India-Forums

makebelieve: Game of Thrones, Barfi - 41. (Page 11)

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
^^ Most welcome sweets, you deserve all that and more! Locke's unshakable faith was certainly a huge draw (mytho maniac that I am, of course it would be LOL), but what got to me was the fatalism... I like to think that there's a balance between destiny and free will, otherwise villain jaise hai waise hi reh jaayenge without any incentive to reform. But he did have the most heartbreaking and most effective backstory... I cried bucketloads! His dad... Dead And in Jin scenes, the baby announcement didn't occur to you :O He was soooo sweet after that!!! Esp when Juliet does the ultrasound and Sun tells him about it, awwwww Day Dreaming Love them! Btw thoughts on Juliet? She's another one that me and most of my buds are split over... I liked her a lot! Mostly because of the performance I guess. Preferred her with Jack far more than Kate Ermm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeaking

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

^^ Most welcome sweets, you deserve all that and more! Locke's unshakable faith was certainly a huge draw (mytho maniac that I am, of course it would be LOL), but what got to me was the fatalism... I like to think that there's a balance between destiny and free will, otherwise villain jaise hai waise hi reh jaayenge without any incentive to reform. But he did have the most heartbreaking and most effective backstory... I cried bucketloads! His dad... Dead And in Jin scenes, the baby announcement didn't occur to you :O He was soooo sweet after that!!! Esp when Juliet does the ultrasound and Sun tells him about it, awwwww Day Dreaming Love them! Btw thoughts on Juliet? She's another one that me and most of my buds are split over... I liked her a lot! Mostly because of the performance I guess. Preferred her with Jack far more than Kate Ermm

Talking Lost with someone after sooo long! *content smile* 

I hear you on the fatalism...a friend of mine used to get hugely irked with Locke because of all his wrong decisions and influences that ended up being usually for the worse when it came to the Losties LOL I can see it too absolutely and yet there's a morbid fascination in it because of the extent to which Locke was driven on faith...he was the explorer of the Island, he heralded the mysteries, he was the viewers' eyes in propelling the story plot-wise...that paired with his past, the limitations and disappointments in his life on every front, his kidneys stolen, his father pushing him out the skyscraper...his DESIRE to have a meaning, to have a purpose, to matter, to be wanted, to be 'special'...it all induced such pathos, it made you want to root for him and his deliverance. The sympathy for the character only doubled because of how UNTRUE all those things were (him being chosen, special) and you saw him grasping at straws to believe himself and to make others believe too that there was a greater purpose...I'll always remember that one scene where Locke and Boone have unearthed the hatch, but there is no way that they can find to open it up...they try everything, and at the end, Locke is so disappointed, so driven to an EDGE of desperation that he is lying down on the hatch, all alone in the dark, crying and defeatedly banging his fist on it in...he says, "I've done everything you wanted me do to. SO WHY did you do this...to me?" until suddenly a LIGHT shoots out of the hatch window and it's the most EPIC moment of disbelief, wonder and FAITH Smile It's moments like these that make me such a Locke fan...scenes such as where the viewers are let in on the fact that the wheelchair on the plane belonged to none other than Locke, the MIRACLE that happened with his legs...his clashes and relationship with Jack...Man of Science vs. Man of Faith :worship:...and then Locke met Ben...someone just as crazy about the Island as him, someone just as 'unwanted' who wanted to be special, was PRETENDING to be special all along...they were just phenomenal together.

Jin scenes...ahhhh, I remember the one with the PANDA he is trying to buy and rushing to hospital LOL Somehow all the funny ones stick out in my memory with him...like the one where Hurely is screaming at him to pee on his foot when he steps on an urchin but Jin doesn't understand English at that point ROFL

And Juliet...dude, I loveeeee the Others...my favourite faction on Lost. So loved Juliet too...individually, with Ben, with Jack, with Sawyer...one character who was fantastic in all pairings...and much more better than Kate on all grounds LOL Elizabeth Mitchell is such a mellow and soft actress, outstanding in emotional scenes Thumbs Up 

Another character that I really liked was Faraday...and Miles too :lol: Amazing ensemble of characters and actors they had.

MagadhSundari

kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
update

Bad mood remedy: watching scenes of your favourite comedies TongueApprove

Tere Bin Laden: Saw it a while ago, back with Udaan...so awesomely silly LOL

The oh-so-famous scene from Namak Halal LOL

Alt

Hera Pheri LOL

"Pata hai, police ne humko ek baar toh HEMLET mein dekha hai. 
Ab doosri baar bhi HEMLET pehn ke gaya, toh pura phasse ga na."
"Toh ek kaam karte hain na, HEMLET ki bina jaate hain, bindaas."

:rolls:

The Namesake

(Picture: Flickr) 

The following 28 member(s) liked the above post:

Ipshitaa-sourire--Fivr-Sofia.toothbrush13sensodynepigbelly4myfeetnimrahgremlin.MagadhSundariSalz..-BalleBalle-.lavenderskies-Seri-desigrl05Aisha.-Faith-burgerchaap.Sidra.khoobsurat.Rimsie.khushixAS..-Fatima-serendipity.KriYaansh...sinamikaAreYaar

MagadhSundari IF-Rockerz
MagadhSundari
MagadhSundari

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
I have returned Evil SmileLOL awww I want a naak pe makkhi sig now LOL and OMG you made a sig of "sakuttt!!!! oye, sakuttt!!!!" ROFL Classic! editing...

