Dutta's virtuous hatred VS Seema's enchantment

Posted: 13 years ago

Were we ever compelled to confront the possibility that hatred could be a virtue and that we could, possibly, be ardent supporters or peddlers of hate, we would be ashamed and deny the case but yesterday's episode of LTL set my mind at rest in the sense that if hatred be the only way to walk the path of self-righteousness, so be it. Being a, totally, hopeless Dutta addict, I could not but approve the latter's abhorrence for anything, remotely, connected to the root cause of all his misfortune and long sufferance, I have got no qualms to concede that hate could indeed be virtuous as it is this very hatred that is going to take him back to Nakusha, the love of his life after having put to rest all the demons of his past. Especially, now that Seema seems to be losing all sense of reality and slipping into a state of delusional "enchantment" that she could possibly rekindle the feelings Dutta ever harboured for her, despite the news article confirming the existence of Dutta's wife.

I will confess that the lecherous handling of Seema by Chaskar on Tuesday, momentarily, evoked pity and I thought that her attempts to seek redemption were commendable after having lived a "life of sin" but yesterday's thoughtless declaration that Dutta could forgive her and accept her back in his life gave us all the creeps and throws Seema right back in the throes of hell and robs us all of any sense of charity for her. It may sound extremely harsh but realities, always, have been.

One may well argue that Dutta's "virtuous hatred" denotes a wish to discover or amend his own faults without atoning for his obstinate adherence to his own beliefs and perception about trust by the most virulent intolerance to human frailties as shown in his ill-treatment of Nakusha right from the first forceful marriage and his unbridled reactions post Nakusha's FR. It was only after being, literally, pushed to the deepest recesses of physical as well as the mental torture of being deprived, firstly, of one of his senses (sight) and being separated from his family, especially, his wife that he has finally understood the value and reverence he owes Nakusha for her unswerving loyalty/love/deference towards him and his family despite his continuous and vicious allegations of her being a traitor. Thankfully, he sets on the path of redemption on his own with no third party oral or subliminal prompting (as in the case of Jagtap or Subbalaxmi), but that is at the price of redeeming hate. Dutta, suddenly, became too wise, whilst Seema became more foolish than she had ever been by rejecting Dutta in the first place ten years ago. And we wonder why both did not come to any form of self-realisation before.

Seema, shown as desirous of appropriating someone else's husband represents the quintessence of fallen humanity and how could we, now stop ourselves from hating her character as much as Dutta hates her with every breath and fibre of his being. Seema in this one instant displays that aspect of fallen human nature which is the necessary counterpart to the central human difficulty: our insatiable need to love ourselves despite everything and she loses the little respect Dutta or anyone could have granted her for saving the latter's life. She has, consciously, sounded the death knell for herself and she will be condemned to be perpetually dissatisfied and roaming from one experience or creaturely object (Chaskar as a perfect example) to another, striving to satisfy with finite things that which could only be satisfied by love which would have been in her case her personal redemption by gifting the blessings of happiness and love to the young man she once loved by taking him back to his wife. Alas for Seema, and, thankfully, for Nakusha and Dutta, her illusory and fleeting sense of "fulfilment" in the belief that she has been given another chance by the Gods will leave her craving for love eternally.

And what about Dutta's redemption and can we, now be assured that his hatred for the woman who brought him to his knees ten years ago is driven by the right motives? The answer is yes and this new Dutta, loving his wife will tender to their love with sensitivity, trust, confidence and the safe and certain knowledge that doing so will give him the necessary reality check on himself and all the relationships around him. I would like to quote Victor Hugo in the context of Dutta's impairment and his realisation of what Nakusha represents to him."We may remark in passing that to be blind and beloved may, in this world where nothing is perfect, be among the most strangely exquisite forms of happiness. The supreme happiness in life is the assurance of being loved; of being loved for oneself, even in spite of oneself; and this assurance the blind man possesses. In his affliction, to be served is to be caressed. Does he lack anything? No. Possessing love he is not deprived of light. A love, moreover, that is wholly pure. There can be no blindness where there is this certainty." Dutta has at long last snapped out of his self-denial after going through the physical pain of not being able to reach out to Nakusha, but yet mentally, convinced that the latter is out there searching the darkness that has, momentarily, shrouded both of them. Dutta will soon be able to complete the cycle which would allow his regeneration from beast to a better human being. He will now be able to look into Seema's eyes and thank her, albeit with hatred, for opening the doors of a world where he discovered the real meaning of selfless and unconditional love.

