Sports/Cricket

The Greatest Cricketer Ever? (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 16

tomnjerry2

IF-Addictz

tomnjerry2

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 12:39am | IP Logged
How many teams Bradman has played with ...one ??? two ??? Tendulkar has played against 9 different test teams n has scored against all kinds of bowlers .. ?? Ermm

the evaluation of greatness is just not based on how many runs u hav scored... its how consistently u hav scored those runs..... no one cn be compared to Tendulkar under his era... above 32000 runs  in both forms of the game... how many hav got 30k runs???.... almost 100 international 100's..... how many hav got  fifty 100's ..???... and 150 wkts in odis n close to 50 wkts in tests....100 catches in both forms of the game..... scored most against likes of Mc.Graeth ..Murali... Warne ...Akram..(these 4 hav got above 2400 wkts between thm). The leading wkt takers on earth...nw.... Tongue

Had Bradman played 400++ and 180 ++ tests we would hav compared his stats with Sachin's !!! When Mike Hussey started his career he used to average more thn 80 during his first 25-30 tests which has not cum down as low as 50 !!!! Tongue but maintaining a test avg of 50+ for over 180 tests is NOT  just a cake walk !!!!

How many batsman hav hit the bowlers in their dreams ???

Even  today whn he gets out team crumbles.... not too far away... in this world cup only we hav seen this as much as thrice... and twice in the recently played test matches against the Aussies... !!!! he got out n team was bowled within next 30 runs !!!!

He is the greatest cricketer of all tym there is not a pinch of doubt there.... !!!! he has got stats backing him !!!! Abt Rahul Dravid .....he no wr stands close to Tendulakr...!!!!!

Keep-----------------Smiling !!!Smile

Edited by tomnjerry2 - 17 April 2011 at 3:51am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1MysticalRealmSavvy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Greatest Cricketer Ever? (Page 7)" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bhinder.thind

IF-Dazzler

bhinder.thind

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 1:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ShadowKisses

@bold: And yet you're trying to change or at the very least impact my opinion which I've repeatedly stated is limited. Very head against wall, no? Tongue

You're asking me to evaluate statistics and rule into Tendulkar's favour because his stats are favourable and I'm telling you that based on what I have seen - empirical evidence - rather than statistical one, he has impressed me less than the other two. How is this emotionally motivated? :S  I don't enjoy acting like the professor of an era I saw nothing of (again, this is empircal not emotional) and have nothing but statistics to tell the story.

tbh, I don't have the time to dig them up right now (maybe if I have more time over the weekend I'll come back to this and argue with a statsmonger like yourself) and even if I did, stats are up for interpretation (which is as subjective and can be manipulated) because as you rightly pointed out not out skews averages - as do minnows -  and as you earlier said, stats don't always tell the story anyways.

@green: You can easily flip the equation around though. i.e. how many times has Tendulkar played on an uncovered wicket? Or how many more runs could Bradman have made on the pitches discovered over the years? Bradman had things Tendulkar doesn't have to contend (slow wet outfields, bodyline with no helmets, etc) with just like Tendulkar has things Bradman didn't have to contend with.

LOL though, the one time I give stats to work with, you flip it on its head and tell me its useless because averages and by extension stats are skewed by other factors (such as not outs) anyways. Ha, that's contradictory to your "show me the stats because they are better than any empirical interpretation you have" approach! Tendulkar is amazing but his record is comparable to few batsmen of his era. Bradman's record relative to his peers is surreal and stuff fairy tales are made of. It is valid to base a comparison off of this because we are comparing batsmen through the ages. Mind, this is just statistics talking not "emotions" since I've never seen him play Tongue.

@italics: That shows strong work ethic, not anything else really, which is an asset but not a defining marker of the best player ever. Even Raul Gonzalez (easily my favourite in football) has amazing work ethic probably greater than anyone else could possibly have ever had but I wouldn't rate him above the likes of Zidane or Mueller when it comes to talent. He gives it his 110% on the pitch every game, is the higest goal scorer of Champions League but that doesn't inherently mean he is the best player (technical or otherwise) on the pitch.

Ah no, footie is football or as we Yanks call it - 'soccer'. Don't know if you watch it but Schalke spanked Inter pretty bad on Inter's home turf.

