India-Forums

Stay At Home vs Working Mom ???

.Arjun IF-Rockerz

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 7:50am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Isha.IshaRagMastaHowlarious

pmeharia Groupbie
pmeharia
pmeharia

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 9:13am | IP Logged
In the initial 3 years..the baby needs only love and attention of the family. When the kids starts going to school, they need love and attention but also have other needs which can be fulfilled by money (good school,good cloth,games,music,dance and other lessons, birthday party, books, occasional eating out and  all cost money). If a women leaves her job to raise kid as a stay at home for 3 years..after that it is very difficult to go back to job. Part time jobs are hard to find as well.So i think girls should keep working even after kids but job should have flexible schedule and not a lot of stress.

With maids, creche and support of mother in law and mother available..the kids get th love and affection. It is the quality time that the kids get is more important than the quantity. so the job that mother does shoulld not very tiring or stressfull as that can prevent the mother from spending a lot of quality time with kids.

also we do not want to think about it..but what if something happens to the husband, or husband left life or lost his job or had a loss in business. Girl is better prepared if she works and can bring some money to the marraige.  

Stay at home mom does a better job in raising the kid and knows more about the kids. My mother is a stay at home mom and i aprreciate whatever she has done for me. I had a very happy childhood, hope i am able to imitate some of it at my home as well. I dont spend a lot of time cooking elaborate meals but more time with my kids when i come from home. my husbandis also supportinve and that is very important. some husbands are such picky eaters and want elaborate meals every day.  

I would say in the long run...working mom is better in today society because everything is so expensive and to privide abetter futre to the kid and for own professional development,women should work evenafter kids. They can take maternity break for 3-4 months.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

JattiTudeIsha.Ishayellowflower.Arjun-SMay31--naureen786-

fast trak IF-Rockerz
fast trak
fast trak

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 10:07am | IP Logged
cant really say which is better bec there r a lot of  factors which influence this.

for eg..my mum was working but she was wonderful as a mother and we never felt ignored probably bec we had our grandma with us who took care of our daily requirements as well. she was very helpful to my mother in the housework as well which is why my mother could devote time to us as well.

whereas im a stay at home mum at the moment......have 2 kids out of which one is a toddler. but luckily my hubby is very good with helping around the house and he realises that even though im at home its not an easy job. i feel kids do require their parents or grandparents support in the initial yrs of development and if there is no one available then it can be very sad.

it becomes easy to work if there is family around to help incase kids r unwell or something like that but if u r living abroad then its not easy at all. moreover my husband has to travel occasionally and has a full time job......so the major responsibility of kids falls on me. so in such a situation the best option is to have a flexible or a part time job where the kids wont get totally ignored. no point if both r away busy earning and throwing the kids to child minders. thats not the intention of giving birth and its not justified at all.

.ArjunIsha.Ishayellowflower

JattiTude Goldie
JattiTude
JattiTude

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 11:25am | IP Logged

My mother was working when I, my sister and brother were born & were growing up..... and we are very attached to our mother..... we all did very well in our studies....me & sis are doctors, bro is a lawyer.... mom worked, came home and took care of the house too and paid attention to our school stuff as well.... but our dad had a lot of contribution towards it too.... he was a lawyer, but always made sure that he was on top of our education stuff and encouraged our extracurricular activities too....... I think it depends on family to family, mother to mother...... there are many kids who go rotten even when the mothers are staying home....... even in india many women from a generation before us didnt work, but that doesnt mean that their kids are attached to them or are doing good in their lives...... and I am not saying that every working woman's children are well settled or good...... there are pros and cons on both sides...... as I said, my mother was working and my mother in law was a house wife all her life..... I dont see any difference in my or my husband's upbringing......

I have a child now, but I am working full time too..... she definitely is my life and I cant imagine my life without her anymore.....my husband & I are working for a better life of this child and I am sure when she grows up, she will understand that..... we spend our evening and weekends with her.....so from my point of view...... it doesnt matter if the mother is working or not...... it is what morals and values you provide to them in whatever time you are with them.....or how your home environment is!!!!!

.ArjunRasnyIsha.Isha

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 12:07am | IP Logged
This again is one of those subjective topics and there really is no right or wrong answer to this.............nor can anyone say stay-at-home is better than a working mom or vice versa. Naturally there would be pros and cons to both of the options.

It entirely depends on the situation of the married couple.

Money is a huge factor in this decision..........support in the form of family.........husband putting in his time at home.................and a host of other factors.

I think the end result of a child is the values with which the parents bring them up with............that eventually is what makes them the adult that they become..........others things are a logistical matter which each family has to take a call on depending on their abilities.

This is my opinion but I am from another era almost and things were easier and different then.........Smile

Edited by groucho - 05 February 2011 at 12:09am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.ArjunIsha.Isha

.Arjun IF-Rockerz

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 8:17am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Isha.Isha

pratts Senior Member
pratts
pratts

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 8:22am | IP Logged
I am a stay at home working mom (work from home) and am stuck to my computer for more than 10 hours.  But I thank God for giving me such a job where I can be at home and earn but it nonetheless is hectic and really a tightrope walk.  But I feel mothers are mothers and can manage anything and everything thrown at them.  In every circumstance they seem to be in control and on top of everything.  So all mothers on their parts try to do full justice to their role be it working or stay at home.  It is just that if the family is loving and supportive, it makes all the work a worth it experience for mothersSmile

JattiTudeIsha.Isha.Arjun

.Arjun IF-Rockerz

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 8:41am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pratts

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index