Hats off to Mishal Raheja for the magnificent portrayal of a man wounded in his soul and so scared of occupying the "corrupted space" inhabited by Seema, that he literally "retched" and pulled his kurta when he heard Seema talking about her hopes of winning him back. Except for the fact that CVs needed to have Dutta acknowledge his conscience loud and clear, we could have done away with this monologue, so effective was Mishal. If anybody could have projected hatred as being a virtue, it is Mishal who will never cease to amaze us. It is a pity that Praneeta Sahu (Seema) and the Chacha are just run of the mill ordinary actors as had they been able to match MR's flawless performance, they would have elevated this track to unseen heights through a measured use of screen psychology. We will have to be content with MR.  

I have not watched today's episode as yet and it would seem that CV's have opted to leave us all high and dry after raising our expectations about Dutta's call to Nakusha. Delusional "enchantment" does not seem to be exclusively Seema's forte and I just read that Nakusha has set out the landscapes of Patil Wadi wielding a gun (nothing unusual'.her own hubby started her initiation) to calm down the inhabitants of Patil Wadi. Had we had the phone conversation today, it would have been some consolation to mark the 1st anniversary of Dutta's entry in Nakusha's life and weaving magic on screen. So let us continue with what we do best on the Forum by carrying on with our minute dissection of every scene and aspect of a show that seems to keep us gripped despite all the bloopers and conceptual setbacks. This is what I would qualify as redeeming love merging with Dutta's redeeming hatred one year onwards.

Would love to read your comments.😳

Luv,

Kavita😊

Edited by KavitaDR - 13 years ago
A very nice post Kavita.
I even liked ur last post.Your writing style seems like that of a journalist,are u by profession?
The way u make ur points step by step ,a simple reader like me can only admire.

But after reading ur post,i have this tiny- winy doubt about dutta's self realisation.Will he be able to retain his self realisation this time?
In the past it always been others who have made him realise about nakku & in stressful condition ,he forgets everything & just his anger takes over.

I personally like dutta with all his flaws but then i also hope that this time he really redeem himself.

Sorry if none of this makes any sense,just thought of expressing.

Pooja😊
Hey Kavita🤗
Once again kavita Beautifully written👏Loved the way u always explain 😉just outstanding yaar....I don"t know what more to say 😃....u wrote it all....But will try 😆

So Today is the day DSP made an entry into our and naku"s lives....And after that it was never the same😍...I know its a high time and a right time to Redeem himself ...Love always meant as dhokha for him ...He has been through alot in life ...From falling in love with seema...his first love and she betrayed him.....Then came our naku ...as an angel in his life .....Telling him to trust in love and accept Sups ...but poor him no luck ...he got betrayed again and lost his trust in love and this time in friendshipBut our naku is no less she took all the tourture and pain ...and stood by him ....😃....And then came there marriage and FR....And we came back to square one again...But now dutta understands the value and love of naku....u know when u are far from ur love u understands its true value.....i wanaa see dutta redeeming himself ...😍give her all the love and respect she deserves ....waiting eagerly for the reunion ......

Omg seema i don"t even wanna talk about that woman...she is so selfish ....i have no pity for her...she dug her own grave .....she betrayed dutta and now when she see"s him again wants to keep him ...Like he some trophy ......Btw u cannot force someone to love u and hold someone back....Even if u do its just momentraily,,
i don"t think she knows the fact ..that dutta is married ...may be she just read the headlines😕or if she knows then she don"t want him to go...she is taking the adavatage of him been Blind 😔...But iam happy for the fact ki Dutta knows she is seema and wants to get away from her......
More then dutta now i want Cvs to redeem this track ...Enough of all this dragging ...I agree the story is moving a bit ...But i still feel its faster then a snail😆but slower then a tourtise😆....I hope the pick up nxt week...Lets what more twists and turns Cvs has stored in for us ....waiting for tomorrow"s epi .....Sorry for my boring and senseless rantings🤣i know it don"t make any sense....But thanx for the wonderful post .....👍🏼👏....u rock⭐️
U take care and see ya around....
Lots of love and hugs suhana🤗

@preety_219
A very nice post Kavita.
I even liked ur last post.Your writing style seems like that of a journalist,are u by profession?
The way u make ur points step by step ,a simple reader like me can only admire.

