Page 1 of 1

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 07 February 2011 at 4:30am | IP Logged
When Daya changed Disha
Buzz up!
Kavita Awaasthi /Hill Road Media

She might have a voice that grates on your nerves but SAB tv's superhit show Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah has brought Disha Vakani unprecedented success and fame. A modern girl Disha has fallen in love with Daya totally and irrevocably as she tells us.
Showing 1 of 8 images Previous    Next
Disha Vakani

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah has brought you name, fame and success. What do you think is the most remarkable quality of your show?
Our shows talks about unity in diversity in our country. It brings our nation together via different stories as well as impart a lesson to our viewers about living life well and loving everyone. That, I feel, is the biggest plus point of our show. That has endeared us into the hearts of millions of viewers.

Disha Vakani

Have you imbibed any lesson or message from Tarak Mehta's preachings?
The name of the serial denotes that we should look at the world or our problems from a new perspective. While we all face problems in life, we should try to tackle them in unusual manner and come to a viable solution. I have learnt a lot from the show. I think every problem has a solution. One shouldn't worry too much or get nervous when facing any obstacle. I think if God gives you a problem, he gives you the ability to tackle it as well. Have patience and be positive in life. Some issues are trivial while others are serious, so one shouldn't give in but fight on and overcome them. The best part of our show is that we deal with the big and small issues in a light vein, which not only provides entertainment but also gets our message across.

Disha Vakani

Daya is very lovable and loved a lot. What is the sweetest compliment you have ever got?
People love Daya's voice a lot. I have received maximum compliments for that. It is a unique manner of talking and stands out. People also like the quirkiness of my character and how she loves garba a lot. These characteristics have made Daya very adorable.

Disha Vakani

Has anyone found anything irritating about Daya?
No fan has ever told me anything negative about my character or serial but sure critics, my friends and family have commented on certain things. They are all professionals who observe minute details and give me their comments, when I ask for their reactions.  I have improved with time in the show and take all the criticism in the right spirit.

Disha Vakani

It must annoying to talk in Daya's style. Have you learnt to live with it or does it still take work?
I don't talk non stop in that manner as it might seem while watching the serial, where one shot is lined up after the other. In reality, we shoot a scene and take a break, so I get a break from talking like
that as well. It used to be tough initially, but now I am used to it. I don't any issues or any tension talking in Daya's style. I enjoy playing her. I do my work with honesty and by God's grace, Daya has given me a lot, so talking in her style isn't an issue at all. I have to take care of my voice and try not to catch cold as it affects my performance.

Disha Vakani

Daya and the show Tarak Mehta has been your claim to fame.
Definitely. I came into limelight with Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. Earlier people didn't know me. I used to do theatre. I have done serials like CID, Aahat, Crime Patrol and movies like Jodha Akbar etc but the roles were smaller in comparison. I am lucky and very glad to have bagged Daya's role. People recognize me as Daya and even know my real name now- Disha !!

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

Tell us about your real life Disha?
I am a simple person and believe in doing my best at work. I like to keep things simple and not complicate my life. I stay with my parents and sister and am waiting for my Mr Right.

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

What do you have planned next? Any new projects?
I am too busy with Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah to take up anything else. I want to take up projects that are worth my time and effort and not any and everything. I have got a good offer but will decide about in a while.

Edited by Armu4eva - 07 February 2011 at 4:46am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shrutireddygr8

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "When Daya changed Disha" in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Vrinda-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Vrinda-

Posted: 07 February 2011 at 7:55am | IP Logged
thnx

nehadb27

Goldie

nehadb27

Posted: 08 February 2011 at 11:07am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing

I also lyk DAYA's accent very much

Post Reply New Post