Dutta's virtuous hatred VS Seema's enchantment - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
@shilpita

maybe...maybe not....but one thing is for sure..what she feels even today for dutta is not love...love is selfish and compassionate like Nakku's.

Seema is finally seeking refuge for herself and is probably mistaking her quest for love unlike Nakusha who lives for Dutta.

And Shilpita , I am now waiting for your next OS and I get a feeling that you may be working on it already. ๐Ÿ˜†

Sorry..typo mistake....i typed selfish instead of selfless...just realized while reading your reply....LOL

By the way what gave me away about next OS???๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰

Hey Shilpi,

I did pick it up hence the fact that I highlighted the difference between Seema seeking refuge unlike Nakusha living for Dutta.๐Ÿ˜‰

As to you writing that OS now, a sixth sense borrowed from a certain DSP on celluloid does wonders!๐Ÿ˜† So hurry up and BTW I am also waiting for your next instalment on "Second Chances"

Kavi๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
@mozart66

Hey Kavita! Lovely post as usual!! Your insightful writing makes me always put on my thinking cap!

It has been a year since DSP walked into the life of Nakusha and us. What a sea of change this character has undergone in this one year! Just some flashback scenes highlighted the fact that Naku who was strong mentally till now has to show some amazing physical strength too to bear with all the explosive situations around her! Dutta too has changed in the way he is reacting and yet has retained his "virtuous" or "rightful" hatred towards Seema! The hatred is the same but the way the reaction came out of him was mixed with pity! It just shows that Dutta has long gone forgotten Seema as a girl but just remembers her dhoka! Why else would he have controlled the anger when he realized it was Seema? He literally broke loose after Naku's FR or his first wedding with Naku! That intensity is subdued now! He is slowly getting his anger under control and when he learns this he will be able to guage people better and it won't then be difficult for him to realize who the real culprits are!

Seema on the other hand hasn't changed at all according to me! She is still the same greedy girl whose thinking power is very limited! Else how can she even think that she will ask for forgiveness from Dutta and expect him to accept her back as if nothing happened? Is she still a child who broke her friend's toy and said sorry and got back to play with him? This immature creature Seema is simply slipping deeper and deeper into the blackhole where she will eventually not find a way back from. Pity! Life could have taught her to be more mature! But this materialistic woman simply wasted that chance and now her "redemption" doesn't sound like it at all!

Anyway, lovely analysis Kavita! I allways look forward to your write-ups as they make me think!
[/QUOTE]

Dear Manju,

Love the fact that my friends do push me to strive harder...thank you for the encouragement.

You are right in highlighting the "sea change" in Dutta and his more rational approach towards himself as shown in the thought processes when he overhears Seema's conversation about his death and her delusions". Yes, it is very much to the calming influence of Nakusha's love but also much more the realisation that he should value life/love (which in his case is essentially Nakusha) after having escaped death yet again.

But this time, losing one of his sensory perceptions, wake him up to the realities of his futile and endless feud with Nakusha post the FR. And thank God for the fact that he had a point of reference this time represented by Seema who is the antithesis of love in all forms and shape for him. Being forced to perceive the unwanted presence of the one who betrayed him and set him on the path of crime and hate, he comes to terms with Nakusha's wafting freshness and total devotion.

As to Seema, I have already said so much about the woman...but I have got a nagging feeiling that we are not over and done with her yet...Somehow, I cant trust her and CVs will probably find a way of bringing her back in the LTL equation, once Dutta is safely back with Naku.

As Hazlitt, puts it: "Hatred is far more interesting than love. This can be seen throughout pop culture. Films and soap operas which tell simple stories of girl meets boy, girl and boy fall in love, girl and boy live happily ever after, simply do not exist. Nobody would want to watch such a storyline. Even at the level of entertainment, we need tension, drama, uncertainty, and excitement; and one way of achieving all of these things, perhaps the most obvious way, is to inject a littleโ€”or a lot ofโ€”hate into the equation. Hate, the very antithesis of love, stands so close to it as to be its evil and far more entertaining twin."