But after reading ur post,i have this tiny- winy doubt about dutta's self realisation.Will he be able to retain his self realisation this time?
In the past it always been others who have made him realise about nakku & in stressful condition ,he forgets everything & just his anger takes over.

I personally like dutta with all his flaws but then i also hope that this time he really redeem himself.

Sorry if none of this makes any sense,just thought of expressing.

Pooja😊
[/QUOTE]
Dear Pooja,

Thank you for having the patience to go through the long posts. I do love all the fictional aspect of LTL but this show, more than love and its flaws has been a revelation in terms of an important aspect of the psychology of relationships and that is what has fascinated me always. Of course, Dutta/MR has a huge part to play on the grip that this dark love story has on all of us.

I am not at all surprised by your tiny winy doubt about Dutta's self-realisation but the loss of our sensory perception (any one) opens up the doors of contemplation and sharpens our sixth sense. He has known all through the ordeal that Naku has endured because of his persistence to wallow in self-denial about her importance in his life. Could it be  male chauvinism that had stopped up to now from acknowleging the fact that it is pointless to refuse the ultimate truth about his feelings and sense of dependence for a woman who completes him in almost every way possible?

Lots have been said about it an I feel that it is now in the interest of LTL's survival to move the story forward....so the self-realisation may very well be here for good. I would, like you, still like him to retain many of the flaws that make and complete the Dutta we love. Dark sheeps have always been irresistible and DSP is one of a kind.

As to your first question....I would love to say yes....May be in another life!😆

Luv,

Kavita
Beautiful analysis Kavita, you are truly a very gifted writer!
As a viewer, I think we tend to be biased towards a certain actor or a certain character. Hence, as errant as Dutta may be, he is still and will the hero, fallible one albeit. To us, Seema has been presented as this gold digger, who knew nothing but to achieve higher status in society, get rich...but fate had a different path for her. Now she is trying to redeem herself and so is Dutta. Dutta has realized that he was wrong in not trusting Naku, and is trying his level best to get back to her.
Both are being selfish to a certain extent, to make amends for their faults.

The only selfless character in the series in Nakusha. Always living for others.
So in this question, I dont either is guilt free, neither is Dutta not is Seema. They are both trapped in their own world, and although we may seem to "like" Dutta's hatred for the sheer brilliance of its potrayal, its not very different from what Seema gave Dutta - hate, yes she betrayed him, but so did Dutta. He betrayed Naku and Baaji's trust, and he is going to have to work a great deal more to get them back.

So, as a biased viewer I say, Dutta's hatred, but as an analyst, I say I am neutral here, since we are at core selfish human beings.
Originally posted by droopy_asleep

As a viewer, I think we tend to be biased towards a certain actor or a certain character. Hence, as errant as Dutta may be, he is still and will the hero, fallible one albeit. To us, Seema has been presented as this gold digger, who knew nothing but to achieve higher status in society, get rich...but fate had a different path for her. Now she is trying to redeem herself and so is Dutta. Dutta has realized that he was wrong in not trusting Naku, and is trying his level best to get back to her.

So in this question, I dont either is guilt free, neither is Dutta not is Seema. They are both trapped in their own world, and although we may seem to "like" Dutta's hatred for the sheer brilliance of its potrayal, its not very different from what Seema gave Dutta - hate, yes she betrayed him, but so did Dutta. He betrayed Naku and Baaji's trust, and he is going to have to work a great deal more to get them back.

So, as a biased viewer I say, Dutta's hatred, but as an analyst, I say I am neutral here, since we are at core selfish human beings.

In bold- I agree. I think we've maybe forgotten that Dutta has insulted and treated both Baji and Naku a lot. We've been putting up with his taunts since the face rev. We've seen him push Naku causing that injury. Amongst all that hoo-ha about Dutta losing his sight, Seema's secret out, the potential phone call, 1 thing has sort of been ignored. That is the fact that Dutta has to well and truly make up for all the hurt he has caused. I want him to apologise to the both of them for what he has said.
@droopy_asleep

[/QUOTE]

Thank you...Its a pity I do not have a name to associate with your username. Anyways, Thank you and yes you are right that we are, basically, biased on the forum and I do say so in the premise of my thread but Dutta's redemption of such a strong feeling as that of hatred could be plausible because it relates the story of a decade of self-mutilation and self-harm that he has inflicted on himself first and foremost and others or rather Nakusha in particular.