I had written a long hardcore essay but bad luck I lost that AngryAnyway mentioning the main points now .. 

Wall aw does not really matter .. coz we have wall made up of traditional wood so wall gonna hurt not my head ... I am not trying to change your opinion about something .. What i am saying that when you come to debate it should be based on Overall performance .. rather than You are saying Nokia 3310 has voice clarity better than Iphone so Nokia is best LOL got the point na?

I am not stats-monger .. But Opinion is only good when you been asked for .. In debates, I reckon Facts work better ... 

Body Lines bowling? Now you are sounding like Johnson Australian Fast bowler LOL Bradman did face body line Only at the end of his career and see his success against that? Helmet hmm Gwaskar never worn helmet in his life I think .. So is he better than Tendulkar or Bradman? Its just a demand of time my friend .. You convert yourself according to demand of time and situation ... Your this phrase seems copy paste of Comment by TEMPEST OF SYDNEY on Essay written by Simon ...exactly the same words Shocked .... whatever, Technology plays a important role dear .. Now bowlers take 2 minutes to identify weakness of batsman .. which was impossible formerly ..suppose, Bradman's weakness against body line gets in view after first series ... we would never be arguing here LOL 

Oh man I am missing my previous written long long essay .. not able to write in a same way nowAngry If you understand Punjabi Je rabb ne juban deti aa na kyo man na? Sir khapayi jao  LOL So neither you gonna admit nor me ..LOL

Well I exit in this world So obviously aware of Soccer .. I go for Chelsea, Real Madrid and  AC Milan ....

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1K.Seantomnjerry2

ShadowKisses

IF-Dazzler

ShadowKisses

Winner of KSBKBT Debate Champtionship 2

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tomnjerry2

How many teams Bradman has played with ...one ??? two ??? Tendulkar has played against 9 different test teams n has scored against all kinds of bowlers .. ?? Ermm

the evaluation of greatness is just not based on how many runs u hav scored... its how consistently u hav scored those runs..... no one cn be compared to Tendulkar under his era... above 32000 runs  in both forms of the game... how many hav got 30k runs???.... almost 100 international 100's..... how many hav got  fifty 100's ..???... and 150 wkts in odis n close to 50 wkts in tests....100 catches in both forms of the game..... scored most against likes of Mc.Graeth ..Murali... Warne ...Akram..(these 4 hav got above 2400 wkts between thm). The leading wkt takers on earth...nw.... Tongue

Had Bradman played 400++ and 180 ++ tests we would hav compared his stats with Sachin's !!! When Mike Hussey started his career he used to average more thn 80 during his first 25-30 tests which has not cum down as low as 50 !!!! Tongue but maintaining a test avg of 50+ for over 180 tests is just a cake walk !!!!

How many batsman hav hit the bowlers in their dreams ???

Even  today whn he gets out team crumbles.... not too far away... in this world cup only we hav seen this as much as thrice... and twice in the recently played test matches against the Aussies... !!!! he got out n team was bowled within next 30 runs !!!!

He is the greatest cricketer of all tym there is not a pinch of doubt there.... !!!! he has got stats backing him !!!! Abt Rahul Dravid .....he no wr stands close to Tendulakr...!!!!!

Keep-----------------Smiling !!!Smile

I can't believe people are actually putting Sachin above Bradman. Seriously? This is not even up for debate. When Sachin averages considerably better than his peers (45+), then we can talk about declaring him above Bradman.

So 52 matches over a 20 year period was just beginner's luck and a fluke? LOL whatever.

TROLOLOLOL. You are trolling now. Dravid stands nowhere near Tendulkar? ROFLMAOROFL. That is an incredulous statement you cannot substantiate. As of now, Tendulkar averages 54 against big teams; Dravid (with piss-poor years of test cricket recently) averages 50 in tests. Dravid's away game average without minnows is 40, SRT's 36 in ODIs. Include home matches and that tips into SRT's favour but I would argue SRT's average is inflated by high score innings of 200 not out.Dravid has consistently performed better in test matches away up until his rut, has won 4 Man of the Match awards in different countries (Australia, England, Pakistan, and WI) away from home in matches India has won (to Tendulkar's 2 against NZ and Bangladesh in recent years) and he stands nowhere near Tendulkar? 1,2.

