Page 8 of 16

MysticalRealm

IF-Dazzler

MysticalRealm

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShadowKisses

@bhinder.thind: You are contradicting yourself by saying stats don't
tell the true story and simultaneously citing several of Tendulkar's
statistics (for me to infer from, I would assume). Bradman was, as I understand it, the true Colossus of the
game as he averaged 45 more runs that the players of his era. I don't think even Sachin has ever managed that over the entireity of his career.

Fact of matter is quite simple - when *I* was passionate about it and
watched it, Tendulkar ranked behind Dravid
+ Ponting for me. It may be that he played well before and after I watched but I haven't watched enough to praise or condemn him for it. I thought I outlined that clearly.

Don't particularly find your argument regarding Tendulkar and Dravid
convincing, either. SRT has the edge in ODIs (limited overs) no two ways about it but I'd easily give Dravid
the edge in Test matches. I don't know how Dravid has done in the
Twenty20 limited overs format as I haven't been following cricket piously so I can't
comment on that. However, I have seen enough of him prior to that to know he
was a rock in Test series - especially the away ones and this wasn't
just towards the supposed end of his career. He'd walk in at shit scores
like 3-2 and 6-2 and attempt to save face. I do view him as (slighlty more) invaluable to the team as Tendulkar and it will be a sad day when these two, along with Laxman, decide to retire.

Oh come on, Sachin has no weaknesses? That's bull, tbh. I'm willing to listen/read to what you have to say and have a healthy debate but overstatements like that are getting old, fast.

@tom-jerry: I'm sorry but posting stats out of context doesn't really
argue much. Tendulkar averaged 17.25 in Tests back in 2003. That was
his worst year by far. I don't really get where you are pulling
an average of 57 from. If I had to guess, it would probably have been the WC ODIs that boosted his average. Same with 2006. He had an average of 24-25 in Tests and ODIs make it look better. Ironically, 2005 when he didn't flop so badly in Tests is weighed down by poor ODI performances. While it is nothing short of amazing that he has managed to turn his career around after the debacle of 2007 WC campaign, statements like oh, he's always played well aren't necessarily true IMO.

Off to watch more footie :D

Okay so are you trying to say that Sachin sucks?? If that is basically it then why waste your time on thus big huge lecture?? Because honestly if you were to say this tobsomeone in person they will probably box you out! Are all the people who live in India STUPID??? Do they not know the game of cricket?? And if you are going to give us stats to prove your point than save the effort!! Coz man agreed a few years he did score less but that doesnt mean you have lost your skill! If I say that you did something that no human would ever do I wouldnt call you a ape now would I?? If you count his whole 22 year long carreers Average i am sure you'll be DUMBFOUNDED AND BAFFLED by the scores he has recieved in somem matches including the 200 runs!! Seriously dude you can have your opinion but trying to prove urself right by some shyt stats!!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1hindu4lyfSavvyK.Seantomnjerry2

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Greatest Cricketer Ever? (Page 8)" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tomnjerry2

IF-Addictz

tomnjerry2

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 7:49am | IP Logged

@tom-jerry: I'm sorry but posting stats out of context doesn't really argue much. Tendulkar averaged 17.25 in Tests back in 2003. That was his worst year by far. I don't really get where you are pulling an average of 57 from. If I had to guess, it would probably have been the WC ODIs that boosted his average. Same with 2006. He had an average of 24-25 in Tests and ODIs make it look better. Ironically, 2005 when he didn't flop so badly in Tests is weighed down by poor ODI performances. While it is nothing short of amazing that he has managed to turn his career around after the debacle of 2007 WC campaign, statements like oh, he's always played well aren't necessarily true IMO.

