Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

JWM spin-off on Star Plus (Page 11)

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
I wish DMG would just go awayyy! Its CREEEPYYY!!! Stern Smile
koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 8:59pm | IP Logged

Meena1 IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 9:00pm | IP Logged

Meena1 IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 9:01pm | IP Logged

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by x.Anku.x

I think it's thanks to how pathetic TV has gotten in the last 2 years that many folk have started missing Ekta's shows. Like psawyer said, if someone BACK THEN told me how awesome Ekta shows are, I did give them one huge 'YOU ARE CRAZY dude' look right back. lolz.

DMG was in Top 20 shows when it started and it remained @ a 2.0 trps and def. above 1.0 which is extremely good for a channel like Star One as it not available in all cities till 6-7 months. But then, the Creatives had their own way of spoiling their 'baby' with off screen dramas, too much copying etc. etc later on. And towards the end, it was ruined so bad that today it's remembered more for being the most ridiculous show for the neutral and non-obsessed fans or anyone with some senses.

But bottom line is, Indian TV sucks today and it's getting even more boring. PLEASE koi acha show bana do :| I like watching TV for one hour in a day. Koi ek show bana do achaaa! :|

Oh my was it? But then I heard it was actually good when it started so it makes sense that it would get TRP's..

As for a new show...have you seen the YRF shows? I promise they're way better than their recent movies! LOL In fact, their blockbuster Band Baaja Baarat is inspired from one of their very own shows- Rishta.Com..of course BBB is different..it's a more fun  and dhinchaak version of the show..while the show is more understated..Embarrassed But the YRF shows are urban, intelligent, funny shows with strong production values..a big relief from the rona dhona sacrificing crap of TV..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Tani91.shona.

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShadowKisses

^ They weren't called TRPs but referred to as DART, or TAM then (or so wikipedia says) and the serials at the time did end much faster than Kyunki did despite giving piss-poor TRPs for over 1 year, far as I know, before it was finally (and rightfully) axed from Star.

Don't really agree with your generalization that the plots were montonous as compared to TV today. I would argue that the many plots on television that Kekta brought about were cliched and a rehash of one another - eg Kutumb/Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai, KGGK/KSBKBT/Karam Apna Apna, Kasauti/Tere Liye etc. In comparison, what Banegi Apni Baat alone brought to the table in terms of social issues (illegitimate children, sexuality) exceeds Ekta's attempts at the same topic and I really don't think it was monotone but rather presented a plethora of views (business women/housewifes and so on).

The one thing I do agree with is that the production value has gone through the roof but I don't necessarily see that as an advantage/pro because higher production value/opulent sets/actors who have more star value don't mean squat unless you have the quality (in script, plot and acting) to back it up and unfortunately, not many of Kekta's serials (or serials today like DMG, Pratigya, Sangini) had that. If higher production value equaled quality viewing then SLB, and Gowarikar should be considered fantastic film-makers. To draw another parallel, it's like Twilight. Popular, best seller, huge fandom, crazy fans who will throw themselves at the scent of an opiate-laced Pattinson but the writing of the characters and plot would be ridiculed even in amateurish fan-fiction circles. The TV industry has turned into a money-making machine with frankly substandard acting and writing that treats its audience as morons.

Funny that you say these are the shows that drew you towards television because for me it's exactly the opposite. After piously following KSBKBT through the years, and finally having enough of its BS circa 2007, I've yet to look back and follow another Hindi serial.

Shanti ran for good 804 epi.. and there were no genation leaps (??).. new characters or anything in that show..i didn't follow it till the end.. but it did get very boring...somehow i do think that soaps have become more entertaining now.. coz of different gimmicks.. new techniques (generation leaps, new characters twists and turns).. and most of all.. if people don't like it.. it just ends..i thought the soaps before.. had plots which were very uni-dimentional.. i didn't like saans either..soaps back in the day weren't thrilling.. or exciting.. and their range was very limited.. about issue based shows.. kekta never attempted it.. but some shows are shifting their focus to issue based shows.. set in villages and rural areas.. which was an area ignored before... except some DD shows maybe.. malgudi days.. was an awesome show.. i remember watching it as a kid..but shows on zee and sony never concentrated on rural issues.. like child marriage.. skin color prejudice.. but shows these days.. are attempting that.. altho even i don't like the way content is presented.. its way too glamorized.. but shows based on rural settings is the new direction that indian tv has taken i guess.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShadowKisses

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 9:20pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1

Go to top