Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

*Katrina Kaif Heaven*-Contest PG 2*-Vote*PG 140* (Page 30)

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 9:50am | IP Logged

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan shot cancelled

Crowds cause cancellation of Imran and Katrina's Karghar shoot

Imran Khan and Katrina Kaif were to shoot an important scene for their film Mere Brother Ki Dulhan at Kharghar in Navi Mumbai.

The sequence required the two to sit in a car and drive it from a certain point and then come to a halt.

However, even a simple thing like this was rendered impossible due to the hordes of college students that had gathered to watch the two.

A source reveals, "The stars were told that the sequence wouldn't take too long to shoot. The reason they decided to shoot in Navi Mumbai is so they wouldn't face any problems with the crowds or get mobbed.

Unlike other parts of the city, Navi Mumbai was a safer bet. However, little did they know that most of the engineering colleges are located around Kharghar.

When news of the shooting spread, students from all around thronged the set."

Even though there was security to handle the situation, it was a huge task to continue shooting. "Everytime the car would come to a halt and they were to have dialogues the crowds would start whistling and shouting.

It became close to impossible to continue shooting. They tried getting it right for two consecutive days but it didn't help."

They even tried to keep moving the location a bit further down the road to see if the crowd would recede. But it didn't help and they had to finally cancel the shoot.

Imran confirms, "We continuously kept moving from one place to another to ward off people but that only made them chase us more.

All we did for two days was sit in the car!" Since they haven't been able to shoot the scene yet, the unit plans to either do it at Film City or find a different location.

-mid-day

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RanKat-rox

mariasrk IF-Sizzlerz
mariasrk
mariasrk

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 9:53am | IP Logged
NAHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 9:54am | IP Logged
WOAH! That sucks :frown
mariasrk IF-Sizzlerz
mariasrk
mariasrk

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 9:59am | IP Logged
AGREE yaar
i cant see happening
-prabz- IF-Sizzlerz
-prabz-
-prabz-

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Thanks for posting Kat looks Stunning...

and stupid college People getting in the way..
-prabz- IF-Sizzlerz
-prabz-
-prabz-

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 10:25am | IP Logged

Katrina finds mistakes in item track 'Sheila'!

Actress Katrina Kaif is all set to judge an online dance competition by Etihad Airways. On being asked how she rates herself as a dancer, the actress replied, "I don't consider myself a great dancer but I'm a passionate one. Though people say Shiela Ki Jawani was good but when I watched the sequence for the first time, I pointed out five mistakes to Farah that I could have avoided," said Katrina.

Katrina also named her favourite dancers in Bollywood. Two actors that she admires as dancers are Hrithik Roshan and Shilpa Shetty. "How can I forget to mention Helen aunty! She is a versatile dancer and her dance has such an impact that whenever I see her dancing, I want time to get still. She has taken dance to a completely different level of perfection and I really admire her."

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mohitsanaya4evrRanKat-roxKhaLidaHKatalicious

-prabz- IF-Sizzlerz
-prabz-
-prabz-

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 10:28am | IP Logged

Katrina Kaif masters the art of handling rumours!

Barbie doll Katrina Kaif smartly handles the rumours about her personal lifethat pops up every now and then.

katrina-kaif-masters-the-art-of-handling-rumours

Rumours have become a part and parcel of every star's life and Katrina is no exception either. She tactfully handles to avoid getting into a controversy.

The recent rumour that popped up in her life was related to Ranbir Kapoor's presence at her residence during the IT raid.

She stated "I don't know from where these rumours emanate. I pray to god that such things should stop. I try to concentrate on my work but these things really amuse me."

The actress said further, "All of us in the film industry are so busy that we don't have time to concentrate on such reports."

She also revealed that she got a clean chit from the income tax department.

She added "I guess they're just doing their job and I've a clean chit now. They've every right to find out about things they doubt and I tried my best to cooperate with them."

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mohitsanaya4evrRanKat-roxKhaLidaHKatalicious

-prabz- IF-Sizzlerz
-prabz-
-prabz-

Posted: 04 February 2011 at 10:30am | IP Logged

Kaif kicks off online dance contest

NEW DELHI // The belle of Bollywood, whose latest dance in the film Tees Maar Khan caught the eyes of the public and critics alike, launched a worldwide online Bollywood dance competition yesterday.

In addition to hosting the opening of Next Stop Bollywood, the statuesque Katrina Kaif will also judge the finalists, and have lunch with the contest's winner.

The competition is open to dancers from anywhere in the world, preferably with a flair for Bollywood-esque routines. Entrants submit their videos online for the web-based contest.

Kaif said she was looking forward to sharing her "experience with Bollywood fans and aspiring dancers. ... [The contest] hopes to attract and promote new talent".

Dressed in a white, strapless cocktail dress with an embellished neckline by the Indian designer Monisha Jaising, Kaif also said she is looking forward to watching the videos and discovering talent.

"There are far better dancers than me. A competition like this opens your eyes to how much phenomenal talent is out there," she said. "It is exciting to see that."

The competition will tap into Indian communities abroad as well. Bollywood dance, a mix of classical dance and Western-style choreography, is as unique to India as the industry itself, which is the world's largest producer of films.

Kaif's recent number Sheela ki jawani (Sheela's youth) was declared the Bollywood "item number of the year", meaning a song and dance that is as popular with the rural radio stations as it is with the dance clubs.

"I think [Bollywood numbers] are women-centric, glamorous, high-voltage, high-energy impact songs where it is about the woman. And I love the chance to create a dance out of a blank canvas," said Kaif, who lists the Bollywood stars Hrithik Roshan and Shilpa Shetty as her favourite dancers in the industry today.

The competition, sponsored by Etihad Airways, for whom Kaif is a spokeswoman, has created a dedicated site on Facebook, where contenders can upload videos. The music to be used for the videos will be posted on the Facebook site.

An existing one-minute Etihad promotional music video, directed by the choreographer Farah Khan, stars Kaif. It shows the star going into a typical Bollywood dream sequence, and dancing along with back-up passengers in a first-class Etihad lounge.

The video has been a sensation on the internet, with more than 100,000 hits, and was the subject of more than 1 million Google searches.

Competitors will have a chance to reinterpret the music in the video, said Andrew Ward, Etihad's vice president of marketing.

"This is a talent show with a difference," Mr Ward said.

"We are taking inspiration from one of the best dancers," he said, referring to Kaif. "The judges will be the public."

Viewers will be asked to vote online for the video they like the best. They will have a chance to learn the secrets of her Bollywood success.

Ten videos will be short-listed.Five of the 10 short-listed semi-finalists will be flown to Bollywood to learn Kaif's "Bollywood secrets", Mr Ward said. Later, the reigning dance queen of Bollywood will announce three finalists, before the winner is chosen on May 20.

In addition to having lunch with Kaif, the winner will receive US$5,000 (Dh18,362), two Pearl business-class tickets on Etihad Airways to any of the airline's 65 destinations, and five nights in a five-star hotel.

The second-prize winner will receive two Pearl business-class tickets; the third runner-up will get two Coral economy-class tickets.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RanKat-roxKatalicious

Go to top