India-Forums

Gulaal
Gulaal

Where is Gulaal headed?

soapbubble IF-Rockerz
soapbubble
soapbubble

Posted: 02 February 2011 at 9:05pm | IP Logged
So the initial phase of Gulaal is almost over and the REAL story, according to the producers, is going to start now.

So far they have established the geographical context, told us about Gulaal's character, her love for Vasant, her committment to his dreams and about her situation which includes the huge army of villains confronting them! Angry

But really, what is the story ahead? Ok, Gulaal will marry Kesar, thwart the EVIL contingent and protect him and the Motaba family's wealth and interests. But what is the major plotline?

• After a leap, is the story about a grown up Kesar now an adult and a much older woman and their relationship?
  • Is it about how Gulaal becomes the next mukhiya of Talsagra? To me that would be interesting too, because women need to enter the public space and political space as leaders.
  • Is it about Vasant returning and the moral dilemma facing everyone afterwards?

In my opinion, a soap needs a solid, long distance plotline to sustain it - viewers get very tired of daily conspiracies if they don't know WHERE the story arc is ultimately headed.
Do the producers just intend to do a male Balika Vadhu and keep us engaged with small petty problems all the time? If so, I'm not interested. I'm already tired of Giga Kaka's family - why would anyone put up with them for so long? Give them their share and send them away, for gosh's sake. Daily poison is terrible to live with.

In my view, the storytellers of this soap have made a few mistakes. In seeking to establish the background, they let us engage emotionally with Vasant. The viewers absolutely LOVED him - fabulous character, he was a brave loving man and Rahil ROCKED.
Then they disposed off the character in a hurry. Now they not only lack Rahil's star appeal, they're left without a counter steering force to the story. Unless Vasant comes back or Kesar grows up real quick, we're Rahil-less ConfusedCry

It's DEPRESSING to see Gulaal in white, and will also be very gloomy to see her in finery pretending to be happy and be a guardian to Kesar amidst all this hardship.
So CVs, I hope you have a rock solid plan for the months ahead, because NARI shakti is all very well but soaps need a male hero as well.

What does everyone think? Do you agree?
Bubble

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ocendejoycapricorn7skamanipranitilekharani_2k

sagarw3 Groupbie
sagarw3
sagarw3

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged
I agree with you SoapBubble.

I think they should now show Gulaal to be the Mukhiya and the realtionship of Kesar and Gulaal. they share a beautiful bond and it would be fun to watch them for few months...Them growing together.

I do agree with the Rahil Less episodes but i guess very soon, Kesar and Gulaal's act would help that missing absence of a male hero for now cause now the limelight should be the mixed relationship of Gulal and Kesar..

S
Lennie IF-Stunnerz
Lennie
Lennie

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Personally to do this show and the storyline they have done, they must of worked hard how to do it and make it come across how it has done, so i think with that they had to be careful and make it come across how the situation has led to the current situation and decision which Gulaal picked, i am pretty sure the show knows what its doing, esp if they came up with this concept of Kesar and Gulaal

Rahil was a known face, so i think the producers knew that, but the story was always going to be Vasant leaving at some point which he did, but in a way kept it open for him to return (am i right in thinking his body hasnt been found???) and also Kesar has to grow up

The relation made is most important here, and how its pavitra then how its made or what the age difference is, that is what has come across

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ocendejoy

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index