Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 years ago
This *JWM remake* can never be the like original one. In fact, the original essence can never be in the duplicate one.

Karan Wahi was about to play the role of Aditya, but he is out. :s

Dunno now who's gonna play the role, hope won't be disaster like the girl. There is a few chance that I will watch the show bcoz I don't want to ruin the actual one's flavour seeing this.
Edited by ffkhan - 13 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
But Geet needs to be amazing, coz she's kinda the life of the story.
I hope this girl is good, coz no matter how cute the guy, if Geet fails and annoys the hell outta ppl, story's gonna fall.
I think you need someone who's a bit of a maniac lol!

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Saw the first two episodes.. and I am very disappointed to say the least 😔 Pavitra doesn't suit the character Geet and I've seen her in splitsvilla and after that I just can't relate to the girl I am not gonna watch it further fosho...
ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
@Desu- agreed. And we want a sweet guy for the role of Aditya too.😳

desigal90 thumbnail
I dont htink it was a good idea to try adn replicate the film in any way. You can never match up to the originals. Its like, could you even attempt to remake DDLJ today without srk and kajol? It just doesnt work that way
mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Very few girls can pull off the punjabi next door girl act
In bollywood, Kajol, Anushka and Kareena have successfully done it, in my opinion

Also, I think they should have opted for a more wellknown Tele Actress, Dhrasti D is the only one who pulls that type of character off so well, but she's playing geet in another show 😆, she would have been perfect for the JWM geet character in this show
Lol. I can't believe they considered the obnoxious, over the top, not so subtle Karan Wahi for the role of Aditya. I am glad things did not work out with him....as it is already, the girl chosen for the role lacks everything required...if they had casted Karan Wahi, we'd have two wrongs, and that's never any good.

They should even replace the current girl IMO. Her diction sucks too. Maybeee Neha Bamb can do it. *shrugs*
Edited by zainab25 - 13 years ago
TV is a whole other ballgame from Bollywood movies

Crying main characters are the ones who garner TRPs with rare exceptions...how will a character like Geet fit in? The show's creatives will need to make drama......and most of the time, that drama leads to the female lead crying 24/7

Zainab: .I was thinking the same thing about Neha. She did a good punjabi kudi in Maayka😛
Edited by koolchick - 13 years ago
Yeaaa, plus lets be honest.....amongst all of the current wooden planks on TV (Tellywood), she's like God....her face actually moves. Lol. She has experience, she has the screen presence many actors lack, she can perform varied roles. But alas, I doubt she will be back on TV. *sigh*
mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Neha was horrible in her initial days, like horrible doesn't even explain it 😆but her expressions and acting eventually improved

But in the end, people have accepted Kareena as Geet, personally I think even if they made a sequel to JWM, with kareena & shahid, it wouldn't be as good as the first