Maa Exchange

what kind of parents..? - Page 2

groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I would be interested to know exactly what the rules of this reality show is.
They leave rule books, obviously important facts are left out like........ nothing mentioned about cold drinks and homeo medication not gelling together. I agree with Zehra that she should have been told............I am sure she would not have encouraged the kids. Some of the rules seem to be a bit grey so maybe the channel should clarify this for our discussions.

That way our comments pro or against is based on facts.............

From what I saw................Sujit flatly refused whereas Zehra's daughter did not want to follow the rules but did so grudgingly. So what is the rule........can they refuse or do they have to follow them regardless.

I think where Zehra scored was that she tried to not just fit in but also was sensitive to what the children needed...........yes the bad language could have been avoided. But all in all I think she did try to bring some changes which if it is taken in the right spirit might improve Antima's and Sujit's life............A father who has not spent time with his children for 11 or so years and sends a friend to the beach in his place...............Weird.

Actually I was pretty surprised that Antima who is used to working like a drudge had such an easy time in the first 4 days...........I hardly heard her say much except about Farookh's mother and there I think she had a valid point.

But what was with the walks for goodness sake...........her family have to be dragged out of bed............just because she is used to getting up does not mean she has to drag the family out. Yes, she could have suggested a walk but maybe at a later hour. Probably a good thought but I doubt one that will be followed.

Sadly this was one exchange which could have been one of the rare ones where both (one more than the other) families should have taken the positives out of it because by and large it was peaceful ..................BUT that fight in the meeting was just the limit.

Edited by groucho - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yellowflower thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: JattiTude

The line above in red is funny...... haha..... at 15 you will get burnt in the kitchen...... are you a baby???? I personally started cooking at 13, not that we didnt have maids in the house, but I wanted to learn...... I didnt get burnt..... 2-3 generations ago when our great great great grandmothers were married by the age they were 15...... how did they handle the burning stuff...... this is too funny.....
girls these days dont want to enter the kitchen because they dont think it is important. I got married 2 years ago, and just had a baby..... I would want my baby to say that she likes the food that her mom cooks...... just like my husband says about his mother's cooking.... I think people today are becoming too dependent on others for house chores.... which is just not right...... no matter how many maids can you afford, your daughters/sons should be capable of doing anything..... I have seen some boys and girls who cant even make tea or boil god damn rice.... how hard is it?????

I dont know abt your cooking skills, but the communication/mannerism skill is clearly on the display...........  

Secondly, can you honestly tell me even being an adult you never got one tiny cut or slight bit burnt from oil splatter in pan even in last one month????? Not that these have to be some very major incidents, these can as tiny and as unnoticeable that 1 hour later u dont care abt them........  but it happens!!! Young girls aint required at kitchen, its better they grow up to age 17-18 and then enter kitchen n learn cooking..... rather its better they study n concentrate on education........... 

As per great great great grandmother's getting married at 15 and handling cooking.....  these great great great grandmother's probably always lived with adults and handled cooking under adult supervision helped by thr saas and other elder ladies...... and I am sure they must have met with petty injuries as well..... 

As per boiling rice and how hard is that....... certainly boiling rice aint hard but removing the starch water from rice if you are cooking it in handi is hard for a 15 year old....... its different if its cooked in pressure cooker or rice maker............ 

Yes its not right people becoming too much dependent on maid and they should learn to do thr house chores themselves especially important things like cooking meal but everything has an age and safety reasons must be kept in mind.........
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I think we are all forgetting that these families are from different stratas of life and with different upbringing so there is bound to be a  difference in the way they have been brought up.

Given that, the Maa's who go in for the programme should be advised that whatever good intentions they have MUST take into account the above mentioned differences.

That way it will be safe for everyone and all good intentions can be introduced keeping that in mind.

What I notice is that some of the  rule changes are sometimes done just for the sake of doing the change. Some sensitivity goes a long way in winning over the hearts of children particularly..........and then changes become so much easier.
JattiTude thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: samFan

I dont know abt your cooking skills, but the communication/mannerism skill is clearly on the display...........  

Secondly, can you honestly tell me even being an adult you never got one tiny cut or slight bit burnt from oil splatter in pan even in last one month????? Not that these have to be some very major incidents, these can as tiny and as unnoticeable that 1 hour later u dont care abt them........  but it happens!!! Young girls aint required at kitchen, its better they grow up to age 17-18 and then enter kitchen n learn cooking..... rather its better they study n concentrate on education........... 

As per great great great grandmother's getting married at 15 and handling cooking.....  these great great great grandmother's probably always lived with adults and handled cooking under adult supervision helped by thr saas and other elder ladies...... and I am sure they must have met with petty injuries as well..... 

As per boiling rice and how hard is that....... certainly boiling rice aint hard but removing the starch water from rice if you are cooking it in handi is hard for a 15 year old....... its different if its cooked in pressure cooker or rice maker............ 