So we better brace ourselves for that, especially, if we want LTL to last as long as possible. ๐Ÿ˜•
๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ณ@chochu15]
Lovely post Kavita,

Y have described so beautifully.....Seema's intentions , her so called repentance....All her effort are for herself...she has not done anything  for Dutta....she has ot even tired to enquire how his life was after they parted ways....If Dutta has moved on or not.....if her life has taken such drastic turns then Dutta's too would have gone through some....more over even if she does not know of Dutta being married...She knows very well of Dutta having a mother..she no feeling as per what his family would be going through....she just does not care..

I too loved the way Dutta got restless hearing Seema's redemption plans....such a contrast to what he felt for Naku....he was angry with called her a traitor but could never get far away from her...was always pulled towars her...and he never did mind this pull..

I would love a dialogue from Dutta after D&N meet where he says that he does not mind her dark or fair color all he wants is to see her once...thus telling that now no prejudice against beauty can come between them..all barriers have been broken..as by being blind he has seen her from his Man ki aankh...

Dear Shishma,

Thank you for your lovely comments. Yes, the fact that she is not shown as having enquired about  Dutta's fate after her betrayal does show a certain shallowness that she had ten years ago. I said in one of my post that her thoughts have always come from the mind rather than her heart unlike Dutta and Nakusha who have always acted on the callings of their hearts, and the antithesis would have been always too marked for her to stand a second chance.

I, also, reiterate your wish to see an ultimate tete-a-tete between D&N, no holds barred, where both husband and wife would be able to air the cobwebs that have clouded their lives up to now and their perception of trust and togetherness. And that should happen because of the magnetism and sheer beauty that binds Tasha in an infallible relationship because of his heightened perceptions about pain, suffering and the agony that you are being accounted for dead and unable to reach out  to those you want to reassure first.

This track is dragging for sure, but witnessing Dutta going through the emotional and physical turmoil and slowly come to the point of self-realisation is very evocative and beautiful.

Kavita   ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ  

Sorry for coming bk so late to your post, but I have had a busy day yesterday!๐Ÿ˜›t Edited by KavitaDR - 13 years ago
@westboat]
KavitaDR,

God ... What's this? Unbelievable... U should be writer on this show .... far better writing... couldnt beleive people out here are so much involved in it and keep such level. So much of involvement is an addiction... not good...  U mst be thinking abt this show throught day or what? I  would like know from you. Indeed very good writing... I wish this actually happens in the show...

Regards,
westboat
[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum westboat.

I am just one of the many members of this forum who will do whatever it takes to ensure that LTL retains the essence of a dark fairy tale that has redefined the essence of love and relationships. We have all lived the ups and downs together and are still fighting to make sure that LTL gets its rightful place in the Hall of the Great TV shows in India.

It is addiction for sure but one that very few will give up without a fight and may very well find yourself joining the ranks so soon.๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Thank you for the vote of appreciation.๐Ÿ˜ณ

Kavita 
@prettywoman]

Hi Kavi

Needless to say amazing writing. Just my random thoughts on this.. I loved the word you used to describe Seema.. I have been trying to pinpoint that word and you have nailed it when you say delusional enchantment. I cannot use a better word to describe her current state of mind!

I am no fan of Seema, especially her attitude where she feels she can get back Dutta in her life after having put him through so much in life and how she can even think she will be the ideal partner to Dutta? But the only benefit of doubt I give her is her not knowing Dutta is a married man. She is not aware of this truth which will completely shake her and break her, so I can sort of understand her delusional thoughts, though in no way do I support it!

Yes, it has been extremely rewarding to see Dutta realise his follies on his own this time and not needing any 'outsider's' help. Also I find him very mellowed down during this track which goes to show the lengths to which Naku has transformed him with her love. The old Dutta would have finished off Seema and her chacha in a blink without ever giving her a moment to speak. I am loving this new patient, thinking, loving Dutta and he will surely be the perfect husband to Naku in every way she has ever dreamed.

I loved this quote  The supreme happiness in life is the assurance of being loved; of being loved for oneself, even in spite of oneself;.. it is a gem..

Coming to yesterday's episode, I read the reviews fisrt and was a bit sceptical. But to me, it was an ok episode. It did not feel weird to have Nakku wear D's coat.. for me it was like she was trying to gather strength from his love by wearing his clothes to feel close to him..and she did not try to be a don's wife, she tried to soothe and calm the people..

