Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Medical logic behind Geet's pregnancy

BgblZoolander69 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Hellooooo Everyone! We're going to take a visit to the doc today...now don't just expect "An apple a day keeps the doctor away"...we'll actually give you more information. There seems to be "complications" in Geet's pregnancy, some more elaboration on the topic may help a lot of us *cough CV's cough* understand it better. What are some of the fundas behind pregnancy and how can and should it be played out logically?

Q: When can you tell the gender of the fetus?
A: The earliest possible time is at 12 weeks, but rare. It is most often determined at 16-20 weeks. However, sometimes it may be incorrect.

Q: Can intimacy during pregnancy cause a miscarriage?
A: No, it is usually due to other factors that have to do with the fetus itself. Sexual activity does not affect the baby. It's okay as long as there are no complications and unless the doctor recommends avoiding it.

Q: What possible complications provide restrictions on physical intimacy? (Ones that Geet may have.)
A: 1. If the mother is at risk of preterm labor (labor before the 37th week). If the mother goes through preterm labor, there is possibility of infant death. Also, the child may have health issues. Stress maybe a cause to preterm labor.
2. Low lying placenta.

Q: How many sonograms are required during pregnancy?
A: It usually depends on the doctor. There is usually at least three sonogram. If there are complications, the doctor may recommend a few. If the patient requests a sonogram, it can also be done.

Q: When does the baby bump begin to show?
A: It is usually dependent on the individual. Most women begin to show around 16-20 weeks.
Note: It maybe time for Geet's baby bump to show now.
  • If showing a baby bump is problematic due to technical issues, then a leap of a few months can be done. The leap can lead to labor or a few months after the baby is born.

Q: When does the fetus first kick?
A: It typically happens from 16 - 22 weeks. If it is the first pregnancy, then it is usually felt later.

Q: When does birth happen?
A: Most women give birth from 38 - 42 weeks. It is usually around the due date but can also be late.

Q: When is the latest and abortion can be performed?
A: It can be performed up to 14 weeks...sometimes even up to 24 weeks in some places (Depends on the abortion laws in the area). However, after that time frame abortion is only possible if there are serious health risk for the mother or child.

The doctor informs that kissing, hugging, and merely touching, is allowed during pregnancy. Also, expecting couples sleep in the same bed while abstaining from intimacy.

Now questions to CV's'what is Geet's "complication"?
How did the doctor diagnose Geet with "complications" at home? Does she have mental medical instruments or is she a magician?

Edited by Ann.A - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mi7chimes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Hello CVs, GHSP Team, n all... here is me, Dr. Ress at ur service. well for my own selfish reasons i will emphasise! coz in 10 yrs of my Indian telly experience i hav not seen many series which r medically logical.. forget being correct!  And being a follower of GHSP and also a Doctor by profession it is my selfish motive to seek logic in what i watch esp if its medicine related!

So yes just like u hav a Medical team handling Geet's "Complicated" case.. with *i dont think even u remember* how many doctors... we hav one too.. but with a countable few! and  i am here to erase ur doubts regarding...

The MISCARRIAGE / Termination of Pregnancy

An imaginary track that have been hinted quite evidently more than just once, but  "IMAGINARY" because as long as it is the future it ill remain a leaf from the viewer's imagination!

PREFACE : A rerun through T many Doctor - Patient - Bystander Talk tat has been written an executed till today a few of which i ill point out hav given me quite a laugh! Sigh!

Check Up 1 (Pre- engagement)

Doctor to the Couple  :   lekin Mr. Khurana   "pyaar ke saath saath thoda ghayal rakhna bhi toh  zaroorath hai na? Aur aapne abhi take k bhi test nahi karvaya..??  aapko apni wife aur bache ki chinta bhi hai ya nahi?? Aapko inka khyal rakhna hoga! Yeh Aapke zimmedaari hai Mr. Khurana. Inka aapko hi khayal rakhna hoga."

This particular scene was to ensure that Maan had an understanding of his responsibilities which he later affirmed to. Here i assume the doctor had prescribed the medication routinely given to pregnant woman to prevent certain birth defects.

This hence was the early First trimester "3 months " Check up tat got delayed.

Point to b noted : No Sonography was done.

Check Up 2 ( Indian Paint Store room fainting episode.)

Geet returned after Check up with a Report ( which i assume was a Sonography report) and told Maan tat she was fine but needed rest!

Check up 3 ( Sonography Scene)

Here an apparently large foetus was shown inside the uterus. According to the fact that the mother did not hav a baby bump yet, the duration of the pregnancy was less than 3 months. we finally let go of the discordance with reference to the zoom function in the sonography machine

Here again the couple was reassured regarding the foetal and maternal well being.

Check up 4 (The Heat Stroke)- The Blunder!

Doctor to Maan :

Here the father was given the choice of either  protecting a less three month old foetus or the mother which according to the obstetrical definitions is currently not possible!

