India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Gopi and Ahem - UpDate (Page 8)

manifan Newbie
manifan
manifan

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
@ laila---been on this forum and have been a silent reader on this forum, was watching this post , opinons are like arseholes everyone has got one in your case it stinks

saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

Sorry my dear but you do not own this place. It also goes to show that you cannot handle a different viewpoint and clearly shows you reek of intolerance.  Second, there is NOTHING wrong in how I have expressed my viewpoints, you just cannot handle that someone does not agree with you. Learn to accept there are viewpoints in this world and those viewpoints might actually be right. You will learn when you have started to live in this world.

1.  Do not patronize me.  I am not your dear.  

2.  Tolerance does not equal agreement or acceptance.  I love how you scream for tolerance, but when someone says something that you don't agree with you are right there to let them know they are wrong.  Practice what you preach.

3.  You are absolutely correct.  I do not own this place.  I don't want to own this place.  I want 'this place' to be what it has been so far - a fun, friendly, welcoming place where people from all walks of life can come together and enjoy one another.  We have built a virtual family here and people from all across the globe are are members of this family.  We have different educations, income brackets, religious beliefs, political views and yet, we have managed to care for each other.

4. "...when you have started to live in this world."  Interesting.  I would bet I have 'lived in this world" a lot longer than you have.  I think I'm pretty broadminded.  If you knew anything about me, you would know that if anyone on this forum didn't 'belong' here, it would be me.

ps - Jake and Diya generally provide the fun around here - and we love them for it.

Edited by saomom - 05 February 2011 at 3:53pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

manifanmonalidpchoti_ranibr2499simran15upasana.diyaloveanime-tellyaddict-Rafeal..Verity.

simran15 IF-Dazzler
simran15
simran15

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
@ laila-- I think u have worn out ur welcome.....just don't distrub the serenity of this forum.cya.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

monalidpupasana.diyasaomomRafeal..Verity.

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by manifan

@ laila---been on this forum and have been a silent reader on this forum, was watching this post , opinons are like arseholes everyone has got one in your case it stinks
My dear, you are entitled to disagree with me but it appears to me you prefer the stink of everyone elses.
Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by saomom

Sorry my dear but you do not own this place. It also goes to show that you cannot handle a different viewpoint and clearly shows you reek of intolerance.  Second, there is NOTHING wrong in how I have expressed my viewpoints, you just cannot handle that someone does not agree with you. Learn to accept there are viewpoints in this world and those viewpoints might actually be right. You will learn when you have started to live in this world.

1.  Do not patronize me.  I am not your dear.  

2.  Tolerance does not equal agreement or acceptance.  I love how you scream for tolerance, but when someone says something that you don't agree with you are right there to let them know they are wrong.  Practice what you preach.

3.  You are absolutely correct.  I do not own this place.  I don't want to own this place.  I want 'this place' to be what it has been so far - a fun, friendly, welcoming place where people from all walks of life can come together and enjoy one another.  We have built a virtual family here and people from all across the globe are are members of this family.  We have different educations, income brackets, religious beliefs, political views and yet, we have managed to care for each other.

4. "...when you have started to live in this world."  Interesting.  I would bet I have 'lived in this world" a lot longer than you have.  I think I'm pretty broadminded.  If you knew anything about me, you would know that if anyone on this forum didn't 'belong' here, it would be me.

ps - Jake and Diya generally provide the fun around here - and we love them for it.
Again your post it one of INTOLERANCE. You want a forum of people who only agree with each other and pat each others back. You cannot see a different opinion.  I am sorry, but I do not find your in the slightest bit broad minded or intolerant since you came here and told me to get out as you said that I do not belong here because I brought a different viewpoint here. I am not here to gain your LOVE or acceptance.  I am here to give everyone a bit of a JOLT in how to see things.
Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by simran15

@ laila-- I think u have worn out ur welcome.....just don't distrub the serenity of this forum.cya.
You mean, do not change the status quo?
-tellyaddict- IF-Sizzlerz
-tellyaddict-
-tellyaddict-

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 6:36pm | IP Logged
@laila..

hvnt read all the posts after page 4 onwards will do it for sure once wake up but for the updated part...

i'll hv to say...

If Aham should no Like Gopi just coz we do.....so he should not stop liking her just coz u dont.

and we are not jumping into the conclusions w/o reading ur posts.....here members are mature enough to to decide what to respond and how to....

and If we like someone then its always a personal choice completely...

and here we all are just trying to prove Gopi is Worth Enough to be liked for.

