India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Kool's Commentary : Jan 27 PR (Page 10)

bonnefille IF-Rockerz
bonnefille
bonnefille

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 6:20am | IP Logged
Manav's doing everything good except for completely forgetting about his own family. i don't mind him forgiving Vaishu, Sulo, Varsha.....coz thats part of his nature. But distancing himself from his own family is something I myself not liking and don't even relate to manav's character. I mean wasn't manav....the most ideal son??? he's been endorsed like that since forever. So how can somebody make such a turnover. Didn't see archana ever neglecting K's even after they humiliated Manav and her too a million times. 

Have not seen the precap but read it....i somehow am seeing it as a step to manav-savita reunion. Confused 

Sachin needs to be reunited with Shravani. He's being used just as a prop in the background. The story can move forward without Sachin.....there's no requirement for him. Although I want ArMan responsible for Sachin....my first choice will be always Shravani taking responsibility of sachin. Why should foster parent take care of sachin when original is available as a better alternative. These CVs bring in weird twists and don't know how to set it right afterwards.

Although have to say PR is getting lil interesting except for some glaring flaws.

Biggest flaw needed to set right is that Manav should start taking care of his family.....because seriously in real world they are living without any source of income.....and with inflation on rise in India.....they should be starving and on the streets by now. At present even middle class thinks twice before buying onions.....Deshmukhs don't have one rupee also flowing in the house. And the the audience that most watches this show....relates to this kind of stuff. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shootingstar27lunzaTiyalianu rulzkoolsadhu1000

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 6:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by naava

4. I don't understand the attitude of most on the forum...it someone truly realizes their mistake and asks for forgiveness. ...you forgive.  especially between sisters and brothers (in law)...family.....holding grudges, demanding retribution...is so detrimental ...hurting the person who won't forgive more than the other...harboring hatred in your heart does no one any good and is foolish.. Manav and archu are wonderful examples of mature people in their quickness to forgive...others may think it's stupid and they should not be so easy...but reality in life is just the opposite....lest we think we are not capable of making mistakes...someday we may need to beg forgiveness...and will want it ... 

It is this "quickness to forgive" part that i frankly dont like in them .. yes ArMan have a wonderful capacity to "love and forgive" .. but I just wish it was more gradual ..
Honestly , I would have liked to see manav take some time before he again interacted with vaishu normally , I would have liked it , if he was polite but distant with her , and if vaishu asked him whether he has forgiven her or not , I would have liked him to have replied something on the lines of  " It is going to take some time for me to get over the past incidents " and not reply directly to the forgiveness question ...

Edited by lunza - 28 January 2011 at 6:34am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anu rulz

anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 6:32am | IP Logged
its ok to forgive and forget..sum people have the capacity,good for thm..bt dnt become such "forgiving" people tht people walk all over u..see the problem in soaps is tht the "lead" whether male or female has the problem of catering to the whims and fancies of people who take thm for granted and at the same time force their thinking on those who care for thm..i find THT irritating..not talking abt ArMan in particular,tho they also have this habit,bt most shows..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pallaiektarfapyarlunzakoolsadhu1000

Tiyali IF-Rockerz

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 6:47am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lunzaanu rulzkoolsadhu1000

pallai Senior Member
pallai
pallai

Originally posted by lunza

4. I don't understand the attitude of most on the forum...it someone truly realizes their mistake and asks for forgiveness. ...you forgive.  especially between sisters and brothers (in law)...family.....holding grudges, demanding retribution...is so detrimental ...hurting the person who won't forgive more than the other...harboring hatred in your heart does no one any good and is foolish.. Manav and archu are wonderful examples of mature people in their quickness to forgive...others may think it's stupid and they should not be so easy...but reality in life is just the opposite....lest we think we are not capable of making mistakes...someday we may need to beg forgiveness...and will want it ... 

It is this "quickness to forgive" part that i frankly dont like in them .. yes ArMan have a wonderful capacity to "love and forgive" .. but I just wish it was more gradual ..
Honestly , I would have liked to see manav take some time before he again interacted with vaishu normally , I would have liked it , if he was polite but distant with her , and if vaishu asked him whether he has forgiven her or not , I would have liked him to have replied something on the lines of  " It is going to take some time for me to get over the past incidents " and not reply directly to the forgiveness question ...

@ naava
so should vaishali forgive dharmesh immediately if he asks forgiveness from her? 
naava IF-Dazzler
naava
naava

@ lunza and anu rutz.... you both make valid points... however what i am trying to say is this....i am older than most on the forum and over many years have watched struggles in my own family, my husband's family and blended families...in addition i spent over 12 years running an organization that helped individuals and also people groups deal with the issue of forgiveness...... and i have to say that both in the families and between the people groups. those people who were able to forgive relatively quickly, letting go of the anger and hurt, were the healthiest, the happiest and able to move on with their lives with greater healing than those who held on the grudge for a while longer..unable to really forgive...testing, punishing etc.  

but there IS a difference between letting people walk all over you which anu mentioned..and u are right dear,  that is not at all good...and in being mature in your forgiveness...and you are right ...indians soaps have a way of showing victim-like forgiveness....  but what i see in manav this time...for the first time...is the mature type of forgiveness...i saw strength in him...not the "look at the floor" manav from before...and that's what i am cheering on this PR right now...and hope it sets a new beginning for the Indian serials...  Tongue

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pallaibonnefillelunzaanu rulz

pallai Senior Member
pallai
pallai

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 6:51am | IP Logged

@ lunza and anu rutz.... you both make valid points... however what i am trying to say is this....i am older than most on the forum and over many years have watched struggles in my own family, my husband's family and blended families...in addition i spent over 12 years running an organization that helped individuals and also people groups deal with the issue of forgiveness...... and i have to say that both in the families and between the people groups. those people who were able to forgive relatively quickly, letting go of the anger and hurt, were the healthiest, the happiest and able to move on with their lives with greater healing than those who held on the grudge for a while longer..unable to really forgive...testing, punishing etc.  

but there IS a difference between letting people walk all over you which anu mentioned..and u are right dear,  that is not at all good...and in being mature in your forgiveness...and you are right ...indians soaps have a way of showing victim-like forgiveness....  but what i see in manav this time...for the first time...is the mature type of forgiveness...i saw strength in him...not the "look at the floor" manav from before...and that's what i am cheering on this PR right now...and hope it sets a new beginning for the Indian serials...  Tongue
i agree wit  u on this post u r right, one needs to sometimes forgive and move on..
but where to draw the line is the question... 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anu rulz

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 6:58am | IP Logged

naava dear its not a 'new beginning' at all .This is the most common trend of Indian serials .......to show hero heroines like GODS and GODDESSES instead of simple human beings with 'normal emotions'

I agree that being able to forgive quickly is healthy . But one must have the maturity to not distribute forgiveness like FREE PEANUTS to all and sundry especially when one has encountered EVIL in the form of DISGUSTING SNOBBERY that repeatedly tom tommed the social evil of CLASS DISTINCTION . I feel here , caution has to be exercised . One can forgive from the heart silently ...........Manav can do his bit in bringing his sister in law who once insulted him home , but we can see him maintaining a stiff silence about TALKING to her .......to drive the point home that what she did was WRONG and that even POOR PEOPLE have their SELF RESPECT .

When the virtue of forgiveness is comprehended as ZERO SELF RESPECT it becomes a PROBLEM . Forgive in such a way that u rise as a human but u don't lose ur SELF RESPECT . And currently Manav has NONE .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 28 January 2011 at 6:59am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lunzaanu rulzektarfapyar

Go to top