India-Forums

Joint Family vs Nuclear Family --Your thoughts ? (Page 3)

Isha.Isha IF-Rockerz
Isha.Isha
Isha.Isha

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 11:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sbanik

Thanks a lot Isha Smile
 Yes, I totally agree with you. Even I liked their  joint-yet-nuclear family setup. 

I havent come across a single joint family where all are adjusting in nature. A very rare thing to find indeed.

I have come across both joint and nuclear families - happy ones.
As Maya said it is indeed to each his own.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha25-TheDilettanteaxeion

axeion IF-Sizzlerz
axeion
axeion

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Very well said, Maya *thumbs up*

Wish the show was on weekends, and I could participate actively... Weekdays hardly give me any time to type up more than a line or two Ouch

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

roshniiTheDilettanteIsha.Isha

Shizaru Goldie
Shizaru
Shizaru

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
Def each to their own and what suits each family's needs according to different factors! Personally I've done both and prefer the hustle and bustle of a houseful...I much preferred living with my MIL there was always a comfort of an elder persons pyar dular and wisdom...which I believe the more modern generation sees as interference! As long as everyone is given their mental and physical space and evryone from elders to youngsters respect each other....a joint family for me is my ideal choice :) each to their own though we all have our choices dependant on lifestyle :)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha25-RasnyIsha.Ishaaxeion-naureen786-

Rasny IF-Rockerz
Rasny
Rasny

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
Nice post Arjun...i'll drop my VOP soonWink
HaHaHeHe-Hupp IF-Sizzlerz
HaHaHeHe-Hupp
HaHaHeHe-Hupp

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
I find nuclear family better. Like peace!
amy22 IF-Rockerz
amy22
amy22

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Joint families are a pain in the ass!! Every single moment other see what you are doing, you are under scrutiny of others 24/7, if you have a more money than others, they constantly are pissed that you can afford things and they can't. Such things ruin the relationship; on the other hand if you live far away or only see each other on special occasions, it's so much easier to be nice.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rasny

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 30 January 2011 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
no joint families for me; had a forgettable experience living in one Wacko I've lived in a joint family for 6 years of my life, and while we had our moments, it simply didn't work for me on the whole. no space, no freedom, no transparency (too much inter-relationship secrecy) and too much subtle friction between people to not notice. we hardly knew each other. I was closest to my grandmother and my dad and pretty much stuck to them, but whenever I was put in a situation where I had no choice but to get along with my aunts and uncles, that's when I felt screwed to the core LOL

I'm much happier and saner now. I'm still in touch with everyone and routinely visit them during my holidays and festivals, and I'd like to keep it that way. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha25-.Arjunamy22Rasny

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Maa Exchange Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index