Let me laugh derisively at that again.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

URuinedMaHeartMagixXspiritcrimsonruky786Howlarious

bhinder.thind

IF-Dazzler

bhinder.thind

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:43am | IP Logged

I hope you are having good time laughing ... continue when you finish LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1MysticalRealm

tomnjerry2

IF-Addictz

tomnjerry2

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:48am | IP Logged

I can't believe people are actually putting Sachin above Bradman. Seriously? This is not even up for debate. When Sachin averages considerably better than his peers (45+), then we can talk about declaring him above Bradman.

So 52 matches over a 20 year period was just beginner's luck and a fluke? LOL whatever.

TROLOLOLOL. You are trolling now. Dravid stands nowhere near Tendulkar? ROFLMAOROFL. That is an incredulous statement you cannot substantiate. As of now, Tendulkar averages 54 against big teams; Dravid (with piss-poor years of test cricket recently) averages 50 in tests. Dravid's away game average without minnows is 40, SRT's 36 in ODIs. Include home matches and that tips into SRT's favour but I would argue SRT's average is inflated by high score innings of 200 not out.Dravid has consistently performed better in test matches away up until his rut, has won 4 Man of the Match awards in different countries (Australia, England, Pakistan, and WI) away from home in matches India has won (to Tendulkar's 2 against NZ and Bangladesh in recent years) and he stands nowhere near Tendulkar? 1,2.

Dun believe only u r not forced an opinion !!!! Tongue  of course there is... if i play 10 tesr matches n score 100 each n i wnt get out for 3-4 innings my average will be way above 100 n i will be termed  greater thn Don !!! oh yeah y not i average better !!!!

of course RD does not stand close to SRT !!!! LOL yeah Dravid has performed better at sum point tht SRT but he is not close to Sachin as a cricketer...test matches r different aspect... n in one Dayers look at RD's strike rate !!!! Tongue we aint spking abt just test matches here !!!! VVS Laxman averages more thn any Indian in 4th innings of a test match so he is better thn both SRT n RD ???? Confused Dhoni averages more thn Sachin in Odis .. he must be a better player ??? no !!!! LOL

Winning and loosing r different things... whn Tendulkar all other fall flat n India looses match..not his fault... and there r many example of such incident wr Sachin has all alone carried the innings n team has let him down... PS: Ind Aus match at Hyd recently wr India was chasing 350 !!!!!! Tongue

so u think who scores against Bangladesh or NZ  is not a good player  ??? LOL U r not limited to score against particular team or bowler.. its abt scoring everywr n against anyone.. n SRT has done better thn Dravid scoring all over the place !!!! Tongue

Keep---------------Smiling !!!! Smile

MysticalRealmSavvy

ShadowKisses

IF-Dazzler

ShadowKisses

Winner of KSBKBT Debate Champtionship 2

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhinder.thind

I hope you are having good time laughing ... continue when you finish LOL

Oh had a glorious time but I'm done with this. Too much stuff coming up to argue over cricket but lol again at Bradman (of all batsmen) and Dravid being significantly lesser batsmen than Tendulkar.

Fascinating that you go for both Milan and RM as both have quite distinct playing styles and varying ideologies. RM's last encounter with Milan and Pedro Leon's last gasp equalizer (it was glorious esp. the pass from Benzema) must've sucked either way for you, I guess.

URuinedMaHeartMagixX

bhinder.thind

IF-Dazzler

bhinder.thind

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 4:24am | IP Logged

Fascinating that you go for both Milan and RM as both have quite distinct playing styles and varying ideologies. RM's last encounter with Milan and Pedro Leon's last gasp equalizer (it was glorious esp. the pass from Benzema) must've sucked either way for you, I guess.

don't go this much that on a loss, I give up eating or so ROFL I hate C.Ronaldo I know hate is a big word but i do mean this ... Thats why my soft corner for Madrid getting hard a bit ... But but Chelsea been my all time fav... I love Chelsea.. I support other teams because of some players But support Chelsea as a team  ..you seems to be from spain?LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShadowKisses

serendipity.

IF-Stunnerz

serendipity.

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 6:00am | IP Logged
Imran Khan! Approve

URuinedMaHeartMagixX

Post Reply New Post

Go to top