Sports/Cricket

The Greatest Cricketer Ever? (Page 7)

ShadowKisses IF-Dazzler
ShadowKisses
ShadowKisses

Winner of KSBKBT Debate Champtionship 2

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tomnjerry2

How many teams Bradman has played with ...one ??? two ??? Tendulkar has played against 9 different test teams n has scored against all kinds of bowlers .. ?? Ermm

the evaluation of greatness is just not based on how many runs u hav scored... its how consistently u hav scored those runs..... no one cn be compared to Tendulkar under his era... above 32000 runs  in both forms of the game... how many hav got 30k runs???.... almost 100 international 100's..... how many hav got  fifty 100's ..???... and 150 wkts in odis n close to 50 wkts in tests....100 catches in both forms of the game..... scored most against likes of Mc.Graeth ..Murali... Warne ...Akram..(these 4 hav got above 2400 wkts between thm). The leading wkt takers on earth...nw.... Tongue

Had Bradman played 400++ and 180 ++ tests we would hav compared his stats with Sachin's !!! When Mike Hussey started his career he used to average more thn 80 during his first 25-30 tests which has not cum down as low as 50 !!!! Tongue but maintaining a test avg of 50+ for over 180 tests is just a cake walk !!!!

How many batsman hav hit the bowlers in their dreams ???

Even  today whn he gets out team crumbles.... not too far away... in this world cup only we hav seen this as much as thrice... and twice in the recently played test matches against the Aussies... !!!! he got out n team was bowled within next 30 runs !!!!

He is the greatest cricketer of all tym there is not a pinch of doubt there.... !!!! he has got stats backing him !!!! Abt Rahul Dravid .....he no wr stands close to Tendulakr...!!!!!

Keep-----------------Smiling !!!Smile

I can't believe people are actually putting Sachin above Bradman. Seriously? This is not even up for debate. When Sachin averages considerably better than his peers (45+), then we can talk about declaring him above Bradman.

So 52 matches over a 20 year period was just beginner's luck and a fluke? LOL whatever.

TROLOLOLOL. You are trolling now. Dravid stands nowhere near Tendulkar? ROFLMAOROFL. That is an incredulous statement you cannot substantiate. As of now, Tendulkar averages 54 against big teams; Dravid (with piss-poor years of test cricket recently) averages 50 in tests. Dravid's away game average without minnows is 40, SRT's 36 in ODIs. Include home matches and that tips into SRT's favour but I would argue SRT's average is inflated by high score innings of 200 not out.Dravid has consistently performed better in test matches away up until his rut, has won 4 Man of the Match awards in different countries (Australia, England, Pakistan, and WI) away from home in matches India has won (to Tendulkar's 2 against NZ and Bangladesh in recent years) and he stands nowhere near Tendulkar? 1,2.

Let me laugh derisively at that again.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MyLoveMForeverMagixXspiritcrimsonruky786Howlarious

bhinder.thind IF-Dazzler
bhinder.thind
bhinder.thind

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShadowKisses

I hope you are having good time laughing ... continue when you finish LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MysticalRealmcricketfan1

tomnjerry2 IF-Addictz
tomnjerry2
tomnjerry2

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:48am | IP Logged

I can't believe people are actually putting Sachin above Bradman. Seriously? This is not even up for debate. When Sachin averages considerably better than his peers (45+), then we can talk about declaring him above Bradman.

So 52 matches over a 20 year period was just beginner's luck and a fluke? LOL whatever.

TROLOLOLOL. You are trolling now. Dravid stands nowhere near Tendulkar? ROFLMAOROFL. That is an incredulous statement you cannot substantiate. As of now, Tendulkar averages 54 against big teams; Dravid (with piss-poor years of test cricket recently) averages 50 in tests. Dravid's away game average without minnows is 40, SRT's 36 in ODIs. Include home matches and that tips into SRT's favour but I would argue SRT's average is inflated by high score innings of 200 not out.Dravid has consistently performed better in test matches away up until his rut, has won 4 Man of the Match awards in different countries (Australia, England, Pakistan, and WI) away from home in matches India has won (to Tendulkar's 2 against NZ and Bangladesh in recent years) and he stands nowhere near Tendulkar? 1,2.

Dun believe only u r not forced an opinion !!!! Tongue  of course there is... if i play 10 tesr matches n score 100 each n i wnt get out for 3-4 innings my average will be way above 100 n i will be termed  greater thn Don !!! oh yeah y not i average better !!!!

of course RD does not stand close to SRT !!!! LOL yeah Dravid has performed better at sum point tht SRT but he is not close to Sachin as a cricketer...test matches r different aspect... n in one Dayers look at RD's strike rate !!!! Tongue we aint spking abt just test matches here !!!! VVS Laxman averages more thn any Indian in 4th innings of a test match so he is better thn both SRT n RD ???? Confused Dhoni averages more thn Sachin in Odis .. he must be a better player ??? no !!!! LOL

Winning and loosing r different things... whn Tendulkar all other fall flat n India looses match..not his fault... and there r many example of such incident wr Sachin has all alone carried the innings n team has let him down... PS: Ind Aus match at Hyd recently wr India was chasing 350 !!!!!! Tongue

so u think who scores against Bangladesh or NZ  is not a good player  ??? LOL U r not limited to score against particular team or bowler.. its abt scoring everywr n against anyone.. n SRT has done better thn Dravid scoring all over the place !!!! Tongue

Keep---------------Smiling !!!! Smile

MysticalRealmSavvy

ShadowKisses IF-Dazzler
ShadowKisses
ShadowKisses

Winner of KSBKBT Debate Champtionship 2

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhinder.thind

I hope you are having good time laughing ... continue when you finish LOL

Oh had a glorious time but I'm done with this. Too much stuff coming up to argue over cricket but lol again at Bradman (of all batsmen) and Dravid being significantly lesser batsmen than Tendulkar.

