy helplessly.....and then at his mummy........

Shobs: Okay girls, you come along but if you misbehave, I will make you get out of the car and walk all the way home!  (tries to look stern 😳 but fails miserably πŸ€”)

N and M changing from tears to smiles in a wink.  "Yay....we are going too.....πŸ₯³πŸ₯³..."

LMLM4 comes in...........sees what is happening and gets even more annoyed!

LMLM4: You are taking these two half tickets with you? You could have taken me instead...(growls 😑).

LMLM1: (seeing Hinu's 😑 thunderous face)  Sam, you made a fool of yourself at our wedding......you will have another chance when Hinu and Tanu get married.......just practice for a better performance on that day!  πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†

Everyone laughs. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†   Sam walks off angrily.

Shobs: (calling after Sam) Just stay at home and keep an eye on everything, okay?  Don't run away anywhere once we leave....

Fatima: Don't worry mummyji, I will manage him........he just needs some attention.....mein dekh loongi....you had all better start now.........

All walk out and get into the car.  LMLM1 takes the wheel with Yummy beside him and the rest get in at the back.  The car moves out of the gate and gathers speed towards Ratna Cinemaa's house.

Curtain.
Edited by ssroomani - 13 years ago

Scene 2: Ratna's Home.

LMLM family arrive and are being welcomed by Ratna and two of her daughters, Neel and Neelu.

Ratna: Welcome, welcome........hope you had a good drive.....(hugs Shobs and Yummy).

Neel and Neelu hug their Yummy sister.  Then Ratna sees N and M and is very happy. There is a hug fest  πŸ€—πŸ€—with everyone hugging everyone else..............all walk into the house.

Ratna: Sit down everyone. Neel, get something cold to drink for all....it is so hot today!

Neel goes towards the kitchen and Neelu stands near the stairs watching the scene. One by one all the yummy sisters come out and all sit on the stairs watching through the banisters. 😳😳

Small talk goes on with everyone discussing the weather and the mummys discussing their health.......Neel gets cold sharbati drinks for everyone and then joins her sisters on the stairs.

Suddenly, there is a disturbance and Tanu appears at the head of the stairs in a heavy lehenga and choli but without her chunni and hair loose...........

Tanu: (in a loud voice ) What the heck is going on? I thought you were just going to see if they have come and then no one comes back........I need help with dressing.........surely one person can keep watch and the others can all help me........

The group below is shocked 😲  and looks up.  Shobs' face changes 😳 at the sight of Tanu's appearance.  Hinu is flabbergasted, but LMLM1 is amused and tries his best not to laugh.   Neel and Neelu rush up the stairs saying sshhh sshhh........and Tanu suddenly sees the group below.  😲  She stifles a scream and runs back in with all the sisters following her............πŸ˜•

Down in the hall, Ratna looks ready to burst into tears.  Yummy, seeing her mummy's condition 😭  and her sasuma's face  😳 , casts an agonized glance at her hubby and runs upstairs muttering to herself.   LMLM1, perfectly understanding his wifey's look at him, turns to his mummy.

LMLM1: (whispering into his mummy's ear)  She didn't know we had arrived I am sure........don't be angry now Mom....look at Hinu's face.......please....πŸ˜›

Shobs looks at Hinu's woebegone face and controls herself and turns to Ratna and asks about Meera Maamo who is out of town.  Ratna blinks back her tears and smiles at her friend and asks about Fatima.  LMLM1 and 2 heave a sigh of relief. 

Suddenly LMLM1 catches sight of N and M who are sitting a little way off with snacks given by Naanima and silently rolling with laughter. 🀣🀣

LMLM1: (getting up and going to N and M)....come on girls, let us go out into the garden.....

M: But papa, we have not finished the snacks (trying to control her giggles πŸ˜†).

LMLM1: (feeling harrassed πŸ˜• and looking towards his mummy who fortunately is not looking at them)  Just take the plates with you......let us go out........(herds both of them out into the garden where all three have a hearty laugh).

LMLM2 sits with mummyji and sasuma wondering what is going to happen!  πŸ˜’  Thinks to himself, wish Jigripoo was here, this might have gone better.......mummyji is very fond of Meera Maamo!

Curtain.

Scene 3: Tanu's room.

All the girls are crowding round a angry sobbing 😑😭 Tanu trying to comfort her. Yummy walks in.

Yummy:  Tanu, how could you? You walk out half dressed like that shouting at the top of your voice......could you never learn how to behave like a proper girl? 

