India-Forums

makebelieve: Game of Thrones, Barfi - 41. (Page 36)

without-fathom IF-Rockerz
without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 01 July 2012 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

Oyeee JZ...pange na daalo tum yahan aa kar...when did we ever stop YOU to suggest anything to her. We just told you what she probably won't like...and that you recommend it yourself. Waise I was planning to watch BBC Sherlock...a close friend is eating my head over it...

I said duly warned me. Dhyaan se padein LOL And you DID too! Tongue You both MILKAR thought it would be "phunny" that I try and suggest it to Kabeera ji !!! Ermm Zaalim kahin ke!!! LOL 

But anywayyy - YESH! You both go watch Sherlock! Maybe the "unpredictable" will happen and you both will like it after all?! Tongue LOL 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeaking-Swetha-

howzzat IF-Sizzlerz
howzzat
howzzat

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
OMG!! The DeS stuff is just fabulous... Can I request for avis from that scene in episode 14.. the one where Mansoor and Shahwar are playing with Mateen? Also the one scene where they go for a walk in episode 13 and she says mujhey bahut kaam hai.. apse baat nahin karni.. that one too. SB's expressions were excellent!

LOL these days, I just see Suits, Suits everywhere.. A friend of mine has been recommending it for quite some time and then at work too they were discussing it.. Rahee sahee qasar toh yahin par bhi poori ho gayi.. Ab toh dekhna hi padega! Over the weekend hopefully... Also try to watch PST too!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeaking

-Aliya- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aliya-
-Aliya-

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
your coloring is fantastic especially your black and white coloring on that siggy that looks so damn amazing. really pretty update!

kabeeraspeaking

anotheranfan IF-Dazzler
anotheranfan
anotheranfan

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
I knew you would make something out of that Suits scene :) You talked so much about it.. :)  I am going to use that one.. And what are these other shows.. The AV you are using seems like Pakistani drama, is it the one you recommended me to watch? I would probably be watching it after couple of more months when i get little breather at work though... 

kabeeraspeaking

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Oooh LOVE the PST sig...such a BRILLIANT BRILLIANT movie...so rarely do we find movies that are COMPLETE in every sense of the word these days...I was absolutely blown away by this one...the writing, the acting, the direction...just excellent stuff and the fact that it's a true story makes it all the more amazing...the epic journey of this one man. 

But you only made one? Ek do aur banaa deti yaar...there were many brilliant dialogues from PST in the movie waise toh...

Anyways, fab stuff as always...Sanam Baloch is looking ethereal in all those sigs/avis...and the dialogue on that sig with the old couple sitting there is just so touching. 

Hope you make some stock phir se...always look forward to those from  you :-)

Thanks, Anu! (: Yep, I loved PST too...it was funny actually, I read a review on it somewhere or maybe it was said by someone that these types of storylines about land, dacoits/rebels, family feuds, etc. harked back to the good old cinema of the 80s and 90s...and this movie just did it so well and completely, as you said...that even despite having that kind of a subject, something that can so easily come across as spoofy and it did in countless of those previous movies...here it just worked brilliantly because they told a really good story, in a really sincere way. I loved the bits of humour thrown in, the quirks...they were so well balanced with the darkness and intensity. I loved how they managed to convey at the very core and SHOW how people are forced to do things they wouldn't want to...that internal struggle that PST experiences in his transformation...I loved that.

Oh yeah, there were many great moments in the movie...in fact I'd wanted to make avis on a few bits but didn't get around to it. Oh well (:

Originally posted by howzzat

OMG!! The DeS stuff is just fabulous... Can I request for avis from that scene in episode 14.. the one where Mansoor and Shahwar are playing with Mateen? Also the one scene where they go for a walk in episode 13 and she says mujhey bahut kaam hai.. apse baat nahin karni.. that one too. SB's expressions were excellent!

LOL these days, I just see Suits, Suits everywhere.. A friend of mine has been recommending it for quite some time and then at work too they were discussing it.. Rahee sahee qasar toh yahin par bhi poori ho gayi.. Ab toh dekhna hi padega! Over the weekend hopefully... Also try to watch PST too!

