jnawaz thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
hey guys...how are you all doing...been a while since i did an OS...but...actually...i had this one done a loooong time ago...think last year september-ish..dont know why but i never posted it...so im doing so now.....hope you all like it...it was actually an idea that i got from a co-worker...so...yeah...cant wait to see your thoughts 😃😃

My Mishti

"Sweetheart, I'm home!" Maan called as he entered through the front door of his house.

He placed his briefcase down on the sofa, threw his keys, walled and cell phone on the coffee table in the living room and he already began taking off his tie.

"Mishti?" he called out again when he hadn't gotten any response.

Suddenly he heard the patter of feet racing down the halls, a smile already spread across his face. He heard them before he saw them.

"Papa!" came the call from the hall.

Within seconds two small bodies were hurtling themselves into Maan's already open arms. All it took were hugs like these from his children to make the entire day disappear.

"Hello my babies," Maan said as he kissed each on the top of their heads.

"Papa, I'm not a baby," Rahul, his 6 year old son said. "I'm a first grader!"

With that he took out his PSP game and walked off to the couch, putting his feet up on it.

Standing up, Maan looked down at his 3 year old daughter, Kushi. He put his hands on his hips and raised one eyebrow at her.

Kushi smiled, and said, "Me still baby Papa."

Then she raised her hands to be picked up.

Maan couldn't help but chuckle as he lifted his little princess into his arms and kissed her cheek.

"Where is Mamma?" he asked.

"Right here," came a call.

Turning around Maan was greeted by the smiling face of his wife, Geet. She was the poster child for stay-at-home mom. Her hair was clipped on top of her head, she wore fuzzy slippers on her feet and in one hand she held a spatula. One look at her and you'd never guess she was a hospital administrator – all business and very little play when it came to work. She came up to him, put her free hand on his chest, leaned in and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Welcome home," she said in his ear.

Maan let out a very loud sigh.

"Rahul, feet down please," Geet called, over her shoulder.

Rahul didn't budge.

"Rahul, feet down," she said again.

Still no response from Rahul.

"Rahul," Maan said once in his deep voice.

Instantly, the feet were down.

"So, how was your day?" Geet asked.

As Maan told her about the horrid client he had come in that afternoon, he didn't pay attention to Geet going around the living room, cleaning up the mess he'd just made. She put his keys and wallet in the designated bowl by the small table by the door. She took his phone and hooked it up to the charger by the small desk in the living room. She took his briefcase and tie with her as she followed him upstairs. Once on the second level of their home, she first put his briefcase in the study, and then joined him in their bedroom where she hung his tie. As Maan took off his shirt and headed to the bathroom, Geet laid out a pair of casual kaki pants and a white polo for him to wear. By the time he had gotten out of the shower, Geet was already gone.

As he made his way downstairs to the kitchen, he saw Geet had changed, like she always did. It was her rule, dinner time was family time. Everyone was clean and dressed nicely so they could enjoy at least one meal together. This night she was dressed in a light pink churidar suit with silver trimming. As badass as she was in the board room, she was a typical desi girl at heart – one of the things Maan loved about her.

Maan approached her from behind and hugged her, causing her to gasp out of surprise. He took in a good whiff of lavender shampoo.

"I missed you," he said as he moved her hair and kissed the back of her neck.

"Hmm…me too," Geet said.

Before anyone could do anything, Maan's cell phone shrilled to life. He ignored it at first but when the person called back again and again – and again – he had to answer.

"Technology is my enemy," he grumbled as he went to get his phone.

"Pagal," Geet said as she giggled and stirred the pot.

Just as he was leaving, Kushi, now dressed in a red and white flowered outfit, called out to Geet.

"Mamma, me wanna help," she said.

"Aaja," Geet said.

While Maan was on the phone, he heard Geet call out once to Rahul.

"Rahul beta, go wash up, dinner is almost ready," she'd said.

"Later," Rahul called back.

Maan frowned at Rahul's response but didn't say anything as be became engrossed on his phone call. About 10 minutes later, when he was finally done, he entered the kitchen again. This time, Rahul sat at the dinner table, swinging his legs back and forth as they hung from the chair. Meanwhile, Kushi sat on the marble top island with a container of salt, while Geet stood and shredded cucumbers.

"Just a pinch," Geet said.

"Like this Mamma?" Kushi asked as she took a small pinch of salt and added it to the yogurt in the bowl next to her.

"Perfect," Geet said as she pinched Kushi's nose with her fingers causing Kushi to giggle.

He stood for a moment amazed at his amazing life, all thanks to Geet. She'd originally been engaged to his younger brother Dev. Dev and Geet had meet in college and "instantly fell in love". Maan knew exactly how Dev got a girl like Geet to fall for him – flirting, attention and charm. Like any other girl, who just wanted a little acknowledgement and praise, Geet had fallen for Dev's boyish charm. When Dev and announced Geet had accepted the proposal to marry him, Dadi had been over the moon. Maan had always liked Geet, she was a wonderful girl, and he didn't want to see her hurt by Dev. But, he'd hoped against hope that Dev wouldn't screw this up. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Two days before the wedding Dev left. In a letter he simply wrote he couldn't go though with the wedding.