Tanu:  Oh didi...are they angry? I didn't know......it was all these girls' fault.  Each one went away saying they will check whether the party has arrived and then no one comes back........and I needed help to finish dressing! (wails 😭)

Neha:  Sorry Tanu didi...we saw jeejaji and then we forgot you were waiting....😳

Neel:  I am sorry too, I went down and they arrived at the same moment......and then I forgot....(blushes ☺️)

Tanu: (blushing ☺️) oh, is Hinu looking so good today?  Poor sweets must have dressed up for my sake! 😳😳

The yummy saalis exchange glances..........πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Neel: Mmmm.......Tanu....we were talking about LMLM1 jiju........(blushes again ☺️).

Tanu: (sighs ) Oh! I should have known. ......our Yummy sister got the best of them........but for me, my Hinu is the best...☺️...(blushes and dries her tears).

Yummy:  If you girls will stop being silly now, let us do some work.......Tanu, get ready soon.......let us take you down before something else happens!  (gives directions to the girls and everyone gets busy).

Neel: (Whispering to Neelu) How can anything happen down there when Tanu is up here......(chuckles πŸ˜†πŸ˜†)

Finally Tanu is ready and looking very different from her usual harum scarum self...and very pretty!  😳  After all, she may be a tomboy, but she is Yummy's sister...πŸ˜ƒ..

Curtain.

Scene 4: Hall.

LMLM1 has come back with the girls and all are sitting in the hall when Tanu is brought down by her Yummy sister.  The rest of the gang follows them up to the stairs and then take up their favorite positions watching through the banisters. πŸ˜›

Shobs gets up and goes to Tanu who is looking down at her feet demurely.  Shobs is pleased with Tanu's looks and hugs her and makes her sit down with them.  Yummy and LMLM1 exchange relieved looks while Hinu is mesmersized by this new Tanu..😍.....he has never seen her dressed so fine before......not even at his bro's wedding!  ❀️  Ratna beams at her daughters proudly.  πŸ˜ƒ

Hinu nudges his LMLM1 bro.

LMLM1:  Er, Mom......Hinu and Tanu want to get married on Valentine's day which is just 5 days away, so shall we have an informal engagement ceremony now?

Shobs and Ratna gasp.........Whhaaatt!!!  😲😲

Ratna: On 14th? that is too soon.......what about all the preparations for the wedding?? (near to tears again πŸ˜”)

Shobs: (looks sternly at her LMLM sons 😑)  Now what new plan is this? How come you people said nothing before?

LMLM2: Mummyji, we will do all the preparations.......you know how it is .........Valentine's day wedding is so romantic, hai na? (striking the right note with the word "romantic" knowing his mummy well πŸ˜‰)

Shobs: Hmm........true.....(thinks a bit) but it is impossible, we cannot have a wedding so soon......what about the preparations as Ratna said?  Why didn't you say something early enough to give us time?  😲

LMLM1:  Don't worry about the preps, Mom.....we will do everything.....in fact, we have already done quite a bit of the work so that it will go smoothly...........Hinu and Tanu just want a close family wedding, you see........😊

Shobs looks at Ratna.........a slient agreement passes between them.....

Shobs: Okay, as you wish......but Hinu, no complaints later that you didn't have this and that......if any rasm gets forgotten, it gets forgotten, that is it!  (Mummyji is not one for rasms either..so she is secretly relieved! πŸ˜†)

LMLM2:  (hugs his mummy) I love you, Mummyji.......no probs with rasms.......I just want Tanu.❀️.

Tanu blushes a rosy red. ☺️☺️.........

LMLM1 brings out two rings and Hinu and Tanu exchange rings.  N and M clap and dance in delight.......what news to tell Fati and Noor when they get home!

Ratna then invites everyone in for refreshments........and all troop into the dining room to a sumptious meal.

Curtain.
Scene 5: Hall.

All are gathered in small groups around the hall and talking and laughing when LMLM1 suddenly stands up and calls everyone to attention.

LMLM1:  Okay Hinu....now that I have done what you wanted, you are going to do something for me.

LMLM2:  What? (wondering what is coming....looks uneasily at his bro ).

LMLM1:  (takes a sheet of paper out of his pocket and gives it to Hiinu)  On that is written a very long lyrical marriage proposal.  I will give you 10 minutes to learn it by heart and then you shall propose to Tanu down on one knee without missing a word in front of all of us........(grins)  πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

LMLM2: Whaaaattt!! (looks at the sheet in horror 😲).....I can't do this........Mummyji.....(looks beseechingly at her  )

Shobs: (entering into the fun πŸ˜›) Well, Hinu beta, older brothers have to be obeyed, you know......

LMLM2:  (his heart sinking...staring at the paper).....Can't I just say "will you marry me" to Tanu? πŸ˜•  What is the point anyway…..we already exchanged rings! 