Mujhe toh samajh hi nahi aaraha tha ke which scenes should I make avis out of LOL Good moments that you mentioned! The one with Mateen and them isn't in Episode 14...it's in 13, I think no...chalo, I will check and PM you the avis when I make them! 

Re: Suits...oh, I guess it's because the second season is airing these days...it just started three weeks ago, so maybe that's why people are talking about it these days! Anyways, thanks howzzat!

Originally posted by -Aliya-

your coloring is fantastic especially your black and white coloring on that siggy that looks so damn amazing. really pretty update!

Thank you! Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

howzzat-Swetha-AreYaar

kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anotheranfan

I knew you would make something out of that Suits scene :) You talked so much about it.. :)  I am going to use that one.. And what are these other shows.. The AV you are using seems like Pakistani drama, is it the one you recommended me to watch? I would probably be watching it after couple of more months when i get little breather at work though... 

Priii Hug Everyday I say to myself that today I will write to Pri about the third episode and you tapkofy here LOL Yeah, I couldn't help but make one on that moment...sigh. Oh my avi...yep, it's from a Pakistani show, but not Daam, that was the one I recommended. The same actress is in that show as well, so I just figured out why you would think so! LOL But dude, whenever it is that you get a breather, you need to start on S2 of Breaking Bad...I got my brother hooked on to it too about three-ish weeks ago and having just finished S3, he loveees it. I can't wait for you to watch :) 

anotheranfan

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kabeeraspeaking

Thanks, Anu! (: Yep, I loved PST too...it was funny actually, I read a review on it somewhere or maybe it was said by someone that these types of storylines about land, dacoits/rebels, family feuds, etc. harked back to the good old cinema of the 80s and 90s...and this movie just did it so well and completely, as you said...that even despite having that kind of a subject, something that can so easily come across as spoofy and it did in countless of those previous movies...here it just worked brilliantly because they told a really good story, in a really sincere way. I loved the bits of humour thrown in, the quirks...they were so well balanced with the darkness and intensity. I loved how they managed to convey at the very core and SHOW how people are forced to do things they wouldn't want to...that internal struggle that PST experiences in his transformation...I loved that.

Oh yeah, there were many great moments in the movie...in fact I'd wanted to make avis on a few bits but didn't get around to it. Oh well (:

Someone said that? LOL that's interesting cuz I was having this discussion with my sister the other day too about how the 80s/90s movies while they had their "typical" storylines so to speak didn't seem ARTIFICIAL atleast like many movies do these days. 

Regarding PST...honestly I never expected it to be a typical dacoit story to begin with...I thought it might be similar to Bandit Queen in some ways when I first heard about it but honestly I think this was just brilliant on a whole another level because it was inherently the story about this incredible journey of this man...and how circumstances change his life...I think at its core if any story manages to show those CIRCUMSTANCES well, it goes a long way in telling a good story...I mean everything that they took care of from starting out with him just being this carefree, almost aimless young guy from a village who joined the army at a young age cuz HONOR always mattered to him...joined the sports division SIMPLY cuz they had a bigger food quota for the athletesLOL...his initial days of training with the coach, oh that ice-cream delivery bit...LOVED how they brought it full circle...it was just a brilliant script to begin with and Irfan was just so FABBB...I also loved that entire bit where he is narrating his story to the reporter...the little quirks in b/w as you said with him offering him ice-cream...that he had a story connected to everything...an anecdote...the way it would tie in...superb dialogues/script.

Anyways just the JOURNEY this man had...and how at the core of it he tried to maintain his OWN code of HONOR as best as he could even though circumstances changed him and brought him to a point he never thought he'd come to...when the very system failed him, he had no choice left...and even within that his acumen showed in the way he disciplined his little band of bandits, the way he fought till the end...in some ways you are saddened at the waste of such a an intelligent, talented man too...that a system forced him to change directions when he had otherwise always strived to uphold honor in every way...on paper it sounds like a filmy 80s revenge story but the fact of the matter is that it's a true story...a lot of athletes languish in anonymity, destitution somewhere after having brought so much glory to their country...the list of ppl they mentioned in the end just saddens you so much...