Check up 5 ( Pre-Marriage)

An unconscious Geet is examined following which

Doctor to Maan :

Some highly confidential tests had revealed tatsince the episode of Heat Stroke,  Geet is increasingly in danger with every passing day of the pregnancy unless the child is aborted for Maternal Health!

Well apparently my medical Info regarding studies in Heat Stroke during Pregnancy suggests tat more than the mother the child is in Danger of being with a retarded groW*H!

Visit  6 - (The Reason behind the Distance)

Geet is detailed into the previous check up and was enlightened upon apparent "conversations" tat the doctor had with her husband regarding pertinence from sex.

and Apparently the heat stroke has made her weak n COMPLICATED her Pregnancy to leave her denied of Sexual pleasures.

Before i go further here are some Definitions tat u might wanna know.... (yes a reminder)

ABORTION : Abortion is the termination of pregnancy, either spontaneously or intentionally, before the fetus develops sufficiently to survive. By convention, abortion is usually defined as pregnancy termination prior to 20 weeks' gestation or less than 500g birth weight.

Spontaneous Abortion : Abortion occurring without medical or mechanical means to empty the uterus is referred to as spontaneous. widely termed as miscarriage.

First Trimester Abortions (relevant currently in GHSP )

causes: 50 to 60 percent chromosomal abnormalities.

Medical Termination of pregnancy : based on the MTP Act (1971)

Termination of Pregnancy can b done upto 20wks of gestation.

Conditions under which a pregnancy can b terminated ..

Medical : if continuation can endanger mothers life or cause injury to her physical / mental health

Eugenic : Risk of seriously handicapped child being born (phy/mental abnormalities)

Humanitarian : Pregnancy as a result of rape

Failure of Contraceptive devices.

Fetal Viablility :defined as 25 or fewer weeks of gestation

21 weeks and 6 days (earliest reported case of Survival)

parents can be counseled that infants delivered before 24 weeks are not likely to survive, and those who do are not likely to survive intact.

Now if at any point u ill find the need to follow the track.. how can u do it logically is what i am gonna elaborating on...

Scenarios :

Since i (and i assume you too)  hav little knowledge regarding the duration of Geet's Pregnancy i hav quite a few .

Medical Termination (MTP)

which the Doctor has suggested based on the so called "COMPLICATION" that popped up post the Heat Stroke.

Apparently MTP based on tat is little known of.. except if the Heat Stroke was  too early in the pregnancy causing Severely Malformed Foetus.

and ofcourse in case of MTP there is absolutely no choice as to MOm or Child coz MTP is done b4 20 wks whn a foetus surviving out side the mothers womb ill b miracle to medical science!

But Yes there is a choice btw to go forward with MTP or not.. in case of a Serious "COMPLICATION"  and the decision is yours!

Spontaneous Abortions / Miscarriage.

1. Chromosomal anomalies and congenital defect : the most common cause of in the first 3 months, it is one of the cases applicable in Geet  that can b a reason for a Medical termination of the Pregnancy. Acquired chromosomal defects due to infections can b another cause. While certain infections hav been linked to abortion in the latter thirds of the pregnancy.

In the latter trimesters the major causes of Spontaneous Abortion are :

2. Maternal Anemia: ( From after 3 months onwards)

Usually pregnancy itself  causes mild Anemia which is why to prevent further reduction in levels Iron tablets are given as a prophylactic measure.

Here Geet can have frequent episodes of fainting(which she already does), frequent infections, increased chances of Pre-term labour(why sexual contact must b avoided) and even normal blood loss can lead to heart failures and death .

Quite a possibility here.

3. The Heat Stroke : as i mentioned before it can b a reason to terminate the pregnancy due to the child being groW*H retarted..and can b fatal to the child but definitely not a cause for worry regarding the maternal health if the pregnancy is allowed to continue.. any effects of Heat Stroke to the mother ill b direct and not thru the baby!

4.Physical Trauma : Clearly, major abdominal trauma can precipitate abortion.

And all the maternal diseases during pregnancy like Diabetes and Hypertension (unless the mother was previously known to b a case ) occur after 28wks (~6months )  when the term abortion gives way to preterm labour.

So if miscarriage is on the cards u bttr b quick!🤣

a little note b4 i leave t MC story.. the most common symptoms are bleeding and abdominal pain!

if the baby is to survive! 😃

Complications to Geet and the Baby

morning sickness has already been dealt with

picturising other complications ill depend on whether t babu bump ill appear or not.. where there is a leap or not... but anyway a mention of Geet having a complication lik Diabetes or Hypertension or bleeding aftr 28 weeks can opn up numerous scenarios for a complicated and dramatic delivery..

for example

Diabetes - can give rise to Preterm labour as well as a big baby

Hypertension : you can hav Pre term labour ,  seizures, and low birth weight baby

Any bleeding after 28 weeks can lead  : can lead to an emergency leading to

1. if she was already anemic, mild bleeding n otherwise severe bleeding can b a life threatening situation

2. bleeding itself if too early can put the foetus' life in danger

3. in any such cases t baby is delivered and the fate of the baby ill b determined by the duration of pregnancy

Leaking of clear fluid : due to rupture of the amniotic membrane ... if b4 37 completed weeks can  lead on to preterm labour .

