Deven returns as Mrs. Tendulkar

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 6:17am | IP Logged
Buzz up!

The lovable 'Gattu' of Baa Bahoo aur Baby aka Deven Bhojani returns to TV after a long hiatus with Mrs Tendulkar on SAB TV tonight.

Deven plays a husband who works from home so he handles the household duties while his wife attends office. The show is a comedy but also has a social message that husbands should encourage their wives to pursue their dreams. We spoke to Deven about why he decided to return to the small screen as Mrs. Tendulkar, read on to find out what he had to say.

"The audience has given me so much love and accepted all my characters right from Dekh Bhai Dekh to Baa Bahoo aur Baby. After Baa Bahoo aur Baby ended I took a break and went abroad for 3 months where I pursued a course in film direction in Los Angeles. After returning I got about 18 offers but none of them sounded too exciting. However when my friends who have almost become like my brothers now, Aatish and JD offered me Mrs. Tendulkar I could not refuse it. At first I was shocked when they told me I will be playing the title role but after they explained the concept, I fell in love with this show", says Deven

Speaking about the story of the show the actor says "The story is about employees living in the quarters provided by their bank. So the characters are together at work and even after it. I play Suhas Tendulkar who works as a writer of daily soaps that are huge hits. I work from home while my wife is an employee at the bank. She gets the opportunity to become manager but is worried about how she will balance her work as well as household responsibilities. However I assure her that I will look after the kids and her other duties while she is at work. I am not too good at managing duties of the household but I am enthusiastic about leaning". Revealing some more interesting aspects about his role Deven says "The housewives in the colony are gossip mongers and I try to be a part of the ladies club and they are happy to include me. The ladies also address me as Mrs Tendulkar".

Speaking about his co-stars Deven says " Most of the actors are comparatively new on TV as they belong to theatre but it is fun working with them".

On a parting note Deven says " I want to thank my fans for all their love and request them to continue to support me as my new character Mrs Tendulkar. We are targeting the family audience. I am sure the audience will smile while watching the show and couples with the situations shown in it".
  • Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media
  • Monday, January 31, 2011
  •  

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

birju4babyKeva-Ritz-

SangeetaHimani Groupbie
    SangeetaHimani
    SangeetaHimani

Posted: 07 February 2011 at 3:47am | IP Logged
    Originally posted by Armu4eva

Buzz up!

The lovable 'Gattu' of Baa Bahoo aur Baby aka Deven Bhojani returns to TV after a long hiatus with Mrs Tendulkar on SAB TV tonight.

Deven, we are you big fans. We have downloaded Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai and relish it almost every day.
    atria Goldie
    atria
    atria

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
    I'm liking this new character, he seems such a gentle soul.... lately I always thought of him as Gattu, good to see him try a different characterSmile

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
    Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
    Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
    Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index