AN FF: Destiny's Wish [Ch.1 Pg.1]

..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Naina here for those of you who don't know me! So, after a lot of threats and blackmailing, I've finally decided to post this story [here's to you Sheena<3] It's going to be a very short story and I'm actually hoping to finish this within 2 weeks, shocking to those who know me!

I hope you all like it!

Cheers!

~Naina

*Credit for the Title goes to  Macho_Muffin...thanks girl!*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Destiny's Wish:

Chapter 1:

"Abhi, stop arguing with me. You know that what I said is true. You have to get back to work. Life doesn't stop for anything, everyone has to keep moving on." She put a hand on his shoulder, giving it a light squeeze and he simply turned around and hugged her, tears streaming down his eyes.

"This wasn't supposed to happen. We were supposed to live happily ever after with 4 kids, a dog, a little house in the country with a pool. That's what we wanted" he cried. "We were supposed to be there for each other, all the time. She wasn't supposed to leave me like this."

Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes momentarily, not knowing how to calm her best friend down, not knowing how to console him, remove the pain, the anguish that he was suffering through. All because of her.

Abhi sat by the side of Riya and Rohan's bed, watching as they slept peacefully. Ever since Jia had passed away two months ago, in that gruesomely horrific accident, he had taken care of his two four year olds all by himself, not trusting anyone else completely with the most precious people in his life.

Jia had been pregnant, pregnant with their second set of children, twins again. Abhi couldn't have been happier when he found out the news. Their family would now be complete. She was on her way to the airport, going to visit her parents one last time before the new babies came by. And if it wasn't for that drunk driver, that man who was completely intoxicated when he decided to drive, that man that made such a stupid decision, Abhi's family would be complete. Abhimanyu and Jia Modi with their four children.

But unfortunately, that wasn't meant to be. The two cars had crashed and Jia's car swirled over and fell right into the ditch on the side of the road. The impact from this collision caused her severe injuries, two major blows to the head, cuts and scratches all over her arms and legs, broken bones. She was lying limp in the car by the time he got there. And was declared dead on the spot.

In that one second, that one second of that accident, Abhi had lost his family.

No matter what she kept telling him about Riya and Rohan still being there, Abhi knew that it would never be the same.

Nikita Malhotra. 27 years old. Recently divorced single mother. Desperately in need of a job.

"Nikki! Wow! I can't believe it's really you!" Riddhima yelled out as she saw her best friend from high school standing in front of her. Giving her a quick hug, she pulled her into the cafe at the hospital and the two took their seats in the corner of the cafeteria, away from all the prying eyes near the window.

"Nikki. Wow. How are you? It's been forever" Riddhima smiled as she looked at her friend. She had definitely changed in the past eight years. Her hair longer, her cheeks much more defined as her eyes were outlined by dark circles, definitely not the same bubbly and cheerful girl that she had known back in high school.

"Well Ridzy, everything's all good, or well the best it can be now. I got divorced recently, and well I decided it was time to move back here, back to my hometown to hopefully start again, away from him" she replied back, a serene look on her face. "I hope you don't mind that I came here, you see everything seems so different from what it used to be" she smiled softly.

Riddhima smiled reassuringly, "Of course it's no problem that you came here. We were best friends back then, and well we just got busy and lost touch, but that doesn't mean I forgot about you!"

And soon enough, the two were talking again, no awkwardness, no nothing, as Riddhima reassured Nikki that she would help her rebuild her life in any way she possibly could.

Edited by Naina2127 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
aha!
yea sheena! whoo!! take that!