Posted: 03 February 2011 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Phew, that was one of the longest update you've ever done with so many twists and turns! Took me a good amount of time to read it. I am still under the spell of the update!
BTW Hello First of all let me tell you no need to be worried about the response. You don't know how much we love your work. See we even pester you to update despite of knowing that you have exams coming up How can one not enjoy after reading super long updates with so much interesting events happening and the story going through lotta twists and turns? So you worried about the violence part. To be honest, i was getting goosebumps reading that part. Well, it was too much of violence but you managed to bring it out well
Interesting revelations in this update-
1. Adi- Till now we knew that Adi knew that Chief had a soft corner for Geet but today he first spoke it out to Geet and then later to Maan after Geet broke down. Will come to this later. He saw Geet desperate to catch a glimpse of Maan and understand that both kind of harbour feelings for one another no matter how hard Chief-Geet try not to show to themselves or others. Also, he's concerned about Geet just as he is about his Chief-Maan. That food-kitchen-cooking scene was sweet
2. Maan- Maan's, not Chief's concern for Geet-he repetitively ordered Adi to take care of Geet. Signs of some danger for Geet which came true when she saw 'him' killing Sudhir. He somehow knew Geet won't be able to take it. The part where Geet is breaking down was very painful. But equally painfull was Maan's reaction and his words which he was saying to make her hate him even more, to detach her from himself. My eyes were moist at this soon. The dialogues were very powerful here! they had a great intensity!
3. Chief's 'professional' plans- His plans to reach out to Anna had been made very clear. I like the way you keep each part intact while writing. Like the transition between the scenes.
4. Chief's violence- His violence streak was very clear in that part. No mercy for the deceivers!
Somehow, it shows that something's very grave had happened to him in the past that has made him the way he is!
5. Geet-The girl who loves her kidnapper deeply! She wants to stay back but was preparing herself to be back thinking about her exams, transient life in the early parts of the update. Her desperation for her kidnapper was shown very nicely! And this desperation made her look for him frantically until she saw the most dreadful sight. Her love killing people, the hands with which she wants to be hugged, being loved are colored with people's blood. Her outburst, breakdown was so heart-wrenching!!! Wonderfully written!!!
6. Adi-He was special to Chief than all his other members. he was close to him, he understood him better than anyone else but an interesting fact came up in this update-he not only knows Chief but also the person who lived a normal life before plunging into this word-Maan! He probably knows the reason why Maan is Chief today. He understands him fully. He's able to decipher Maan's unsaid words. This part was really carved out very nicely.
Infact the part post Sudhir's death part was really high on emotions, relationships, truth, right and wrong. Geet-Maan part while she's in the kitchen trying to hurt herself and then when she's safe and Maan in kitchen-that part was again very beautifully written. Emotions were flowing through the words. The words had so much power that I could actually visualize the scene. The shlok from Geet made her stop, she pondered over the fact. Somewhere she realized that behind the mask is a innocent man.
I just don't have words to express myself about this update!
All I can say is that I just want to read more and more. I'l keep reading this update till the time you update the next one. I know your exams coming up, prepare well for them. And do update but only if you get time. Studies shouldn't be affected. All the best
About my results-it wasn't good. Scored 94 %ile in CAT, 91 %ile in XAT and couldn't clear FMS. About the job interviews, negative here as well. My stammering is taking a toll on my career. I am landing nowhere.