After seeing Geet cry for his useless brother, Maan decided to get to the bottom of things. He found out through one of Dev's class mates, Adi, that the only reason Dev wanted to marry Geet was to get physical with her. Adi said that Dev was frustrated at the fact that Geet wouldn't "give it up" to him after her proposed. Maan knew Geet, she was a traditional girl, someone who valued her self-respect and her virtue – he expected nothing less from her. He also knew Dev, who didn't value or respect anything or anyone – he expected nothing more.

The families had been devastated, Geet had been humiliated. This is when Dadi stepped in and asked for Geet's hand in marriage for Maan. After initial hesitation, Maan and Geet both consented because it was the best solution, and because they became friends over the time that Geet dated Dev.

That's how their life began. Eight years later – after two established careers, after countless late nights, after fights, after makeup's and after two beautiful children – their love only grew with every passing second.

This woman, his wife, his Geet, his Mishti, amazed him. She'd turned into a wonderful friend, a caring wife, a passionate lover and a strong business woman. But what had him bowled over was her as a mother. He was amazed by her during her pregnancies and during the birth of his children. He was amazed at her strength, her courage, her determination and her unconditional love. There wasn't a moment that he looked at her and didn't think, 'God, she is special.'

Coming out of his day dream, he joined his girls in the kitchen just as Geet called, "Rahul, get cleaned up for dinner."

"Ok," Rahul called back, but didn't even attempt to get up.

"What's for dinner?" Maan asked as he peaked into the pots.

"Chawal, chicken curry, raita and and…" Kushi answered but trailed off. She looked towards Geet for help.

"And paneer tikka masala," Geet added.

"Ya! paner tika masla," Kushi repeated.

Both Maan and Geet chuckled quietly at Kushi's pronunciation.

"Why don't you help Papa set up the table," Geet asked as she lifted Kushi and put her on the floor.

"Is that a hint that I better get to work?" Maan asked with a wink.

"If you want to sleep on the couch, you don't have to do anything. However, if you want to sleep in our bed…you better get to work," she said with a wicked smile.

Maan sighed as he went to the cabinet and pulled out plates. He opened the drawer and grabbed spoons and forks which he placed on top of the plates. He grabbed the cloth napkins and handed those to Kushi. Maan listened intently at Kushi as she told him all about her day at daycare – something about The Powerpuff Girls.

Soon Geet joined them and placed a bowl of rice and the curry chicken on the table. She was going to get the other things when she saw Rahul still not washed up.

"Rahul, I won't tell you again, put your PSP away and go get cleaned up," Geet said.

"Ok, gosh," Rahul said, but again, didn't even attempt to get up.

"Rahul, I mean it," Geet warned as she walked away to the stove.

"Whatever," Rahul said, and focused on his game again.

Geet hadn't heard it because she was out of ear shot, but this response didn't go unnoticed by Maan. Quietly he lifted Kushi and put her in her chair.

"Don't go anywhere, ok baby," Maan said, placing a kiss on top of her head.

"K Papa," Kushi said as she sat happily dangling her feet and chewing on a slice of cucumber.

Then, calmly he said to Rahul, "Come on young man, we have to talk."

Maan didn't give Rahul an opportunity to answer; he simply grabbed his hand and pulled him to his feet.

"Where are you two going?" Geet asked as she pulled out milk from the fridge. "Dinner is ready."

"Man to man talk. We'll be back in 5 minutes. Promise," he said as he looked at Geet and winked.

Kushi look at Geet with a confused look.

Geet simply shrugged her shoulder and said, "You and I can do some girl talk."

Kushi clapped her hand excitedly.

Outside, Maan took Rahul to the porch and sat with him on the stairs that let to the back yard. From where they sat, they could see into the kitchen where Geet talked animatedly with Kushi.

Maan looked at them for a while before he spoke.

"You see that woman in there?" he asked.

"Who, Mamma?" Rahul asked.

Maan shook his head in the affirmative.

"That's my wife…my Mishti," he said. "Do you know how much I love her?'

"A…a lot," Rahul answered.

"That's right," Maan said. "Probably even more than a lot. She is the love of my life. She is someone I respect, someone I trust and someone I care deeply about. And I will not tolerate anyone…anyone…being disrespectful to her. Got that…" he said.

"Umm…yes…" Rahul said a bit confused.

"You're Mamma does a lot for me, you and Kushi, Rahul, she deserves the same respect and love that you give me. Why do you listen to what I say right away, but not what your Mamma says?" Maan asked.

Rahul looked down and simply shrugged.

When Maan didn't speak, he answered. "Well, Eric said that girls are stupid and useless and weak."

Maan's anger instantly multiplied.