And same goes in real life.....some people like me some dont so m least bothered abt who dont like me.....as This world never comes to me when I am in problems but this world is always there to point me in my life for the ways i live my life....

so who cares abt them , this is my life and I know how to live it.....who cares abt the So Called World......

and We want Gopi to be same....if all the people around the world like her and few dislike her that should not make her any difference coz its just a character and as i said earlier it all depends on u can relate urself with a character......if one can the Character has everything that one can like abt and if one cant then 1000 things can be raised to Prove dislike.

Thats it....

If for u she JUST cooks and cleans and nothing else then should NOT be liked just for these two qualities then i'll say Just see beyond her cooking and cleaning....she is A Woman Who wants her family to be united, her husband to be happy and she is always ready to keep them United and Happy on the cost of her own happiness, what is lacking in todays modern world..........

Edited by -tellyaddict- - 05 February 2011 at 6:51pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

monalidpsaomomRafeal..Verity.

saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 6:51pm | IP Logged

Again your post it one of INTOLERANCE. You want a forum of people who only agree with each other and pat each others back. You cannot see a different opinion.  I am sorry, but I do not find your in the slightest bit broad minded or intolerant since you came here and told me to get out as you said that I do not belong here because I brought a different viewpoint here. I am not here to gain your LOVE or acceptance.  I am here to give everyone a bit of a JOLT in how to see things.

Why do you not think I cannot see a different opinion?  Of course I can see it!  I just don't agree with it.  Apparently that makes me intolerant.  As long as I agree with you I have tolerance?  Rubbish!  How about seeing things from my point of view?

I never told you to get out.  In fact, this is what I said:  If you would like to be a part of this SNS family, I will be the first to welcome you.  If you come here only to be argumentative, then we would rather you not visit our little part of the world.  No one here has a problem with a different opinion.  What we do have a problem with is the way that opinion is delivered.  Most of us here prefer to be gracious to each other in our differences.  While we may not agree, there is an unspoken respect amongst the members.

We have grown up discussions all the time on this forum.  People have differing opinions about Aham and Gopi.  Some like Rashi and some don't.  Heck, we can't even agree if this show is worth watching!  And yet, no one throws a tantrum.  The opinions are stated and no one feels attacked.

In the real world, adults speak nicely to each other.  They know that when there is a differing opinion, you don't start lashing out and tell people they are intolerant because that only makes you appear to be the intolerant one.  We discuss - not accuse.  

The accusation of my close mindedness baffles me.  I came to this forum with nothing in common with any of the members here.  I took a leap of faith and came to help myself learn the language and the customs of the Indian people.  By my good fortune, I was embraced by the members here when they had absolutely nothing to gain from welcoming me.  I would say the people on this forum have been tolerant beyond measure when dealing with me.  I have made blunders and mistakes as I have tried to learn and yet I was still welcomed.  

I've been on the internet for over 16 years.  One thing I have learned is that when you come to a new place, you lurk for a while to get a handle on the feel of the place.  You introduce yourself to other people on the forum.  You start off slowly and pretty soon you're part of the group.  Here on the forum, the GupShup thread is the best place to introduce yourself - and the best place to meet the other members.  Please drop by there and meet the other members of the forum.  You may find that they are not the intolerant, close minded group of people you seem to think they are.

ps - tellyaddict's name is Sadhli not TD.  And for the record, we would appreciate you treat her with a bit more respect.  We happen to love her.  And yes, in this instance I am talking for the other members of the forum.

pps - please keep in mind that the reality is, we are talking about a TV show.  It's not real!  Most of us here are hopeless romantics that want to see Gohem together.  We know full well that the Aham character is deeply flawed and so is the Gopi character (along with every other member of MM).  We simply don't really care.  We just want to see them happy together.  We know that the CVs have totally screwed up the characterization and we are trying to figure out how they're going to make this right.  So to get so riled up is ridiculous.  The brutal truth is that it's all pretend.  We just choose to spend a bit of time each day in this pretend world - hoping for a bit of romance to blossom between Gohem.

Edited by saomom - 05 February 2011 at 6:52pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

monalidpchoti_ranibr2499madhu_sridharsimran15Rafeal.-tellyaddict-.Verity.

Go to top