Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mehruhgt thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey welcome bubli........and nice siggies .....:) cont posting more...and have fun here

and tabu thanks for the article ..........ght pix n house just awesome .......
brinda_ght thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: bubli1234

btw ive lost most f my pic collection

wud love it if u cud gv me sum links to hg pic galleries so tht i can use the pics to make more sigs

hey dr check pervious pages u will get many pics of HG....do continue making more siggies n wedding siggie is very nice
adeela thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: tabu31noor

GAURI & HITEN TEJWANI
[24 Feb 2011]

Actor Gauri and Hiten Tejwani's Versova residence reflects the chic and classic tastes of the couple.

Gauri Pradhan and Hiten Tejwani of Kutumb and Nach Baliye fame are known as one of the loveliest and truly-in-love couples of Indian television. And just like this on-screen image, off-screen too the couple's home at Versova in Mumbai reflects a loving ambience ' classical European Victorian style of design combined with modern day decor. Indeed, the 1,550 sq. ft. fourth floor home has an interesting ensemble of interior settings that replicates the couple's chic and classic tastes in making their home stand out as an abode of love, care, warmth and comforts.

The difference is evident from the word go ' the main door opens into the beautiful drawing-cum-dining area with an offshoot, a lotus metal screen that provides privacy. With lovely wooden floor dominating the setting of the interiors, one is taken to the Victorian era with louvres being used in windows, wardrobes doors and classic ensemble of wooden furniture to create various interesting settings. An old-styled high-raised wooden side table placed at the entrance complements the huge mirror. A lamp fixed on the right wall by the side of the door gels well with the rest of the decor. The sprawling drawing cum dining area looks grand because of the wooden flooring, which adds depth and provides warmth to the whole ambience.

While the dining area has been kept to the minimum with required seating of four, the space looks chic and artistic. An ancient-looking wooden wall cabinet holds various porcelain dishes and knick-knacks required during dining. A lovely candle stand hangs from the roof right at the centre of the dining table to create a romantic dining experience as and when the couple desires. Gauri explains, "I love fuss-free arrangements and was very particular while designing the house." The well-equipped modern kitchen is close to the dining area and ensures perfect serving.

The aesthetically designed drawing area designed all aesthetic has a huge wooden sofa with colourful cushions. The highlight of this area is the lovely wood and glass windows with louvres that remind one of the era gone by. These open to the greenery of the balcony. A huge hanging lamp creates a dramatic effect in the evening! Lovely silky curtains draped around the window are well-matched to create an indelible effect. The sitting arrangements are cosy and comfortable around the low-height centre table made of glass placed on four well-crafted sculpted wooden pillars. A huge Buddha painting on the wall makes a serene statement to the formal setting. A lovely antique table lamp stands tall behind the wooden sofa. A lovely Buddha bust placed on the wooden wall unit below the huge plasma TV completes the picture of the drawing area.

From the dining area, a passage leads to the magnificent bar, the den-cum-guest bedroom and children and master bedrooms. The bar area spellbinds one with its rustic countryside look. Here there are two high-raised wooden bar stools and the high bar counter designed to look as if it has been made of pieces of wood stacked one above the other. The top of the counter has a beautiful sculpted painting of Santorini ' the volcanic island of Greece. To complement the scenic landscape of Santorini island, a white wall unit with a beautiful arch holding an array of books and novels is placed. It reflects the couple's love for reading. By the side of the wall unit, two lovely masks make a statement of their own while raising the appeal of the cute lamp at the foot. A sliding door in rich natural wood with louvres at the bottom portion and glass provide privacy to the lounge den-cum-guest bedroom.

The rich decor in golden hues and wood lending warmth and depth appears to be very cosy overall. The fine finish of one of the side walls has a theme of flower in golden, while the other wall has been designed in rustic raw bricks in white for creating the added effect of Santorini landscape. The huge and cosy diwan is meant for lovely leisure lounging sessions. To add drama to the ambience, a splash of colours is provided with lovely cushions in red, maroon and Buddha motif. The interiors are accentuated by the church look that has been designed to provide a frame to the mirror. In the right places, family pictures have been placed on the walls and side table unit.

The cute twins' (a boy and a girl) room has been designed in lovely pink and off-white to appeal to the toddlers. The huge wooden children's bed is splashed with soft colourful pillows and soft toys. Sparkling stars on walls complete the picture of the simple children's area. The master bedroom by the side of the children's room has a lovely walk-in wardrobe area and sophisticated bathroom fitted with all modern fittings, spic and span! The huge poster bed for the couple looks grand and full of comfort. The master bedroom has been kept very simple and functional. There is a wall unit by the side of the bed which holds books and picture frames and other essentials and an arresting painting on the raw white brick wall on the other side adds a dramatic element to the whole interiors. One thing noteworthy in the star couple's home is the lighting. Gauri discloses, "I love the yellow lighting and hence we have provided both (white) to suit the needs and occasion. Everything that has been designed is what I had envisioned when we shifted to this place. I love things which are classic and chic." Of course, the lovely lady of the house is happy and so is the loving husband with the adorable couple's beautiful abode, built with love and care!

Text: Johnny D; Photographs: Akshay Kulkarni

-- arul

thanks for  the lovely article tabu.
iluvhgt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanxxxxxxxx for the article tabu. this mag coverage is better than femina. their house is soooooooo beautiful and tastefully done.

btw hw r ur exams gng on?
Edited by iluvhgt - 13 years ago
iluvhgt thumbnail
Originally posted by: brindamarfatia

haaaaaaaa i have send her PM also of how to bring GAURI opp HITEN i hope she considers it

its gr88 swapnaji visited if, she surely must hav read all r posts 2 bring gauri in rbo. really hope she listens 2 us.
Mehruhgt thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
hey yeah pmed swapna for gauri entry hope she listen....
brinda_ght thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

hey mehru u got my pm na

iluvhgt thumbnail
Originally posted by: bubli1234

here is one more

welcome 2 hgt fc bubli. im nandini.
all ur siggies r very well made. b active on the forum.
adeela thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: brindamarfatia

haaaaaaaa i have send her PM also of how to bring GAURI opp HITEN i hope she considers it

I have also sent her pm.
hope she accepts our request.
Vrindz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ya i agree th photos of this mag r much better....the photos r taken in a better way + they managed to get HG pic 2gthr....thats like cherry on da cake..