And what can I say about MR.. he is Dutta in every way possible for me. The man lives that role and emotes so well that it touches my soul. He uplifts every scene with his mere presence and strong screen presence. I have been spoiled by his perfect portrayal of Dutta that I don't think I would be able to enjoy or admire another TV character anytime soon! he has turned me into an addict for sure of Dutta and his 1001 expressions and nuances he brings on screen.. sigh

[/QUOTE]

Dear Vandu,

I hope that you do get to read my reply to your post...very delayed but I am sure you will understand. The week gone has been hectic and Saturday even more so.

You do join the army of those who have serious issues with Seema's attempts to hold on to Dutta and rightly so. What a cheek she has, today she feels lost  and . perhaps, it's the natural rhythm of things, the low that follows the high. Or perhaps it's a quiet grief for the things she has left behind--not that they aren't better off in the past. But the ego clings to what it knows. The worse and most unacceptable as far as i am concerned is that consciousness about the enormity of what she is hankering after is not even subdued. It is, extremely, hard to gauge how the CVs intend to "unblend" her form the current track but the acrimonious pace and the possibilities of a looming dragfest even next week makes me think that we are all in for a long wait.

As to the slow and very visible transformation of the once thunderous Dutta is a positive which we should attribute to the calming effect of Nakusha's enduring love and endless patience. For the first time, Dutta is shown sitting down and reflecting on things in a more rational manner. And I am almost gnawing at my nails waiting for Monday to see if this subdued (by the recognition of Nakusha as the only one to have taken his emotional abuse all in the name of love/loyalty/devotion) Dutta is able to sense the urgency of informing Nakusha about his being alive.I was happy to see him delve deep within the well of repentance that he accessed when confronted with the truth of what he has done and the reality of what he represents in relation to his own self first and then to Nakusha. Friday's episode was so much better but I am somehow peeved by AS' reaction once again and feel so bad for Nakusha.  
So CV's please get our Gadha to pick up that phone ASAP and put an end to that masquerade in PN.

Kavi๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by KavitaDR - 13 years ago
@divy609
Excellent writing Kavita The topic title Dutta's Virtuous Hatred ...... What a start๐Ÿ‘
Never have I thought that hatred for someone is good but for Dutta More than ever Dutta hating Seema now since he knows that her intentions are not good  , She not only wants to save him but also Own him ....... He hates her more He feels disgusted at the very thought of it........Truly a Virtuous one........Dutta's self-realization is the one to watch out for I want to see more introspection by Dutta More FBs and yeah once they are together I want a talk abt this btw them

Seema's enchantment .......I don't quite get that one.......How does she think Dutta would not have moved on in his life .......So many things have happened in her life Then doesn't she care to think about Dutta's ..........Dutta has a family , a AS Will a mother leave her son who has lost his first love Will she not ask him to marry another girl.......So many sins she's committed and is still commiting and still expects to be forgiven๐Ÿ˜ตShe's so selfish Even if she'd read the column completely I doubt she's have decided to send Dutta back immediately
2day's track I don't know what to expect I soo wanna see the phone call But well Let's see.......
A Hopeless Dutta addict Yeah!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Thank you Divya,

It is probably the most delayed response to this thread....do remonstrate if you feel like it, I wont mind at all, another Hopeless Dutta addict will understand...๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Well you got to see the introspection that you so much wanted with Dutta ultimately going on his knees acknowleging his stupidity for not having made amends earlier to Nakusha. It broke my heart to see him repressing those tears when the realisation that he may never contemplate Nakusha again because of his blindness. This must have been one of the most touching scenes that we got to see after such a long time. FBs may abound and hopefully he will be able to exorcise those fears and that pain when he goes back to Nakusha.

As to Seema's enchantment (the reason why I came back to this thread), I just wanted to clarify on the fact that it is delusional enchantment that you should read. Seema will have to learn the hard way that  there cannot possibly be an "us" when it comes to Dutta - there never was--yet she's lived in the idea of it since a few days. Getting the chance to see Dutta after ten years was a way for her to remember how she had shattered the dream of a simple yet happy life.

And now this dream is forever broken and  it's a sign that Dutta will be, finally, freed from all attachments to anything that never was. It starts with Seema, and eventually, Kala/Suds, Leela/Roops(?) and a world of crime and grime.