The babies can com to lie horizontally.. or even upside down other thn the normal head down position this can b seen in later scans'

and if the baby was head down.. with Geets pregnancy being a complicated one already Cesarean Section ill b advised.

LABOUR : once labour pain has begun.. there can b cases where there are not enough contractions or the baby's head can b too large for the maternal birth canal leading to prolonged labour and in such cases a Cesarean Section can b done

BABY :

Low birth weight babies can b either Preterm or due to groW*H restriction.. Such babies might need care in the new-born intensive care depatments.

ill conclude with a few lines...

They enter the new world naked,

cold, uncertain of all

save that they enter.

"But now the stark dignity of

entrance - Still, the profound change

has come upon them : rooted, they

grip down and begin to awaken."

by

William Carlos William , Paediatrician and Poet

leaving u to guide the new born through its further journey..

Lov

Dr. Ress~😳

PS : lend ur ears loud n clear n listen :  i am not advocating an MC track!!😡
mi7chimes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Other Medical Holes!

Nain-ka-Tara ---> KM-se-gira ---> Bed-pe-pada🤣

well tat was a very intriguing experience : one part of my brain was dumbfounded at the unexpected unwanted transformation of the best villian of the show to lie down like a doll with a lost key..
😳sigh!
while the other wanted to tear u out for making a lean woman fall from a less than 10 feet high terrace ending up in blood stained hair.. but no fractures anywhere rushed to the hospitals un-sterile theater n operated on in the same drape with the Doctor taking the privilege to un-sterilize further, roaming in n out , in the theater gown!
🤣

So as it is a person in coma waking up after 6 odd yrs... is so cliche n can we hav twist and make it an act??😉

Plastic Surgery..

As i wud love n is expecting tat Dev wud return n hopefully with a new face following som technical issues i wud rather him com up  with a signboard - the actor has been replaced - rather than agn a cliched accident - facial injury - photo mishap - and miracle NEW FACE!!

and the same can b done with the character of Saasha.. we r horribly missing her presence.. n the actor too..

as for Meera she can go into Excile.. or bk to where she came from or Jay.. i dont want her replaced if the Actor aint coming bk..

but generally pls no Plastic surgery thru t cliche' route! n if u r so adamant pick ppl with t same shape n size... none does whole body surgery n genomic transformations are yet to b discovered!
Edited by mi7chimes - 13 years ago
kahkashansakina thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
I am also in medical line,I totoly Agree with you.thank you
sana_sugarbun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Agree with you guys but i noticed tht Geet is wearing these loose clothes since yesterday. Tht blue one and pink one today which makes her look bulky and today in tht pink suit she did look a bit preggy😕. was i only imagining or you noticed it as well??
Yazzi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: sana_sugarbun

Agree with you guys but i noticed tht Geet is wearing these loose clothes since yesterday. Tht blue one and pink one today which makes her look bulky and today in tht pink suit she did look a bit preggy😕. was i only imagining or you noticed it as well??

Na i noticed as well that these days she does look very pregnant Confused  i guess the CVs are finally opening there eyes, i just wonder when they are going to clear all these medical jazz up, because i'm not into medicine and all that and even i know that what they are showing is sort of stupid LMAO 😆😆 because as far as my knowledge goes, physical intimacy can not create any problems in pregnancy, and even if it does, i'm sure nothing could happen by sharing a bed, or kissing, or even damn hugging, unless our Munda Maan can't CONTROL ☺️☺️ 
-Deepzz- thumbnail
@Ress & Ann,

I completely agree with your post.
The power of television medium is unrivaled. The CV's can use this medium to create social awareness among the masses. When it comes to important medical facts stick to the facts as far as possible and don't mis-educate the viewers. 
Billions of people around the world spend large portions of their lives watching television. Use your show to promote literacy regarding pregnancy, medical and psychological aspects , intimacy during pregnancy. Who knows, you might improve some ignorants quality of life for the better.
Please do not mislead general masses with half baked information regarding pertinent facts like a  serious issue of pregnancy.
Geekgod thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Ann and Ress.......awesome posts and thank you for doing this. The MC card or the Geet ki jaan khatre mein card has been used often enough without giving any relevant backing to it. Thank you so much for educating us and perhaps the CVs about the pertinent facts. Its an eyeopener for sure.

Dilsay thumbnail
A very informative and educated post.Thanks for this insight
jyotic_74 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very good post if the CVs cannot do justice to preggy track than show a dignified end to the same by showing MC track andwith little common sense