LMLM1:  I can always take the rings back........😈  You had better start learning it........you have wasted 2 minutes out of the 10 already!  πŸ˜ƒ

N: Chachu, I will teach you how to learn it by heart........we do it for school.....

LMLM2: (Frowns) No need.......I went to school too a long time ago.........this is not stuff for you girls!

LMLM2  goes away to a corner and reads the proposal and tries to memorize it, while everyone watches expectantly.....😳...the saalis and N and M are giggling...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..

After 10 minutes,  LMLM1 calls out........"time up Hinu........come and do your stuff now!"

LMLM2 walks back to the group........sees no help on any of the faces.....and then goes down on one knee in front of Tanu. 😳  Tanu blushes a fiery red..☺️...LMLM2 starts reciting the proposal and seeing Tanu looking soulfully at him, mumbles and stumbles through the whole speech hardly knowing what he is saying!  πŸ˜ƒ

Tanu stares at Hinu fascinated...... she has never heard him use words like that before......and she hardly hears anything he is saying..😳....Suddenly, she comes to earth hearing loud laughter. πŸ˜†  Tanu looks up confused.....πŸ˜•

LMLM1: Answer Hina, Tanu.........he just finished speaking to you......

Tanu: (completely lost) Er.....he did???...😲.(looks at Hina).......er....you said something to me?? πŸ˜²πŸ˜•

All burst out laughing again!!  πŸ˜†πŸ˜† N and M are in fits rolling on the floor.....🀣🀣...

LMLM2:  (stares at Tanu in despair )  I can't say it all over again.......I just want to ask this, will you marry me???  ❀️

Tanu: (blushing a fiery red..☺️☺️...) oh Hinu.........yes, yes, yes.............(hides her face in her hands).

Everyone claps..πŸ‘πŸ‘......and there is another hug fest with everyone hugging everyone else.....πŸ€—πŸ€—.....especially the saalis who don't let go of the chance of hugging LMLM1 jiju....πŸ€—πŸ˜

Curtain.

Scene 6:  Everyone is gathered on the porch.

The LMLM party is preparing to leave. There is another major hug fest πŸ€—and then a minor cry fest.  😭  N and M are tired out and looking rather sleepy...πŸ₯±πŸ₯±

Shobs:  Ratna, we will make a move now.....we will plan all the other events over phone and arrange them.....these two have put us in a spot wanting the wedding in 5 days' time.....πŸ˜•

Ratna: I hope Meera is back soon.  If he is not back in time, nothing will make me agree to the wedding on 14th....😭

Hinu mentally makes a note to call his Jigripoo to come back in time for the wedding.

The LMLM party takes leave and all get into the car. Now Hinu takes the wheel with mummyji beside him and LMLM papa, Yummy mummy and 2 sleepy kids get in at the back.

The car moves with the Cinemaa family and LMLM family waving madly at each other............πŸ˜›

Curtain.

EPILOGUE

Scene 7: LMLM family in the car.

N and M are fast asleep wedged in between papa and mummy and everyone is silent for some time......reliving the moments at the Yummy home.

Suddenly, Shobs makes a gurgling sound....πŸ˜‰....and puts her hand to her mouth.   Hinu looks at her in alarm.  😲

LMLM2:   Mummyji......are you feeling sick........should I stop the car? 

Shobs gasps and takes her hand away....she is trying to control her laughter.........Hinu stares at her.  😲

LMLM2:   What happened now? Why are you laughing?  πŸ˜•

Shobs: OMG......I just remembered Tanu's impromptu entry..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...(starts laughing again)...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

LMLM1:  I knew it!!   You really wanted to laugh, didn't you.....πŸ˜›.....I thought I saw your mouth twitch!   Why did you pretend to be angry then?  πŸ˜•

Shobs:  Oh dear, it would never have done to laugh at that time though I badly wanted to....πŸ˜†....Tanu would never respect me if I laughed at all her crazy antics......πŸ˜‰....(starts to laugh again)  πŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒ

Hinu, LMLM1, and Yummy join in............all laugh softly so as not to wake the girls.  πŸ˜ƒ

Yummy: Sasuma, Tanu is sweet.......she will always give you respect.....it is just that she is a tomboy......and being a triplet with Meera does not help much......both of them are a little crazy but good at heart..😳 ..Neel is the most sober of the three, though that is not really much better!  πŸ˜•

Shobs:  I know that........would I agree to Fatima and Meera getting together if I didn't?   I know Tanu quite well too.....and I am used to boys.......I have four at home.......I am sure Tanu and I will get along well......but I will have to tame her just a teeny weeny bit..😈.....

