Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pyari_Zahra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Yup, like make-believe said, it's of Arabic origin and means torch. Unique name, sounds lovely to the ears too 😳 Funny how one little letter being changed in a name can change it's whole meaning, like my name is Zahra, with an 'h'- without the 'h' it would have a completely different meaning πŸ˜† x Edited by Pyari_Zahra - 13 years ago
incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Ahhhh...such an interesting discussion. πŸ˜†

Mashaal, Mashal and Mishal are different variants of the same name but it depends on how you pronounce it actually. If you pronounce it with the Arabic 'Ain' after 'sh' it means the same...torch, light, something that gives off light or heat and all....but if you drop the 'Ain' the origin changes, the meaning changes...then it means a ruler or something...just according to my knowledge.

Originally posted by: make-believe

Arey, he would say light/torch too πŸ˜† And I have to say, it's unique for me not because the name's unique because I've heard and known of many women with this name...but his parents used it for a boy...that's unprecedented...never heard/thought that it could be a boy's name. Maybe it's more common among the Sindhis...I know there are a few on the forum, maybe they know better πŸ˜†

@bold...No, it's not...I don't think so. It's actually more common among Pathans/Pashtos...as a boy's name only.

Edited by incandescence - 13 years ago
kiran255 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Faryyy

So it's a muslim name then...well quite surprised I never heard it before my Polish singer who is  a christian...
Well we should ask Mishal how they re parents chosen his name...in fact we should do a list with interesting questions about him and send it to Wazzup TV for an interview with GOOD QUESTIONS! I m also wondering if is he 100% indian because first time I saw him he looks like a Turkish guy to me lol...So guys who's in?

im so in 
Buit i remember reading his article 
where he mentioned that when he was born he looks like his grand or grand grand father 
whose name was MIshal 
so his Parents named him after him :)
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: nureat01

How come ppl never ask Mishal the meaning of his name in interviews and he's asked allllllllllll sorts of stupid questions instead?....koi dhang ka interviewer nahin gaya kabhi uske paas? And all these random ppl happily butcher his name on TV tooπŸ˜†.....You'd think that given it's such an unusual name, that's the FIRST thing ppl would ask him....πŸ˜•

They prolly ask him the meaning of Michelle which he doesnt know. πŸ˜†
loveumishal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Mishal / Mashal ...reminded me this...

In the last Thursday episode, nakku asked the man to throw away the flame torch...Guess she said "phenko mashaal"...😊
NainaSengal thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Beautiful name....love him <3
Sanely_Insane thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Mishaal...is a variant of Arabic word "MIshal"....which means a "torch" or "a beacon"....😊