"Well, first of all, you stay away from Eric and if he says anything like that again, tell him your Papa is gonna kick his butt," Maan said. "And second of all, that is not true. Girls are much more stronger, smarter and loving than boys."

"Really?" Rahul asked.

"Yes," Maan said. "They may not be as strong here," he said as he pointed to his bicep. "But, they are a thousand times stronger here," he pointed to his head, "…and here," he pointed to he Rahul's heart.

"Really?" Rahul asked again.

"Yes, really," Maan said. "Now, you are going to go inside and apologize to you Mamma ok? You are going to say sorry for being so rude and mean."

Rahul silently shook his head. Maan got to his feet as did Rahul. Instead of going up the stairs, Rahul went down into the garden. From there he carefully picked a yellow rose. Maan simply watched and smiled.

"Ready?" Maan asked.

"Yes," Rahul said.

He was about to open the door but stopped.

"Umm…lets not tell your mom about the part where I said I'd kick Eric's butt. It will be our secret. OK?" Maan asked as he held out his fist.

"Ok!" Rahul said as he bumped his small fist against his fathers.

"But why, are you scared of Mamma?" Rahul asked.

"God yes!" Maan said. "She can make me sleep on the sofa."

"But, you're the man of the house, you can't sleep there. Can Mamma really make you?" Rahul asked, amazed.

"Uh huh," Maan said as he shook his head.

"Wow," Rahul said, "girls really are strong."

"Oh you have no idea beta," Maan said as the entered the kitchen again.

This time the dinner table was completely set – setting done, food out, drinks poured. Geet stood dancing with a giggling Kushi on her feet.

"Mamma," Rahul called.

Geet stopped dancing and turned around.

Kushi jumped off of Geet's feet and rushed over to Maan who took her into his arms.

Rahul looked to the floor and didn't look at her. She turned back to Maan for an answer but he simply smiled.

"I'm sorry for being so rude and mean Mamma. I promise not to do it again," Rahul said.

Geet was speechless.

Rahul looked up at her with teary eyes, "You still love me…right?"

"Oh baby," Geet said as she kneeled down, "I'll always love you."

She placed a kiss on his cheek as she hugged him.

"I'll go get cleaned up now," he said when the hug broke.

He was walking out of the kitchen when he stopped and ran back.

"This is for you Mamma." Rahul held out the solitary rose.

Now it was Geet whose eyes were teary.

As Rahul rushed off, Geet looked at the rose and then to Maan. She didn't have to speak for Maan to understand what she was thinking.

He put Kushi down on the floor.

"Just a little man to man talk, no biggie," he said as he walked over to her and put an arm around her shoulder.

Geet sank into his hold and said "Thank you," before rising to her feet and kissing him on the lips.

"Kissy wissy," Kushi giggled as she clapped her hands in excitement.

"Kissy wissy!" Maan repeated as he lifted Kushi into his arms, tickled her and showered her with kisses.

Five minutes later Rahul returned. His face lit up when he saw his flower resting in a small crystal vase on the table. He quietly took his seat at the table and dug into his food.

Geet watched him eat, amazed. She ran a loving hand over his head and smiled at him while he did the same. Maan, took her hand into his, lifted it up to his lips and placed a kiss right where her wedding band rested.

She was his wife, she was his queen, she was his Geet. No one, not even his own son, could get away with disrespecting her. Yup, she was his wife, his queen…she was his Geet…she was his Mishti.

JAZ
Edited by jnawaz - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Guli* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Omg me here!! dude 2/2 im on a roll today!!!

dude i loved this!!!!😳😳😳 aww it was sweet and simple!!!!😳😳 i love the way how u wrote it!!!!

and the talk with Maan had with Rahul.... dude i was waiting im like this boy is sooo rude!! he needs some manners...... thank god or else i wouldve been like discipline 101 classes is very much needed here!!!!😆😆😆

awww.... this was cute!! see... u should write more happy preppy things like this!!!... its enjoyable!!😆😆😆

luv u babeji!!😳
Edited by *Guli* - 13 years ago
sanu3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
jaz,

that was sooooo adorable ....   thanks alot hun!

love
Sana

Edited by sindu555 - 13 years ago
maaneet93 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
awwww that was sooo cute :D

are u going to continue?!?!? or just a os??!?!?!?!? 
shah10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow..that was supreb..
love maan n rahul talks.
thank u.
mrk-1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
loved it yaar..awsome one ...the way maan talked to rahul was so sweet..
realraul2307 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Haaaaaayyyyyyyeeeeeee.........so sweet.....👏
raman1921 thumbnail
Awsome yaar humesha ki tarah i Loved it Khushi is so cute and that rahul ya he deffinately needed a lesson from dad he was too rude glad mann gave him a little lesson and geet was happy his misthi was happy that how mann knew rahul behaviour would bother her......

Raman
Aarthi_01 thumbnail
jazie was missing ur One shots lately... loved it ... it was cute..
punjabi.princes thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
omg i just loved this OS.. it was amazing
can we expect a 2nd part?! plzzz:)