It is a pity that beyond that image of the Don who falls in love with a girl he saves from a life of depravity, the CV's have not told us the story of Dutta's progression as a small time sniper who became the Don of Patil Wadi except for the grandeur or magnanimousness that he acquired during this long painful journey. Had this been the case, we would not entertain any doubts. I wrote in an earlier post of mine that this track will provide the framework for the much needed closure for Dutta on his horrendous past. It has been painful and will most probably be so for quite a while yet to see him oscillating on conflicting emotions for Nakusha to the point that it would seem that he has been deliberately indulging in some form of emotional mutilation that he drowns in his regular bouts of drunkenness these days without much "concern" for Nakusha (in spite of the fact that we know he cares). Seema changed his life for the worse, Supriya added insult to injury and Nakusha was meant to heal all the wounds  that Dutta let fester his soul to the point that he has no notion of  how his self-harming must be destructive for Nakusha and her belief systems.

So yes, I will meet you somewhere and admit that in spite of all that transpired, Dutta still has a selfish bone sowewhere. The only difference between him and Seema is that he would not ever hold on to someone he hates as his self-preservation has always been foremost in his life up to now. And this is the very reason, he finds himself robbed of his eyesight today and at the mercy of the elements until he finds a way to get back to PN. As to his working hard to seek forgiveness from Baaji and Nakusha, has'nt he started already sweating aimlessly in a kotha of all places where he has had to forgo his massive pride because of his inability at the moment to do anything. He will realise that the two persons who have always pledged him unconditional shower need to be given full respect when he, finally, apologise for his shorcomings.

Edited by KavitaDR - 13 years ago
@suhana19
Hey Kavita🤗
Once again kavita Beautifully written👏Loved the way u always explain 😉just outstanding yaar....I don"t know what more to say 😃....u wrote it all....But will try 😆

So Today is the day DSP made an entry into our and naku"s lives....And after that it was never the same😍...I know its a high time and a right time to Redeem himself ...Love always meant as dhokha for him ...He has been through alot in life ...From falling in love with seema...his first love and she betrayed him.....Then came our naku ...as an angel in his life .....Telling him to trust in love and accept Sups ...but poor him no luck ...he got betrayed again and lost his trust in love and this time in friendshipBut our naku is no less she took all the tourture and pain ...and stood by him ....😃....And then came there marriage and FR....And we came back to square one again...But now dutta understands the value and love of naku....u know when u are far from ur love u understands its true value.....i wanaa see dutta redeeming himself ...😍give her all the love and respect she deserves ....waiting eagerly for the reunion ......

Omg seema i don"t even wanna talk about that woman...she is so selfish ....i have no pity for her...she dug her own grave .....she betrayed dutta and now when she see"s him again wants to keep him ...Like he some trophy ......Btw u cannot force someone to love u and hold someone back....Even if u do its just momentraily,,
i don"t think she knows the fact ..that dutta is married ...may be she just read the headlines😕or if she knows then she don"t want him to go...she is taking the adavatage of him been Blind 😔...But iam happy for the fact ki Dutta knows she is seema and wants to get away from her......
More then dutta now i want Cvs to redeem this track ...Enough of all this dragging ...I agree the story is moving a bit ...But i still feel its faster then a snail😆but slower then a tourtise😆....I hope the pick up nxt week...Lets what more twists and turns Cvs has stored in for us ....waiting for tomorrow"s epi .....Sorry for my boring and senseless rantings🤣i know it don"t make any sense....But thanx for the wonderful post .....👍🏼👏....u rock⭐️
U take care and see ya around....
Lots of love and hugs suhana🤗

[/QUOTE]

Hey Suhana,

So happy to see you so early on the thread. No more bahanas now as you are, perfectly, able to decipher even my longish post. Thank you for that as I do let my fingers fly on the keyboard without restraint.
As you point out the loveless journey of pain that Dutta had to go through before Nakusha landed in his life demands redemption now on the part of D who will have to find the courage and the will to ask for forgiveness from Nakusha for whatever miseries he has heaped on her. But then, i am not worried about that as we know that the self-righteous man that he is is capable of asking for forgiveness as we saw him during the episode he proposed to Naku in PN.

