Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

Ranking (#29) & Promoting BBAT (Read P. 28) - Page 6

dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: bee5

Edabella,
  No, this is not from Hats Off Production house. This is the joint-production of 'Samidha Khalid's Creative Lab' & 'Jay Production'. In addition, this show is a concept of Samidha Khalid.

BTW, just FYI - DSDV is coming to an end.

The viewership of few selected people from India is what forms the TRPs. No out-of-India or online viewers are included. What I have heard is they have a device to record the viewership and these devices are installed in selected households. So, TRP is based off what those household watch. Now, I do not know in how many households this device is installed. What I have heard is the number of households are only 2000. I know this is very low number considering the vast population in TV. But whatever the number, it is a sampling and yes, they need a basis for the entertainment and TV business.

Anyway, the information I have may be totally wrong. So, anyone with more info can let us know.

u r absolutely correct.

The TRP boxes are in a few houses and it doesn't reflect a show's popularity, taking in consideration how big India is and that many people watch shows online and in foreign countries too!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhavni88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
the way the TRPs are measured is not very accurate...

just a sample of the population..

whats to say that they leave channel on one prog..and watch another show online??..

the reason I dont agree with the way TRPs are gained is because I also watch pavitra rishta..online as in the uk some episodes are edited and we are behind about 2 weeks..

there have been some really boring tracks..which I fast forward or skip..yet TRPs are constant..??

the only dip happened after the divorce track..then they showed the leap..

edabella thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ bee5~ Since u brought up DSDV.... I never liked this show, my mom watches all the serials on Zee tv USA except "Apno ke liye Geeta ka Dharmyudh" & I've seen bits & pieces of all the ones she watches, not countin' "Bhagonwali" because I seriously follow it.        Anyways, I think the writing on "Dil Se Diya Vachan' isn't the best.  This serial is VERY serious and I don't like very serious.  I like shows that more on the moderate side so it would be weird if I liked this serial because of how serious it is but in a way it being so serious is understandable since it's dealing w/the topic of rape.  I like the acting on this serial and the concept of it but the writing is not as good as how it used to be if the writers are doing things like not portraying the Indian judicial system in a realistic light & if the writers decide to kill Dr. Kalyani off and she doesn't come back on the show well that's just a horrible move and one of the main concepts of this show is the relationship of a mother-in-law & daughter-in-law.  Where the heck is this concept w/o Dr. Kalyani on the show?  When I saw Krishna push her off of the building today, I was like "what the hell?"  I like Dr. Kalyani & I really hope the writers don't kill her off and I like how the writers had her actually have a career.  Usually, a lot of mother-in-laws on Zee tv don't have careers and just stay at home, serving their family.  Sorry I went about this show but it's nightmarish, humorless, & offtrack- it's basically the opposite of "Bhagonwali" which is entertaining, still on track, & not nightmarish.  Some people might say the Feb. epsisodes of "Bhagonwali" were on the nightmarish side but they weren't like that to me.  "Bhagonwali" is one of the most flawless Indian serials I've come across.  It has good quality writing.  The only thing that it lacks is romance which we know is gonna come later on, on the show and boy will we be in for a lovey dovey Gunjhun treat!!!!!πŸ˜ƒ               

Edited by edabella - 13 years ago
dkmystery thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: edabella

@ dkmystery~ Since u brought up DSDV.... I never liked this show, my mom watches all the serials on Zee tv USA except "Apno ke liye Geeta ka Dharmyudh" & I've seen bits & pieces of all the ones she watches, not countin' "Bhagonwali" because I seriously follow it.        Anyways, I think the writing on "Dil Se Diya Vachan' isn't the best.  This serial is VERY serious and I don't like very serious.  I like shows that more on the moderate side so it would be weird if I liked this serial because of how serious it is but in a way it being so serious is understandable since it's dealing w/the topic of rape.  I like the acting on this serial and the concept of it but the writing is not as good as how it used to be if the writers are doing things like not portraying the Indian judicial system in a realistic light & if the writers decide to kill Dr. Kalyani off and she doesn't come back on the show well that's just a horrible move and one of the main concepts of this show is the relationship of a mother-in-law & daughter-in-law.  Where the heck is this concept w/o Dr. Kalyani on the show?  When I saw Krishna push her off of the building today, I was like "what the hell?"  I like Dr. Kalyani & I really hope the writers don't kill her off and I like how the writers had her actually have a career.  Usually, a lot of mother-in-laws on Zee tv don't have careers and just stay at home, serving their family.  Sorry I went about this show but it's nightmarish, humorless, & offtrack- it's basically the opposite of "Bhagonwali" which is entertaining, still on track, & not nightmarish.  Some people might say the Feb. epsisodes of "Bhagonwali" were on the nightmarish side but they weren't like that to me.  "Bhagonwali" is one of the most flawless Indian serials I've come across.  It has good quality writing.  The only thing that it lacks is romance which we know is gonna come later on, on the show and boy will we be in for a lovey dovey Gunjhun treat!!!!!πŸ˜ƒ               

what's DSDV? πŸ˜•
Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: edabella

~ Does anyone know the name of the production company for this show?  I hope it's not Hatsoff productions.  I hope this show lasts for quite a while on TV- at least a few years.  I've already made up quite a few tracks😊  This show is so entertaining and refreshing not nightmarish & quite humorless  like a few serials I've come across on Zee tv.  By the way, who is included in the TRP's?  Are online viewers included?  Are viewers outside of India included?  I β€οΈ this show!!!!!   

It's Jay Mehta's Production Company. I don't think it's Hats Off. That is Dil Se Diya Vachan Production company...

edabella thumbnail
@ dkmystery~ oops I didn't know that u had quoted bee5's reply.  DSDV stands for "Dil Se Diya Vachan", it airs after an hour of goodness consisting of "Bhagonwali" & "Pavitra Rishta" (this is how the schedule is on Zee tv USA)Edited by edabella - 13 years ago
bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I see a lot of new members today on the forum.
Hopefully they will read this thread and hit the chaska meter.
dkmystery thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bee5

I see a lot of new members today on the forum.

Hopefully they will read this thread and hit the chaska meter.

yeah! it felt gud to see new people!!

n hope to see gud ranks all around 😊
edabella thumbnail
Does this show have low trps?  I so hope not!  Unlike the "Mera Naam Karegi Roshan" forum & the "Dil Se Diya Vachan" forum, the people on this forum actually like this show.  MNKR got taken off the air and DSDV is gonna be taken off the air in few weeks.  I used to be an active member of the MNKR forum and I go to to the DSDV forum every now & then & all I've seen on both these forums is complaints.  "Bhagonwali" is a really good show in my opinion & it's one of the most flawless Indian serials I've come across.  I feel that some people might not be into it because they look at it on the surface unlike a lot of Bhagonwali fans.  Check out the topic I posted called "The Beauty of Gunjhun" (right now it's located on the 2nd page of this forum).  In this post I get into lookin' at this show on the suface, etc. 
bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
With so many newcomers to this forum. I would like to bring this thread back up so that the new members get a chance to read and understand the importance of Chaska Meter.

Guys, please everyone do your bit. Hit that chaska meter atleast once daily.

You are also more than welcome to rate and comment on the TB articles related to Bhagonwali.  Also comment on the cast of this show.

This would increase the ratings this show has and would make it visible as one of the popular shows on I-F.

Though the TV industry in India depends highly on TRP/TAM ratings which is read off only Indian viewers, we can hope that Zee takes into account the popularity this show enjoys with the overseas audience and doesn't not slash off a well liked show.