-----------

I'm back, I'm back!!!

First of all, I second the joy of having discovered a fellow Lostie on IF... howdy partner HugLOL We should rewatch the dvds and PM each other our schpiels to make up for all the time we've lost ;P

And... I'm now firmly in the love phase of that love-hate thing I have for Locke, thanks to your reminder about the heavenly hatch moment from Season 1... that scene really gave me goosebumps because it happened at a moment when he needed it most, when he felt so broken and defeated... that is indeed when calls of faith always get answered. One of the most touching moments on the show, reminded me of a lot of great sant&sufi verses to that effect.

And rofl @ Jin running through traffic with that Panda, methinks I shall whip out my dvds of that and surprise you with something from that one of these days Tongue Pretend I didn't say that LOL

Very happy to find that we totally agree about the others and Juliet in particular... apart from Locke, it was her backstory about her sister that hit me the hardest. All the different shades of the character were enacted perfectly.

Who else I really liked and wasn't happy to see last for such a short while was Mr. Eko Cry What he shared with Locke was also really special, and his courage is unmatched.

Nowww the new update... bad mood kaahe ko? Hope all is well hun! It did result in one of my favorite updates of all time, though, so Clap
Clap
Hera Pheri and Namak Halaal are among my all-time FAVS, soon as you did that AAA update way back when I was like counting the days until we'd get to see another one on classic comedies... LOVE it!!! "Talk English, walk English I will have to print out and give my mommy, she is forever quoting that one LOL Def wanna see naak pe makkhi in some form some time Wink And the Hera Pheri... genius choices... SAKUTTT ROFL mind if I stack them and use? I tried to decide last night but couldn't, I want both Tongue Oh and the Tabu sig... I don't think she's ever looked more gorgeous than that, aMAZing job on the coloring... gave it that old school feel that so perfectly suits the pic. Phenomenal Clap Haven't seen TBL yet... any good?

Can't wait for another unique update full of favorites from you Fati, 2 in less than a week def has me spoiled real good LOL Kep up the awesomenesss Hug

Edited by lola610 - 23 April 2011 at 1:43pm

kabeeraspeaking

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
I still don't know why you were in such a bad mood...you never replied to my PM :P

But if this is the output of that then me loves it...haha...awesome awesomeee stuff! I dunno what I love more...the EPIC Namak Halal scene sig or the HOWLARIOUS Hera Pheri avis...oh how I loveee that movie...deffo among my all time fav. comedies...the HEMLET bit...ROFLROFLROFL Just SUCH awesome stuff.

And the Namesake stuff is damnnn prettyDay Dreaming...Love the TBL stuff too...haha...hilarious movie.

P.S. I just realized this must be your first non-LTL update in like agesLOL

Edited by nureat01 - 22 April 2011 at 8:56pm

kabeeraspeaking

sinamika IF-Achieverz
sinamika
sinamika

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
I Love Love Love all these All the 3 movies are AMAZING Namak halal & Hera Pheri are Classics and u don't think anyone can do justice to the stuff on them but You SUperb & TBL Rofl I loved lvoed it esp Noora He's AWESOME

kabeeraspeaking

kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

I still don't know why you were in such a bad mood...you never replied to my PM :P

But if this is the output of that then me loves it...haha...awesome awesomeee stuff! I dunno what I love more...the EPIC Namak Halal scene sig or the HOWLARIOUS Hera Pheri avis...oh how I loveee that movie...deffo among my all time fav. comedies...the HEMLET bit...ROFLROFLROFL Just SUCH awesome stuff.

And the Namesake stuff is damnnn prettyDay Dreaming...Love the TBL stuff too...haha...hilarious movie.

P.S. I just realized this must be your first non-LTL update in like agesLOL

It is...since September, I think! LOL And the update toh...output of HILARIOUS movies, not a bad mood :P Wouldn't life be so awesome if you could just watch an endless playlist of such awesome comedies? LOL Thanksss, CB Hug

Originally posted by -Mausam-

I Love Love Love all these All the 3 movies are AMAZING Namak halal & Hera Pheri are Classics and u don't think anyone can do justice to the stuff on them but You SUperb & TBL Rofl I loved lvoed it esp Noora He's AWESOME

Thanks, Fizzy! (: Yeah, there's just sooo many moments in these movies...I don't think anyone can do justice to the hilarity that they achieve with the acting, dialogues, background music, etc. in sigs or avis LOL And I loved Noora too...he was such a simpleton, pukka punjabi LOL

sinamika

serendipity. IF-Addictz
serendipity.
serendipity.

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
LOL
Amazingg Update!
Seriously! Stern Smile
i loveee this scene, my fav:
i laugh likee madsss wen i see / hear this scene, Habibi geourge bush, illa mata tuqarribu wa tudamiru!!!!!
LMAO!
Its awesome, his arabiccc! ROFL
amazing sigs!
ur soo inspiringgg Day Dreaming

Keep it up! Big smile

kabeeraspeaking

Go to top