I am aware that many on the forum still feel the need to defend Naku's part in the disaster that was the FR but had Dutta been informed prior, none of our protagonists would have found themselves in this situation. This happened in a serial but it also sent out a subliminal message to one of all on the importance of trust in any relationship. This major twist in his life with visual impairment as one of the consequences of all the mishaps above has already compelled him to reassess the importance of Nakusha in his life. He will, eventually, need to do the same as regards Baaji whilst re-evaluating all his relationships. He would have come full circle then. The redemption he seeks through an exorcism of the hatred that he has for Seema means emotional cleansing and he will find easier to give Nakusha the position and the love she deserves in his life.

The ball is seriously in the CV's court now. Lets see how long they decide to stretch the present drag fest.🥱🥱🥱

You take care.

Kavita

Somethings never change.Like the hindi proverb,"Sab badal saktaa hai lekin fithrath kabhi nahin badalti" (Everything changes but nature never does). How beautifully Chanda proved this to be so true while dreaming aloud outside D's door two days ago. Even today its I, Me,Myself for her. That this is somebody's son lying helpless & injured here while his mother is being told that her son is no more makes absolutely no difference to her.Did she think of that for even a second? That his family & the poor residents who depend on their sustenance on him do not even figure in her thinking.You don't have to be a noble & saintly like Nakusha Bhao Saab to think in this manner.Any normal & good hearted woman would first think of informing his immediate family of his safety. She barely manages a drunk chaskar how will she protect D against the armed & alert gang of his. The lack of surprise she exhibited after reading abt D in the papers clearly indicates she knew about D's profession & his life.Then she is also aware that D has his own army better equipped to protect him. So her justification of keeping him hidden falls flat miserably.

I'm nowpretty certain she loves herself even more than D.Does she think that the blood clot in his eyes will disappear on its own.What's with keeping him from proper medical attention relying on that joke of a doctor for his recovery? Or is it that she doesn't want him to regain his sight ever? So that he remains helpless & bound to her for life. I strongly believe the latter to be true. This is another vile side of a woman portrayed in LTL & its so true. The likes of Kala, Supriya & Chanda simply cannot think beyond themselves.

As for D taking this separation as an opportunity to realise how much he was wrong & how true Nakusha is, well that entire premise is so wrong. The present events in D's life is not to make him realise Nakkusha's worth.That he realised like 6 months ago.He said so to Aayi in no uncertain terms during the Suresh episode. The present track is there to make him realise how he ruined his life for a totally worthless woman like Chanda. That she is not fit to be thought of even let alone be obsessed over for a decade.Obsession over her betrayal. Now he can realise his folly & let the demonic vista of Chanda he had inflated across so many years fizzle out like a punctured balloon.She was & is not worth it.Period.He can now go home with one less wound.

I so wanted D asking his wife for an explanation for keeping him in the dark for 9 months. They were close friends even before the wedding. I wanted him to ask her if she feared for her safety or what other reason they might be for the lack of trust. I want to see what Nakusha comes up with.The members here emphatically say Nakusha is more wiser & candid than D. So I don't want any "haiwaano ki basti, Meri Aayi boli, Bappa boley, baajoowaali aunty boli" kind of explanation. I want a wise & candid explanation.

But looks like we are straightaway shunted to the D begging for forgiveness phase.That would also mean no more DSP, black kurta & the earrings. 😭Its back to the colourful sherwanis & the mooning pre-FR .But I know my beloved members 🤗 are dying to see that. So I'll just go with the flow I guess.

Superb post Kavita. ⭐️ Very well written.But like D when was the last time something u wrote wasn't superb?😳😊

Edited by ZubyDutta - 13 years ago
Reserved I will come back later 😛
Dear Kavita,

Superb post ....I missed the point that Seema must have read that Dutta wife is being called insane as she refuses to accept his death....and inspite of that Seema is dreaming to become Dutta's wife...is it another blooper or to show Seema's selfishness??

For me no matter how much you want a man, you cannot end up being his 2nd wife specially when the man hates you...the whole sequence has become foolish.

I must say MR is the best actor in LTL now...and unlike tha Anna or the jungle track he is not being supported hence the episodes are becoming laclusture, even Mahi had so much to prove yesterday but again has fallen flat....I am disappointed.

You know Kavita what hurts me is to see we write so much of our thoughts and our desires, in some posts our expectations and our imaginations are chalked out beautifully but then the creatives simply do not adhere to them...it is not expected they will come out with a winner in all tracks but even simple story can be said it a dramatic manner, with good performances, blooper free episodes and proper editing....that is for now....love Tin

Edited by tintiny - 13 years ago