LMLM2:  Mummyji, I love you.........and I know you love Tanu too.............(blows a kiss at his mummy 😳)

There is silence for a little while and then Hinu puts on the music.......the song "Pal pal dil ke paas...." fills the car.....❀️

LMLM1 and Yummy look at each other and smile over the kids's heads......it is their song........❀️❀️

Hinu starts humming softly............and Shobs leans back in the seat and closes her eyes......πŸ₯±

The car speeds on its way to the LMLM home.

THE END

Tanu and Hinu.........I hope you are happy.........πŸ€—πŸ€—
Wow..Shobs....It was so nice to read all the scenes...It felt like they were all unfolding in front of our eyes...Could imagine all the scenes....Thanks for such a wonderful beginning for the wedding...Loved it...πŸ€—
This was one hilarious visit ! 🀣.🀣

Can You Imagine Sam calling us Half Tickets? 🀣.🀣.🀣.🀣

Poor Tanu Maasi ! 🀣.🀣.🀣.🀣.🀣.🀣

Dhamakdekar Visit Daadima !πŸ˜†πŸ˜† M and I are like the Laughter Fillers ! 🀣.🀣

PS : Imagine the sight of Me and M walking in the garden with LMLM Papa!😍
Shobs   πŸ€—.......What can i say after such an awesome visit and proposal......i am speechless......me all πŸ˜­πŸ˜³πŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜²......too many emotions......Cinemaa jo hoon πŸ˜†........have to live upto my award na πŸ˜›.......will come back with the detailed analysis soon......but have to say this now.......you are an amazing writer πŸ‘......i am forever in awe of your creativity.......u are just AWESOME  πŸ‘πŸΌ

https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj193/nkp2211/picspik/en/general%20comments/awesome/04.gif
Edited by PerfectYaRav - 13 years ago
ur one hillarious daadima 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣....damn cool!!!

i've got aching cheeks !

ouch  Tanu maasi that has gotta be embarrassing...but funny for us, haha 😈 

for some weird reason...im imagining all this in a small house with all of us over-crowded in it ...and thts making it all the more funnier...lmaoooo.....🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

@N, forget that!!!....imagine us wedged between mummy and daddy (me next to daddy ofcourse πŸ˜‰)...and the window of the car is open....and im feeling cold......so i cuddle into daddy for more warmth☺️☺️......and....i'll stop, haha 🀣🀣

write more daadima....i cant get enough of this!!!

You rock Shobs!!!

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 What an awesome meeting!!!

You had me come out without fully dressed in front of LMLMs.... 🀣🀣🀣🀣 

I knew you'd not spare me for making you the villain in Mamo's Bday piece...πŸ˜‰ you waited and plotted your revenge, didnt you? Parading me naked (half🀣) in front of my whole Sasural... Just Brilliant, Saasuma!!!  I rate you ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Well... Hinu proposed!! Finally!!!!

But what were the words? I'm yet to know...πŸ˜›

Oh my poor Ratna Ma - I always bring her some or the other trouble! She shed so much tears, Nirupa Roy would feel threatened!🀣🀣🀣 I blame my Yummy sisters for everything🀣🀣

N and M!! 🀣🀣🀣🀣  Love you two half-tickets!!!

Mamo B was dearly missed... so was Sam..☺️🀣🀣

I'm so glad this meeting happened...πŸ˜ƒ  I'll add in a piece or two later, when my creative juices are flowing! For now let me read it again.... and again..🀣🀣

🀣 🀣 🀣

mummyji oh mummyji
tussi great te great ho
i love u sooooooooo muchπŸ€—

thanks for putting my prem gaadi on patri and wah 5 din bahu in 🀣
aap toh Shahrukh khan ko bhi peeche chod gaye 🀣

and kya ? Tanu came half dressed in front of my family 😲
uff ye ladki na marwayegi mujhe ...here I'm trying my best to convince my family to accept her the way she is and she goes and adds to my troubles ...

par chalo apparently I proposed somehow
I really missed my maamo partner and glad mummyji left Sam home warna toh lene ke dene padh jate...

@M - u naughty bachi ,cuddling close to papa huh?

@N - tu toh rehn de beta ,tune jiti badmasshiyan ki hai na uti toh koi soch bi ni sakta πŸ˜‰

@cinemaa - mubarakan ,twaddi pareshani ab saddi pareshani ban gayiπŸ˜† ...u can take some chain ki saans coz u'r beti's would be saas is ready to tame her :P

chalo ji abi shadi ki tayyaran karni shuru kar do ,do din baad meri official date hai meri GF/fiance ke sath ,tab mai khul ke prospose karoonga ☺️

@tanu babe - me Abhers u ❀️

thanks LMLM1 pra and yummy bhabiji for making this possible
and my sweet mummyji I cant thank u enuf ...vaddi wali jhappis twadde liye πŸ€—
Edited by hinz - 13 years ago