Other Star One Shows

Karan Wahi's tantrums cost him a role to die for

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Karan Wahi's tantrums cost him a role to die for

The chocolate boy demands unreasonably. BT gets you the real story

Neha Maheshwri 

Karan Wahi who had almost bagged the male lead in a show loosely inspired by the blockbuster Jab We Met and aptly conceptualised by acclaimed director Imtiaz Ali, has lost out on the coveted role due to his starry tantrums. Even before the show could transform the actor into Shahid Kapur of Indian television, Wahi started acting pricey and giving a tough time to the producer. If sources are to be believed, Karan had put some strange demands across, during the initial discussions. After quoting an exorbitant fee for the show, he declared that he will work only for limited hours a day and also will not give a day extra beyond the agreement. He also refused to sign the exclusive contract with the channel. Apparently, Karan would fix appointments for script narration but never come for it. 
    Informs a source from the production house associated with shows like Bhagyavidhaata and Apno ke liye Geeta ka Dharmyudh, "We have had great difficulty handling Karan's unreasonable tantrums. He would fix appointments with us for script discussions but never appeared for the same. He would ignore our calls but instead would ask his driver to call and inform us about his unavailability for the scheduled meetings. Karan didn't come for the look test which was meant to check his chemistry quotient with the protagonist. We agreed to his insane fee demand but then he was becoming too tough to manage. We have finally got rid of him from the show." 
    Wahi on the other hand accused the production house of misquoting him to the channel. "Initially, I ignored it all but things continued and the production house kept misleading the channel people by saying nasty things on my behalf that I had not even told them. I would have still worked on the show but if things were so weird even before the show took off, the future would only be worse." 
    Watch out this space to know who gets lucky after Wahi's exit.

UNABASHED BY THE LOSS: Karan Wahi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 years ago
Hmm Why i think i should believe KW instead of dis media ppl's artical....
anyway..i'd like to see him some gud show & shoehow im happy dat he's not a part of "JWM" remake..honestly d TV version is totally a -👎🏼