Yes its not right people becoming too much dependent on maid and they should learn to do thr house chores themselves especially important things like cooking meal but everything has an age and safety reasons must be kept in mind.........

ok, hmmmmm,,,,,, so Miss Mannerism.......where did I lack in communication or mannerism in my previous post......

and a minor cut or splash of a oil drop or something of that sort is not going to kill me...... I am not a sissy...... Women go through so many pains in their lives (especially labor (labour) pain, menstrual pain....etc etc).... what are these minor cuts and little hot oil drops about....... P-u-h-leeaseee!!!!!!

about education part, if you work at home, you can't study????thats new!!!!!!!  I am a doctor, and that also in the US........ grew up in the US as well.......just FYI...... my studies didnt barr me from working at home and helping my mother....

so if these great great grandmothers lived with adults and were supervised.... who is Musarrat living with???? teenagers????? I would imagine that her parents and grandma are actually adults....... eh?????

aah, you actually dont have to remove the "Starch water" if you dont want to..... "handi" or pan whatever you call it, just cover the rice and the water actually dries up...... not everyone makes rice in a pressure cooker or a rice cooker.......

Point is that "Musarrat is a sissy teenager who is spoilt.... doesnt want to do anything..... and it is clear from her statement when she was told to make tea....."I AM NOT INTERESTED!!!!!"

she didnt even want to make tea!!!!!! For God Sake!!!!!

I rest my case.......
Edited by JattiTude - 13 years ago
yellowflower thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: JattiTude

ok, hmmmmm,,,,,, so Miss Mannerism.......where did I lack in communication or mannerism in my previous post......

and a minor cut or splash of a oil drop or something of that sort is not going to kill me...... I am not a sissy...... Women go through so many pains in their lives (especially labor (labour) pain, menstrual pain....etc etc).... what are these minor cuts and little hot oil drops about....... P-u-h-leeaseee!!!!!!

about education part, if you work at home, you can't study????thats new!!!!!!!  I am a doctor, and that also in the US........ grew up in the US as well.......just FYI...... my studies didnt barr me from working at home and helping my mother....

so if these great great grandmothers lived with adults and were supervised.... who is Musarrat living with???? teenagers????? I would imagine that her parents and grandma are actually adults....... eh?????

aah, you actually dont have to remove the "Starch water" if you dont want to..... "handi" or pan whatever you call it, just cover the rice and the water actually dries up...... not everyone makes rice in a pressure cooker or a rice cooker.......

Point is that "Musarrat is a sissy teenager who is spoilt.... doesnt want to do anything..... and it is clear from her statement when she was told to make tea....."I AM NOT INTERESTED!!!!!"

she didnt even want to make tea!!!!!! For God Sake!!!!!

I rest my case.......

First and foremost..... abt lacking mannerism part.... is bold red..... 

Secondly.... where in my post have I supported Mussarat??? can you show me anywhr that I have particularly supported Mussarat abt not doing housework??? 

Thirdly, whr in my post did I say " if you work at home, you can't study????thats new!!!!!!! " ......???

Fourthly, as claimed by you that "  I am a doctor, and that also in the US"  you must be knowing abt the potentials of infection from even a simple cut...... and also abt inflammations......  be it be very minor......... 

Fifthly, can you write it up in details how to dry up starch water in handi by covering lid while cooking it..... I would like to learn this technique....... 
punjabi#1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
cat fight anyone? lol you two need to take a chill pill.
naureenfizz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Sujit is kind of Kanjoos person, he dont buy a bucket of 40rs because he want to safe his money.. This is to wired, 40 rupay safe kar k mehal banana hai kya, his behavior was very wrong to his son, he was so partial between his son and daughter... I felt that Antima is not very educated, she actually instigate Zehra's mother-in-law and tried to convince her that Zehra and Farooq doesn't care about you and dont give you respect.. I dont like that kind of Lagai-bujayee attitude...

Zehra was very good with Sujit Kids but she have to teach her daughter too about house hold work like making tea etc... Its very important for a girl of Asian country to show some responsible attitude at her home!!!
Edited by sweetrahz - 13 years ago
pratts thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
CZ----We are missing your episode analysis.  Take the time, make one and post one---Looking forward to one⭐️
JattiTude thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Fifthly, can you write it up in details how to dry up starch water in handi by covering lid while cooking it..... I would like to learn this technique....... 
[/QUOTE]

I dont want to start arguing on many things..... but I will definitely answer your above question.....

How to make starchless rice!!!!!

1 cup of rice
2 cups of water
1 teaspoon of olive oil

Put it on Low-Medium Gas, partially covered and let it boil. Once it starts boiling, cover it up and stir once or twice so that the rice dont stick.
Thats it, in about 7-10 minutes the rice are done without any water in them.

ANother way to do it::

1 cup of rice
2 cups of water
1 teaspoon of olive oil

Put it on Low-Medium Gas. Cover it with a foil paper properly so that the air stays in. On top of the foil, cover your pan with its lid. After about 2-3 minutes, stir it once. Then in about 7-10 minutes, turn the gas off. Make some cuts in the foil with a knife (foil will stay on the  pan though). Just take off the lid and let the airl come out through those holes in the foil for about 10 minutes.