Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naava thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
omg i have to jump in and tell u guys what just happened to me ...i was sitting in a cafe (not India) and at the booth across was sitting DHARMESH & i guess woman number 4...  😆  he looked EXACTLY LIKE SUMIT ( is that the actor's name?)  He even took his glasses off just like dharmesh does... the only reason i think it must not have been him but a look alike is when i kept staring at him, he didn't start sweating and rub the back of his hand across his mouth...😆 😆
it was sooo funny

as long as i'm on i want to throw in a couple of things...

1. i thought it has seemed clear for quite a long time that madhuri was really dharmesh's wife...i didn't understand the confusion on that issue.

2. i have always said that Varsha will become pregnant naturally (no offense to the doctors on board, but they are often wrong)  and not have to steal anyones baby...and it looks like that is the way the CV's are heading with it. 

3. Vaishali could have this child donate bone marrow to varun..without giving madhuri the baby !!!...it's not like you "sacrifice" the child -- the donating person still replenishes his/her own...both women in the end could and maybe should become friends...

4. I don't understand the attitude of most on the forum...it someone truly realizes their mistake and asks for forgiveness. ...you forgive.  especially between sisters and brothers (in law)...family.....holding grudges, demanding retribution...is so detrimental ...hurting the person who won't forgive more than the other...harboring hatred in your heart does no one any good and is foolish.. Manav and archu are wonderful examples of mature people in their quickness to forgive...others may think it's stupid and they should not be so easy...but reality in life is just the opposite....lest we think we are not capable of making mistakes...someday we may need to beg forgiveness...and will want it ... 

Edited by naava - 13 years ago
bonnefille thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Manav's doing everything good except for completely forgetting about his own family. i don't mind him forgiving Vaishu, Sulo, Varsha.....coz thats part of his nature. But distancing himself from his own family is something I myself not liking and don't even relate to manav's character. I mean wasn't manav....the most ideal son??? he's been endorsed like that since forever. So how can somebody make such a turnover. Didn't see archana ever neglecting K's even after they humiliated Manav and her too a million times. 

Have not seen the precap but read it....i somehow am seeing it as a step to manav-savita reunion. ðŸ˜• 

Sachin needs to be reunited with Shravani. He's being used just as a prop in the background. The story can move forward without Sachin.....there's no requirement for him. Although I want ArMan responsible for Sachin....my first choice will be always Shravani taking responsibility of sachin. Why should foster parent take care of sachin when original is available as a better alternative. These CVs bring in weird twists and don't know how to set it right afterwards.

Although have to say PR is getting lil interesting except for some glaring flaws.

Biggest flaw needed to set right is that Manav should start taking care of his family.....because seriously in real world they are living without any source of income.....and with inflation on rise in India.....they should be starving and on the streets by now. At present even middle class thinks twice before buying onions.....Deshmukhs don't have one rupee also flowing in the house. And the the audience that most watches this show....relates to this kind of stuff. 
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: naava

4. I don't understand the attitude of most on the forum...it someone truly realizes their mistake and asks for forgiveness. ...you forgive.  especially between sisters and brothers (in law)...family.....holding grudges, demanding retribution...is so detrimental ...hurting the person who won't forgive more than the other...harboring hatred in your heart does no one any good and is foolish.. Manav and archu are wonderful examples of mature people in their quickness to forgive...others may think it's stupid and they should not be so easy...but reality in life is just the opposite....lest we think we are not capable of making mistakes...someday we may need to beg forgiveness...and will want it ... 

It is this "quickness to forgive" part that i frankly dont like in them .. yes ArMan have a wonderful capacity to "love and forgive" .. but I just wish it was more gradual ..
Honestly , I would have liked to see manav take some time before he again interacted with vaishu normally , I would have liked it , if he was polite but distant with her , and if vaishu asked him whether he has forgiven her or not , I would have liked him to have replied something on the lines of  " It is going to take some time for me to get over the past incidents " and not reply directly to the forgiveness question ...

Edited by lunza - 13 years ago
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
its ok to forgive and forget..sum people have the capacity,good for thm..bt dnt become such "forgiving" people tht people walk all over u..see the problem in soaps is tht the "lead" whether male or female has the problem of catering to the whims and fancies of people who take thm for granted and at the same time force their thinking on those who care for thm..i find THT irritating..not talking abt ArMan in particular,tho they also have this habit,bt most shows..

