India-Forums

Joint Family vs Nuclear Family --Your thoughts ?

.Arjun IF-Rockerz

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

roshnii-Sneha25-pooja.s92RasnyIsha.IshaaxeionAutumn.Howlarious

axeion IF-Sizzlerz
axeion
axeion

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
This argument is so similar to "Living Alone vs Living with Family" Confused Will post more later... Good topic Arjun Thumbs Up

Edited by axeion - 27 January 2011 at 8:26pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha25-.ArjunRasnyIsha.Isha

-Sneha25- IF-Dazzler
-Sneha25-
-Sneha25-

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Nice topic Arjun..Clap

Will comment aramse...
-Sneha25- IF-Dazzler
-Sneha25-
-Sneha25-

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 12:04am | IP Logged
My 2 cents on JF VS NF

Joint Family

Pros : You will have a family to help you whenever in need. For eg. if there is a working couple with small kids in the family, there will be people at home taking care of children. So you don't have to rely on caretakers thus saving the expenses too.

Since there are many people in the house, the house chore duties can be delegated, so that it wont be tiring for single person and also will save domestic help expenses. (I know I am too worried about savings LOL but cant helpSmile)

Lastly, emotionally, its a very nice feeling that you have a big family around and also for moral support whenever you need it.

Cons : Conflict of interests with family members with traditional mindset defintiely leads to tensed atmosphere though not often.

Secondly, Your freedom is definitely restricted in joint families.

Lastly, Intrusion of privacy. Some people like to keep their lives as private as possible. So constant nagging from other family members becomes very irritating.

Nuclear Family

Pros : The biggest advantage is freedom, Yeah, you can have things in ur own way. One does not have to make big adjustments and sacrifices.

Cons : One has to rely on maids for maintaining household. And it becomes more difficult when both husband and wife are working. And with small kids around one has to depend on nannies. I personally don't like the idea of leaving ur kids with nanny as I don't trust people easily. 

Conclusion

With little adjustments from both sides and giving enough space to each other the concept of joint family can very well be worked out. If the above condition is fulfilled, then I don't mind preferring joint family(not the overcrowded one for sure), else Nuclear family is a safe bet which obviously comes with lot of responsibilities and dependence.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

prattsroshniipooja.s92RasnyIsha.Isha.ArjunaxeionHowlarious

kananya Newbie
kananya
kananya

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 4:56am | IP Logged

If the individuals concerned give enough space and respect to each other, then joint family is good. Otherwise even with a few inconveniences, for me, a nuclear family is always preferable.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha25-RasnyIsha.Isha

Isha.Isha IF-Rockerz
Isha.Isha
Isha.Isha

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 7:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sbanik

Conclusion

With little adjustments from both sides and giving enough space to each other the concept of joint family can very well be worked out. If the above condition is fulfilled, then I don't mind preferring joint family(not the overcrowded one for sure), else Nuclear family is a safe bet which obviously comes with lot of responsibilities and dependence.

Sneha, very well put together post! ClapThumbs Up
I personally like the kind of arrangement 'Sarita ki Devrani' has. Paas ke paas and door ke door. That will help enjoying all the benefits of both worldsBig smile

I agree, both have their own advantages and adjustments to be made. However, it is very difficult to have a joint family where all are of adjusting nature.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

roshnii-Sneha25-pooja.s92.ArjunRasny

roshnii Goldie
roshnii
roshnii

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 7:33am | IP Logged
nice topic arjun..but i miss BB forum...anyways,watevr i m writing is the POV of a woman,coz men luv their own family,they dont hav 2 leave da house n adjust in new environment..in joint family,u dnt feel lonely or get bored,but ladies have 2 work day n night-cooking,cleaning,serving food all day,if 1 member hasnt eaten,the ladies cant go out,they hav 2 wait,small misunderstanding leads 2 mahabharat...n in nuclear family u can wake up late also n u dont have 2 sit wit pallu on ur head,eat with husband...all this i hav written coz i hav seen the life of my buas in typical middle class joint family,are yaar tv tak dekhne ko nahi milta unhe.so anytime i prefer nuclear family...but arjun old age home ke bare me likhke thoda emotional kar diya

.ArjunRasnyIsha.Ishaaxeion-naureen786-

.Arjun IF-Rockerz

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 7:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

roshnii-Sneha25-pooja.s92RasnyIsha.Isha

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index