Fascinating that you go for both Milan and RM as both have quite distinct playing styles and varying ideologies. RM's last encounter with Milan and Pedro Leon's last gasp equalizer (it was glorious esp. the pass from Benzema) must've sucked either way for you, I guess.

MyLoveMForeverMagixX

bhinder.thind IF-Dazzler
bhinder.thind
bhinder.thind

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 4:24am | IP Logged

Fascinating that you go for both Milan and RM as both have quite distinct playing styles and varying ideologies. RM's last encounter with Milan and Pedro Leon's last gasp equalizer (it was glorious esp. the pass from Benzema) must've sucked either way for you, I guess.

don't go this much that on a loss, I give up eating or so ROFL I hate C.Ronaldo I know hate is a big word but i do mean this ... Thats why my soft corner for Madrid getting hard a bit ... But but Chelsea been my all time fav... I love Chelsea.. I support other teams because of some players But support Chelsea as a team  ..you seems to be from spain?LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShadowKisses

serendipity. IF-Addictz
serendipity.
serendipity.

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 6:00am | IP Logged
Imran Khan! Approve

MyLoveMForeverMagixX

MysticalRealm IF-Dazzler
MysticalRealm
MysticalRealm

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 6:30am | IP Logged

@bhinder.thind: You are contradicting yourself by saying stats don't
tell the true story and simultaneously citing several of Tendulkar's
statistics (for me to infer from, I would assume). Bradman was, as I understand it, the true Colossus of the
game as he averaged 45 more runs that the players of his era. I don't think even Sachin has ever managed that over the entireity of his career.

Fact of matter is quite simple - when *I* was passionate about it and
watched it, Tendulkar ranked behind Dravid
+ Ponting for me. It may be that he played well before and after I watched but I haven't watched enough to praise or condemn him for it. I thought I outlined that clearly.

Don't particularly find your argument regarding Tendulkar and Dravid
convincing, either. SRT has the edge in ODIs (limited overs) no two ways about it but I'd easily give Dravid
the edge in Test matches. I don't know how Dravid has done in the
Twenty20 limited overs format as I haven't been following cricket piously so I can't
comment on that. However, I have seen enough of him prior to that to know he
was a rock in Test series - especially the away ones and this wasn't
just towards the supposed end of his career. He'd walk in at shit scores
like 3-2 and 6-2 and attempt to save face. I do view him as (slighlty more) invaluable to the team as Tendulkar and it will be a sad day when these two, along with Laxman, decide to retire.

Oh come on, Sachin has no weaknesses? That's bull, tbh. I'm willing to listen/read to what you have to say and have a healthy debate but overstatements like that are getting old, fast.

@tom-jerry: I'm sorry but posting stats out of context doesn't really
argue much. Tendulkar averaged 17.25 in Tests back in 2003. That was
his worst year by far. I don't really get where you are pulling
an average of 57 from. If I had to guess, it would probably have been the WC ODIs that boosted his average. Same with 2006. He had an average of 24-25 in Tests and ODIs make it look better. Ironically, 2005 when he didn't flop so badly in Tests is weighed down by poor ODI performances. While it is nothing short of amazing that he has managed to turn his career around after the debacle of 2007 WC campaign, statements like oh, he's always played well aren't necessarily true IMO.

Off to watch more footie :D

Okay so are you trying to say that Sachin sucks?? If that is basically it then why waste your time on thus big huge lecture?? Because honestly if you were to say this tobsomeone in person they will probably box you out! Are all the people who live in India STUPID??? Do they not know the game of cricket?? And if you are going to give us stats to prove your point than save the effort!! Coz man agreed a few years he did score less but that doesnt mean you have lost your skill! If I say that you did something that no human would ever do I wouldnt call you a ape now would I?? If you count his whole 22 year long carreers Average i am sure you'll be DUMBFOUNDED AND BAFFLED by the scores he has recieved in somem matches including the 200 runs!! Seriously dude you can have your opinion but trying to prove urself right by some shyt stats!!

cricketfan1Savvyhindu4lyfReal.Madridtomnjerry2

tomnjerry2 IF-Addictz
tomnjerry2
tomnjerry2

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 7:49am | IP Logged

@tom-jerry: I'm sorry but posting stats out of context doesn't really argue much. Tendulkar averaged 17.25 in Tests back in 2003. That was his worst year by far. I don't really get where you are pulling an average of 57 from. If I had to guess, it would probably have been the WC ODIs that boosted his average. Same with 2006. He had an average of 24-25 in Tests and ODIs make it look better. Ironically, 2005 when he didn't flop so badly in Tests is weighed down by poor ODI performances. While it is nothing short of amazing that he has managed to turn his career around after the debacle of 2007 WC campaign, statements like oh, he's always played well aren't necessarily true IMO.

Off to watch more footie  :D

A poor run does nto affect ur position by any means whn ur career average is keep growing !!!! LOL 

If u dunno Sachin used to hav an average of 52-53 two three years ago whr as RD had almost 58 !!!! Tongue its all abt consistency.... n its not easy to grow ur career average after playing so many testes unless u sumthing out of the world by 4-5 runs an innngs !!!! Tongue Both Punter n Dravid r having bad times in test cricket for 2-3 years now... n i dun think sachin played enof tests during tht phase ....!!!! Tongue

Did i say he always play well... ?? ??  2007 debacle... wr we played just 3 matches n lost two... so ?? we will leave playing once we lost a series ??? if thts so sachin would hav left playing in the  90's whn India used to loose every now n thn !!! LOL 

Keep----------------Smiling !!!!! Smile

MysticalRealmhindu4lyfSavvy-Doppelganger-Real.Madrid

Go to top