Originally posted by: lunza

It is this "quickness to forgive" part that i frankly dont like in them .. yes ArMan have a wonderful capacity to "love and forgive" .. but I just wish it was more gradual ..
Honestly , I would have liked to see manav take some time before he again interacted with vaishu normally , I would have liked it , if he was polite but distant with her , and if vaishu asked him whether he has forgiven her or not , I would have liked him to have replied something on the lines of  " It is going to take some time for me to get over the past incidents " and not reply directly to the forgiveness question ...

in real life, many extremists who keep a grudge, should learn from forgive and forget motto of ArMAn. but also, like lunza said, it should have been gradual. i understand that vaishu's problems take precedence over harboring anger, but also, vaishu's mistakes have not been silly.
vaishu had NO reason to hate manav. she followed her husband's lead, who still had some reason to dislike manav. i understand that colored her view of him. BUT is there ANY reason, she should call her Jeeju manhoos in front of the whole party, look down on him?, insult him on any level?
has manav personally given her any grief?, ruined things for her? she did all this, knowing that manav wont say anything. gradually, knowing that manav WONT SAY anything empowerd vaishu (and others) to insult him. 

also, if vaishu didnt like him, cuz of dharmesh, then at the least, she should have maintained a neutral silence. why say anything, afterall, manav hasnt done anything to you!

keeping all this in  mind, i feel, manav should have been MORE gradual (like lunza said) in forgiving her. 
Edited by tiya229 - 13 years ago
pallai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lunza

@ naava
so should vaishali forgive dharmesh immediately if he asks forgiveness from her? 
naava thumbnail
@ lunza and anu rutz.... you both make valid points... however what i am trying to say is this....i am older than most on the forum and over many years have watched struggles in my own family, my husband's family and blended families...in addition i spent over 12 years running an organization that helped individuals and also people groups deal with the issue of forgiveness...... and i have to say that both in the families and between the people groups. those people who were able to forgive relatively quickly, letting go of the anger and hurt, were the healthiest, the happiest and able to move on with their lives with greater healing than those who held on the grudge for a while longer..unable to really forgive...testing, punishing etc.  

but there IS a difference between letting people walk all over you which anu mentioned..and u are right dear,  that is not at all good...and in being mature in your forgiveness...and you are right ...indians soaps have a way of showing victim-like forgiveness....  but what i see in manav this time...for the first time...is the mature type of forgiveness...i saw strength in him...not the "look at the floor" manav from before...and that's what i am cheering on this PR right now...and hope it sets a new beginning for the Indian serials...  😛
pallai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

@ lunza and anu rutz.... you both make valid points... however what i am trying to say is this....i am older than most on the forum and over many years have watched struggles in my own family, my husband's family and blended families...in addition i spent over 12 years running an organization that helped individuals and also people groups deal with the issue of forgiveness...... and i have to say that both in the families and between the people groups. those people who were able to forgive relatively quickly, letting go of the anger and hurt, were the healthiest, the happiest and able to move on with their lives with greater healing than those who held on the grudge for a while longer..unable to really forgive...testing, punishing etc.  

but there IS a difference between letting people walk all over you which anu mentioned..and u are right dear,  that is not at all good...and in being mature in your forgiveness...and you are right ...indians soaps have a way of showing victim-like forgiveness....  but what i see in manav this time...for the first time...is the mature type of forgiveness...i saw strength in him...not the "look at the floor" manav from before...and that's what i am cheering on this PR right now...and hope it sets a new beginning for the Indian serials...  😛

i agree wit  u on this post u r right, one needs to sometimes forgive and move on..
but where to draw the line is the question... 
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

naava dear its not a 'new beginning' at all .This is the most common trend of Indian serials .......to show hero heroines like GODS and GODDESSES instead of simple human beings with 'normal emotions'

I agree that being able to forgive quickly is healthy . But one must have the maturity to not distribute forgiveness like FREE PEANUTS to all and sundry especially when one has encountered EVIL in the form of DISGUSTING SNOBBERY that repeatedly tom tommed the social evil of CLASS DISTINCTION . I feel here , caution has to be exercised . One can forgive from the heart silently ...........Manav can do his bit in bringing his sister in law who once insulted him home , but we can see him maintaining a stiff silence about TALKING to her .......to drive the point home that what she did was WRONG and that even POOR PEOPLE have their SELF RESPECT .

When the virtue of forgiveness is comprehended as ZERO SELF RESPECT it becomes a PROBLEM . Forgive in such a way that u rise as a human but u don't lose ur SELF RESPECT . And currently Manav has NONE .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 13 years ago
naava thumbnail

Originally posted by: pallai

@ naava
so should vaishali forgive dharmesh immediately if he asks forgiveness from her? 

hi pallai....i was waiting for that question and have been thinking about it... first i don't think one can compare the immaturity of the K' sisters. V & V to the conniving lying nature of dharmesh... nor can one compare the hurt and betrayal vaishali has sustained from dharmesh to the hurt manav received from the girls.... dharmesh's forgiveness request will probably not be genuine...so no, one shouldn not forgive an insincere request for forgiveness.   But let's assume something happens to Dharmesh and suddenly he realizes what an a** he has been... and genuinely asks forgiveness of both women, manav, etc...(that would be the test of his sincerity that he realized he had treated badly ALL these people..)   The healthiest happiest solution for Vaishali would be for her to forgive him, yes.  It takes maturity and it takes an inner strength...but believe me it is by far the best solution for moving on in life ...  it would be wonderful in my estimation for the new strength and maturity that is emerging in manav to be an example for the rest of the family.....both families...Savita could learn from her son...
Edited by naava - 13 years ago