Joined: 27 July 2008
but with 'Discussion of the Week'
Well, Now that we have heard of AR Rahman being nominated
for oscars for the 2nd time
Praying that he wins and makes us proud like always
(Ellam Iraivan Kaiyile)
So this week the topic is about our
Oscar Nayagan,Isai Puyal,Mozart of
Recently while hearing ARR songs on Youtube I
found many reports on how ARR's old touch was missing etc
So Thats the discussion for this week.I really would request you all to please give your opinion of the following
1. Is ARR's old touch (during the Roja, Gentleman Times) Missing?
2. Do you feel that his music is now more universal than regional
3. Which works of ARR do you prefer the Most
(his present ones or the ones during the age of Roja, Rangeela etc)
Please abide by the rules of Sensational South Section as well as India-forums.com !
Please give your constructive criticisms
Joined: 06 December 2007
Joined: 28 July 2008
Joined: 29 June 2010
Joined: 01 March 2008
Sadly, yes Its not that he lost the touch, he is more on to EXPERIMENTING. Thats the main reason why we dont get his melodies that often. Remember he gave us Munbe vaa at a time when he was criticised more for not providing his best. So he still can give us but only he has to be ready for it
2. Do you feel that his music is now more universal than regional.
Joined: 27 May 2008
- I don't think he's losing his touch, his music is amazing, and he's always had a 'different' style of music which I guess he is developing. Music worldwide is developing and changing and India could fall behind if that change wasn't being made.. Not that I don't love old indian music :) I've even got some of my non-indian friends into some of his music - Endhiran/VTV .. they love it :)
Joined: 02 July 2010
Joined: 17 August 2009