Off to watch more footie  :D

A poor run does nto affect ur position by any means whn ur career average is keep growing !!!! LOL 

If u dunno Sachin used to hav an average of 52-53 two three years ago whr as RD had almost 58 !!!! Tongue its all abt consistency.... n its not easy to grow ur career average after playing so many testes unless u sumthing out of the world by 4-5 runs an innngs !!!! Tongue Both Punter n Dravid r having bad times in test cricket for 2-3 years now... n i dun think sachin played enof tests during tht phase ....!!!! Tongue

Did i say he always play well... ?? ??  2007 debacle... wr we played just 3 matches n lost two... so ?? we will leave playing once we lost a series ??? if thts so sachin would hav left playing in the  90's whn India used to loose every now n thn !!! LOL 

Keep----------------Smiling !!!!! Smile

MysticalRealmhindu4lyfSavvy-Doppelganger-K.Sean

MysticalRealm

IF-Dazzler

MysticalRealm

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tomnjerry2

@tom-jerry: I'm sorry but posting stats out of context doesn't really argue much. Tendulkar averaged 17.25 in Tests back in 2003. That was his worst year by far. I don't really get where you are pulling an average of 57 from. If I had to guess, it would probably have been the WC ODIs that boosted his average. Same with 2006. He had an average of 24-25 in Tests and ODIs make it look better. Ironically, 2005 when he didn't flop so badly in Tests is weighed down by poor ODI performances. While it is nothing short of amazing that he has managed to turn his career around after the debacle of 2007 WC campaign, statements like oh, he's always played well aren't necessarily true IMO.

Off to watch more footie  :D

A poor run does nto affect ur position by any means whn ur career average is keep growing !!!! LOL 

If u dunno Sachin used to hav an average of 52-53 two three years ago whr as RD had almost 58 !!!! Tongue its all abt consistency.... n its not easy to grow ur career average after playing so many testes unless u sumthing out of the world by 4-5 runs an innngs !!!! Tongue Both Punter n Dravid r having bad times in test cricket for 2-3 years now... n i dun think sachin played enof tests during tht phase ....!!!! Tongue

Did i say he always play well... ?? ??  2007 debacle... wr we played just 3 matches n lost two... so ?? we will leave playing once we lost a series ??? if thts so sachin would hav left playing in the  90's whn India used to loose every now n thn !!! LOL 

Keep----------------Smiling !!!!! Smile

agreed!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Savvytomnjerry2

Cutiepie Rani

IF-Stunnerz

Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 7:03pm | IP Logged

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MysticalRealmSavvyK.Seantomnjerry2

sab2778

IF-Dazzler

sab2778

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 2:57am | IP Logged
sachin is carrying d burden of xpectations of billions for more thn 20 years

performing under pressure 4 so many years makes him

d greatest cricketer of all times 4 me

cricketfan1MysticalRealmhindu4lyfSavvytomnjerry2

MysticalRealm

IF-Dazzler

MysticalRealm

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 6:40pm | IP Logged
@ shadowkisses

I had a question? What are you trying to prove? I simply want to know why you are having issues admitting that Sachin is an outstanding player. I mean are all people around the entire world stupid for worshiping Sachin?  I honestly want an answer. Do you think that we have know idea who plays good an bad? I mean screw that statistics, and think about general. When you ask people about the most renowned cricketer, 99.9 percent of people would say Sachin Tendulkar without listening to the complete question. Then why do you beg to differ? Proving your point with stats and opinions is not going to change reality. I mean genuinely, the greatest cricketer is the one who leaves a mark on your heart, the one who fails to disappoint you, and by chance is he does he will regain his trust. Sachin did have his downfalls, but he came back with a KAPOW! Now, for you maybe Bradman had left the mark on your heart, but for most people on this thread it is THE Sachhin Tendulkar. So PLEASE will you stop trying to prove yourself correct. For the sake of life, everyone has opinions so say that you feel so and so is the greatest cricketer in your opinion and STOP trying to prove yourself correct.

I do not mean to be rude...... Like you are saying how you feel.......... I simply stated how I did.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Savvytomnjerry2

demolition_man

demolition_man

Posted: 15 April 2011 at 6:47am | IP Logged
Sachin Tendulkar ........ Who else ?? Shocked

MysticalRealmhindu4lyfSavvyK.Seantomnjerry2

wanker

Groupbie

wanker

Posted: 15 April 2011 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -_AfridiMalik_-

sachin cud b the GREATEST batsman but NOT cricketer....
he cant field, he doesnt bowl gud...

I'm guessing you never watched cricket!! D'oh

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

MysticalRealmhindu4lyfSavvyK.SeanParachute.tomnjerry2

Post Reply New Post

Go to top