BDs....I just don't get it...

Posted: 13 years ago

There are times and circumstances which force co-actors to shoot on seperate occasions, hence the Body Doubles (BD) However, I am a serious critic of using BDs 😆 Personally, I cannot stand the use of BDs especially in intimate or romantic scenes involving the main leads. It completely ruins the magic for you because you know that the moment is not shared between your most loved couple.

The scene where Geet gets playful with Maan had no impact on me. I knew that GC and DD were not there at the same time and that is why the entire scene fizzled out for me. It kills the mood knowing that it's someone else. And to be honest, I so wish that it had been GC and DD TOGETHER in that scene because that entire moment had the potential of being a classic. But when a BD is used, you cannot feel the chemistry because you know that it's not between your faves.

Post the semi-suhaag raat, we are seeing a lot of BD moments and I think that as a viewer, I feel kinda cheated. Perhaps the director has a reason to use the BDs, I cannot say for sure. But what I do know is that today's episode left a bitter taste in my mouth because there were certain moments that could have connected with the audience if our dearest lead pair were a part of it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I second you . I know there are unavoidable circumstances and at times cvs are forced to use BDs. I just wish that they effectively use their parallel characters in times like these when the lead actors are unavailable . Or are the creatives worried that their trps will go out of the window if they do not provide us with our daily doze of Maan Geet scenes ? Don't know .

Many people will defend the cvs and even expect us to "understand" their dilemma . I have done that in the past , like a good viewer , a loyal fan not cribbed about the BDs. But not too sure today . I was looking fwd to some scenes which IMO did not have the impact that they should v .

So it seems that the entire episode had BDs today . That annoys me . Romantic and intimate scenes like the one where Maan catches Geet s hand and she's caressing his lips should be enacted by the leads only . It doesn't help that the camera work is shoddy . In one of the scenes , the BD's face was partially visible . :o

Ashi: I completely agree. You've summed up exactly what I wanted to say, except better :) Indeed the amateur camera work did not help either. I too noticed that both BDs were semi visible at one point and it was very annoying. Such silly mistakes cannot be excused. I was also upset with the scene where Maan holds on to Geet's hand..oh, and the part where she is caressing his lips simply made me want to pull my hair out 😆 it ruined it!  I fail to understand the need to shoot such an intimate scene with a BD. Couldnt they wait? 😕

On the other hand, you are right about the trps...I think that is what the makers of the show are worried about. I also want my daily dose of MaaNeet. But surely they understand that BD is a viewer's worst enemy 😆 honestly speaking, I would rather watch a filler scene than see an intimate moment go to waste on a BD! We want to smile when we see Geet and Maan onscreen. And that happens when we have moments like the one in your siggy :)
-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Adhuri Dastaan (love ur id)

Moments in my Siggy ? Thats a different story altogether . 😆

Yes the lip caressing was a disaster . The leads would v set the screen on fire . How long we v all waited for their post marriage romance and now we get this . I did not even complain yesterday . I believe the leads shot with BDs but it did not affect the outcome of the scene . They can always show individual scenes of the two instead of using BDs. Geet 's self talk , trying to figure out what's bothering Maan or Maan 's self talk on how to deal with Geet wudv made a lot more sense than what they dished out today . The whole scene cudv played out with Maan in office and Geet at home . The 'night' sequence cud have aired in tomorrow's episode . (assuming the actors will resume shoot tomorrow)Edited by ~~ashi~~ - 13 years ago
^^Excactly :) It would have made more sense if there had been two individual scenes. The self talk would have been a good idea in the circumstances. But I guess the CVs were hell-bent on an  intimate scene that wasn't even remotely "intimate" *SIGH* Well I sincerely hope that there are no BDs in the next epi. If I have to experience the same nonsense again then it will result in me losing my hair  ðŸ˜† 

Btw, your siggy is not from the Sheila dance, right? Because I don't remember them dancing like this at the end of the item number. I'm a bit confused, esp. after you said that's a different story! Also,  thank you for liking my id :)
-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
^ It's from the Sheila episode but wasn't aired . Lots of speculation on whether it was on screen or offscreen dance bw the leads . OMG dont tell me ur unaware of this . "THE" dance that drove the entire forum mad. I found it cute so used it as a Siggy . 😆
basicquestion1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
oh thanku for this post. i think this was much needed. i don't understand how can u use bd in important scenes and then cry for low trp????? many fans can do anything ,even watch aa scenes for maaneet but then for maaneet only !!!!!!!🤢not their body doubles.

Originally posted by: ~~ashi~~

^ It's from the Sheila episode but wasn't aired . Lots of speculation on whether it was on screen or offscreen dance bw the leads . OMG dont tell me ur unaware of this . "THE" dance that drove the entire forum mad. I found it cute so used it as a Siggy . 😆

It is indeed cute. To be honest, I have been watching the show on and off for quite some time now. What to say, a few things made me feel bitter...but I think I won't say anything further, for obvious reasons ;) But I used to watch Geet religiously. Now it's simply a case of watching a few epis and then skipping it for a week or so :( 
I wasn't aware that the forum went berserk, seriously 😆 I am floater at the forum these days!!

Originally posted by: basicquestion1

oh thanku for this post. i think this was much needed. i don't understand how can u use bd in important scenes and then cry for low trp????? many fans can do anything ,even watch aa scenes for maaneet but then for maaneet only !!!!!!!🤢not their body doubles.

Exactly! If you're going to use body doubles, don't expect the trps. As you rightly mentioned, the majority want to view REAL Maaneet scenes...not doubles in their place! Fans and viewers will naturally feel cheated.
And they did this again today  this is becoming highly frustrating.
..Gurti-Kash.. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4