Will see you on the next thread.

Kavita
(Another hopeless Dutta addict)๐Ÿ˜ณ

@KavitaDR.  It is somewhat late in my response but wanted to add the thougts on Dutta's character on forgiveness and acceptance into becoming as close to what most would term God's desire of all mankind. What I will include in my response post are some of Mahatma Gandhi's Quotes that I believe Dutta must now accomplish with everyone in his present and future life to achieve this status and become the person Nakusha sees within himself.  There may be many who may disagree but this forum was meant for just this we agree to disagree.

Mahatma Gandhi. Quotes

"Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well".

"As long as you derive inner help and comfort from anything, keep it".

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes".

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony".

"Hate the sin, love the sinner".

"Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress".

"I want freedom for the full expression of my personality".

"In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth".

"Indolence is a delightful but distressing state; we must be doing something to be happy".

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err".

"One needs to be slow to form convictions, but once formed they must be defended against the heaviest odds".

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will".

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong".

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it".

"You must be the change you want to see in the world".

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty".

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind".

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err. It passes my comprehension how human beings, be they ever so experienced and able, can delight in depriving other human beings of that precious right".

"I think it would be a good idea". 

Thanks for the awesome analytical post as always.
Aneesa
Edited by nizam13 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by nizam13

@KavitaDR.  It is somewhat late in my response but wanted to add the thougts on Dutta's character on forgiveness and acceptance into becoming as close to what most would term God's desire of all mankind. What I will include in my response post are some of Mahatma Gandhi's Quotes that I believe Dutta must now accomplish with everyone in his present and future life to achieve this status and become the person Nakusha sees within himself.  There may be many who may disagree but this forum was meant for just this we agree to disagree.

Mahatma Gandhi. Quotes

"Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well".

"As long as you derive inner help and comfort from anything, keep it".

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes".

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony".

"Hate the sin, love the sinner".

"Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress".

"I want freedom for the full expression of my personality".

"In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth".

"Indolence is a delightful but distressing state; we must be doing something to be happy".

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err".

"One needs to be slow to form convictions, but once formed they must be defended against the heaviest odds".

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will".

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong".

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it".

"You must be the change you want to see in the world".

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty".

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind".

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err. It passes my comprehension how human beings, be they ever so experienced and able, can delight in depriving other human beings of that precious right".

"I think it would be a good idea". 

Thanks for the awesome analytical post as always.
Aneesa

Dear Aneesa,๐Ÿ˜Š

Do not worry about the dissidence. ๐Ÿ˜ƒThis is what the forum is all about. Apart from @droopy-asleep who chose to adopt a neutral stance, there seems to have been a general consensus that it is next to impossible for Dutta to forgive Seema. I do empathise with all those who believe that forgiveness is necessary if we are to put the past behind us and move on as it is the fair and compassionate thing to do, since we have all sinned and we have all hurt others. This is treacherous ground as forgiveness is not always possible, especially so, when we have not been given permission or the choice not to forgive.

Some psychotherapists even moot that forgiveness is not necessary for healing, and in some cases it may not be the healthiest thing to do. This is especially true when forgiving is tantamount to giving permission to hurt you again. Sometimes one does need to hold onto the very thing that prevents one from forgiving in order to cope and survive, i.e. anger as it can be a powerful motivator for those who have been victimised. Dutta's anger goes deep down the years during which he forfeited his dreams for a quiet, peaceful and loving life because of a woman's greed and avarice and embraced a life of crime. It is this very hatred that allowed Dutta to fight his way back from this most devastating trauma/anger which helped him face the pain. Hopefully, there will come a time when he will no longer need this anger of feeling of hatred and when this happens, he will be able to look at forgiveness as a viable option.

The most important question that we should ask ourselves is whether Seema will come to some form of self-realisation and openly admit that what she did was wrong and that she does not desire anything but forgiveness and go away for good. The indications in the last episodes, on the contrary, showed us a woman wanting to hold on to Dutta with the hope of winning his love back. And, this is not acceptable when she did not even show any interest and ask the latter as to what became of him over the years and whether he is still free.

Luv,

Kavita๐Ÿ˜ณ