Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

~DID ke Fultoo Fataks~ #2 *Invites Only* (Page 13)

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
what do u major in tulip?

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Yo, Tulip Di, how many AP courses should you take to have a strong foundation on your college resume?

Honestly, I don't think they care how many you take. They enjoy seeing the weighted GPA, and how well you do on the test. Numbers of courses are relative. It's a quality over quantity thing. I think Ivy Leagues might prefer a lot, but I don't keep up with them because I find their admission processing to be biased. (And no, I'm not making it up.)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rapierdebayon

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rapier

Originally posted by tulipbaby53

I need at least a 2100 for a grant(read financial aidLOL), and I really need it! So, yeah, I got like a 1920 on my PSAT(although it's true I didn't try as hardLOL)

well ok. but most colleges don't really care what u got on the psats. they give their scholarships based on ur SAT scores. the financial aid thingy ur taking about is given by like the state or sumthing. but if u don't get that, it doesn't mean u have to empty ur pockets to pay for college. if u do well in SATs, most colleges give u academic scholarships that pay half to full tuition money. so chillax. of course, it's not just about SATs. ur GPA counts for a lot too. but SATs certainly play a big role.
Yeah I know, but I'm scared because I didn't get a 2100  or above on my PSAT. Yes, over here its 2100..hmmm, I see, but from what I've heard academic scholarships are based on your gpa?

yes. but as i said, it's not the end of the world. academic scholarships are given out looking at BOTH ur GPA and SATs. at least i was given a scholarship this way. i dunno if they changed it since i got in. and as much as the colleges hype the whole extracurricular crap, they don't really give a hoot about it, unless ur on the border line of an acceptance and a rejection.LOL

I even got a scholarship, and my standardized test scores suck! Thumbs Down LOL But, I did have to wait after I had 24 credit hours for the scholarship to work because they wanted my college GPA.

oh so u transferred colleges? i was talking about getting in straight from high school, when u have 0 work experience.LOL

Yeah, I did transfer colleges, but I got a scholarship in both. In high school I believe I was dead or something because I only applied for like three scholarships! ROFL Oh well, I finally did get one, and at my old college the state gave students money for their high schools grades and standardized tests scores. Better scores and grades got pretty decent money.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rapier

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:10pm | IP Logged

Yo, Tulip Di, how many AP courses should you take to have a strong foundation on your college resume?

Honestly, I don't think they care how many you take. They enjoy seeing the weighted GPA, and how well you do on the test. Numbers of courses are relative. It's a quality over quantity thing. I think Ivy Leagues might prefer a lot, but I don't keep up with them because I find their admission processing to be biased. (And no, I'm not making it up.)

they are! they reserve 70% of their seats to kids of former alumni! now talk about being biased!Angry

and debu, they don't really care how many APs u take. i suggest u take APs cuz they boost ur GPA. the only use, other than this, u can have of APs is to get out of intro classes in college. that's about it.

debayon

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:10pm | IP Logged

I have a strong extracurricular background I guess. I was in my school tennis team for a year...and that's itLOL

You can maybe try for a leadership scholarship if your extracurriculars provided you any of those kinds of experiences, or if you do any sort of volunteering in the community.

this is another way. u don't get much money from these small scholarships. but if u get a lot, they certainly add up! apply to all the scholarships u can!

Exactly! I've actually seen some leadership scholarships give up to $1000. 

Rapier

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:12pm | IP Logged

they are! they reserve 70% of their seats to kids of former alumni! now talk about being biased!Angry

and debu, they don't really care how many APs u take. i suggest u take APs cuz they boost ur GPA. the only use, other than this, u can have of APs is to get out of intro classes in college. that's about it.

Yeah, there are a lot of stupid classes I wish I CLEPed or took APs for beforehand, but oh well. I was not very sincere in high school. LOL (Don't get me wrong, I did well, but I was not so proactive. LOL)

Rapier

-MakhanMalaai- IF-Stunnerz
-MakhanMalaai-
-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
im nt getting a single word of what u guys are talkinggCry

Rapier

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:15pm | IP Logged

Yeah, there are a lot of stupid classes I wish I CLEPed or took APs for beforehand, but oh well. I was not very sincere in high school. LOL (Don't get me wrong, I did well, but I was not so proactive. LOL)

i understand. i was no less. i was such a kaam chor. never studied. BSed my way through! lol. i also did well surprisingly but the effort was minimal! got the shock of my life when i entered college. i actually had to WORK. lol.

btw, what do u major in? or what field at least?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

debayontulipbaby53

Go to top