...it's just a brilliant story as I keep repeating myself...lol...agree with you on the SINCERITY of the story as well...very few movies have that anymore these days. 

Btw have you seen the trailer for Barfi? I liked it...quirky in an intriguing way.

kabeeraspeaking-Swetha-

kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Someone said that? LOL that's interesting cuz I was having this discussion with my sister the other day too about how the 80s/90s movies while they had their "typical" storylines so to speak didn't seem ARTIFICIAL atleast like many movies do these days. Today's movies do indeed have way too much posing, preening and 'glossing' which makes them look artificial, jab ke pehle toh kuch zyada uchhal kood hoti thi, even in songs, etc. jisko dekh ke banda itna engage hojata tha ke you didn't really get time to think about artificiality LOL I think it has a lot to do with the sincerity of emotions portrayed too...you can tell when a story is written to rake in the bills with the help of frigid clothes, locations, situations, etc. as compared to something organic...where the way things LOOK isn't given precedence over the FEEL that is being tried to convey. In the longer run, a big budget, though of course it'll bring in return, seems almost like it suffocates the genuineness of the script, acting, etc...

Regarding PST...honestly I never expected it to be a typical dacoit story to begin with...I thought it might be similar to Bandit Queen in some ways when I first heard about it but honestly I think this was just brilliant on a whole another level because it was inherently the story about this incredible journey of this man...and how circumstances change his life...I think at its core if any story manages to show those CIRCUMSTANCES well, it goes a long way in telling a good story...I mean everything that they took care of from starting out with him just being this carefree, almost aimless young guy from a village who joined the army at a young age cuz HONOR always mattered to him...joined the sports division SIMPLY cuz they had a bigger food quota for the athletesLOL...his initial days of training with the coach, oh that ice-cream delivery bit...LOVED how they brought it full circle...it was just a brilliant script to begin with and Irfan was just so FABBB...I also loved that entire bit where he is narrating his story to the reporter...the little quirks in b/w as you said with him offering him ice-cream...that he had a story connected to everything...an anecdote...the way it would tie in...superb dialogues/script. Hahahahaha, one of my favourite parts was when he runs for the first time for the athletic division of the army and race khatam hote hi grabs bananas from a nearby table, SITS on the track, and starts eating them like he has been starving from the beginning of time  :rolls: And yeaaah, the ice cream...bestest part was when Major Madan (?) calls him on the phone after he has decided to retire, and he tells PST that he's sending him ice cream...and PST says that it is the most touching thing that has ever happened to him (: I loved that one thing too...how he would always tell people to say something that he has said, to repeat it as if they mean it, and they would do it LOL..."Kaho kal se! Theek se kaho kal se!" :lol: The script really was written well. If I was someone who could or would watch movies multiple times, this is certainly one that I wouldn't mind watching again because of the many great dialogues and moments that it has...

Anyways just the JOURNEY this man had...and how at the core of it he tried to maintain his OWN code of HONOR as best as he could even though circumstances changed him and brought him to a point he never thought he'd come to...when the very system failed him, he had no choice left...and even within that his acumen showed in the way he disciplined his little band of bandits, the way he fought till the end...in some ways you are saddened at the waste of such a an intelligent, talented man too...that a system forced him to change directions when he had otherwise always strived to uphold honor in every way...on paper it sounds like a filmy 80s revenge story but the fact of the matter is that it's a true story...a lot of athletes languish in anonymity, destitution somewhere after having brought so much glory to their country...the list of ppl they mentioned in the end just saddens you so much...

Worddd! :yeah:

Btw have you seen the trailer for Barfi? I liked it...quirky in an intriguing way.

Yeah, I saw it quickly in passing yesterday...it did look very quirky! If the story is not cliched or stunted, I'm sure it'll be very interesting.

-Swetha-AreYaar

Go to top