Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
unfortunately yes preethi......uffffffff........y r v alwz made to do intezaar for each n evry thing??????????πŸ€”...........mjht se shuru hua tha yeh "intezaar ka silsila"...nw yahan also continuin........πŸ˜’
AWonderfulChaos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
arjun in checks!!!!!!!!😍
lookin cute!😳

'My new show is dedicated to my mother' - Arjun Bijlani

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 | 6:23:48 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     'My new show is dedicated to my mother' - Arjun Bijlani

Arjun Bijlani is back to television with yet another meaty lead role in Imagine's Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna...

Fans of Arjun Bijlani were heartbroken after Star One's Miley Jab Hum Tum went off air. They are still in their firm wish for the comeback of the show with its Season 3.  But that will have to wait, as Arjun is now back to television in a new avatar in Imagine's Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna.

The show will take off from today, February 1st, at 10.30 PM and at the outset, we have Arjun Bijlani in a candid chat with Tellybuzz, where he talks about his new show and his experience so far in the show.

What is your character in the show Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna?
My character name is Chandu, short for Chandrakant Bhosle who belongs to a middle class family. He is a well sorted guy, the good boy of the family who wants to prove himself and fulfill the dreams of the family. In the progress of time he meets Nirupama and falls in love with her in the very first sight. Problems arise because the areas where the lovers belong are rivals and the dwellers are not allowed to cross the territory. Hence the story revolves on how their love blossoms and surpasses the turmoil.

How different is the character from the others you have done?
The character of Alekh in Left Right Left was a complete ferocious guy, like Sarje Rao in this show. Mayank was a complete loverboy in Miley Jab Hum Tum which again was a huge hit. And now Chandu is a complete family boy.

What made you accept the show?
The reason why I am doing this show is because of my mom. She is a Maharashtrian and she loves Pavitra Rishta which has a Maharashtrian backdrop. She always used to ask me why I don't do such shows and I had promised that I will do such a show if I get a chance. And mom's blessings or God's grace, when the show came to me and I got to know of the backdrop, I was really happy to know it is Maharashtrian and accepted to do it. So this show is dedicated to my mom.

How does the track revolve in the show?
Here, the story is not just based on one particular character, but there are various parallel tracks wherein they show the relationship between my mother and father, the father and son relation with Sarje Rao and also my relation with the family and the brother. Simultaneously there is also the relation of Nirupama and her father, the relation of Niru and Chandu, and this what makes the show a complete package.  We are trying to make the show realistic and it indeed is one.

How easy or difficult was it to relate to the character Chandu?
I am a typical Mumbai boy, born and brought up here who knows the language of the city, even though I have not been a dweller in the rural areas. Also I belong to a Maharashtrian family where my mom is a Maharashtrian and our household language is Marathi which is an added advantage to me. I had also encountered the competitive spirit and the groupies in my previous place in Mahim. So when I gave the look test for the show, I think it got reflected which helped me get the show.

How is your off screen chemistry with Bhavna Khatri?
She is a very sweet girl and is three to four years younger to me. She is like a baby and she talks also like that too.

Kapil Nirmal plays your elder brother; how is your rapport with him?
Kapil is also a very experienced actor and a good performer. Right now we have just begun and once the character falls in place, we will have everything settled. I am really looking forward for more episodes because his character is amazing and is one of the best in the show. His character name is Sarje Rao and is the leader of the gang, but whatever be it, he loves his younger brother a lot.

This is your first show with Imagine TV how has been the experience?
It's been my first time always with every channel and I have never repeated a channel unless it  happens unintentionally.

This is a debut venture of Reliance Big Productions; how is it working with the production house?
I have not yet interacted much with the production house but I am sure that they are well prepared for the show and their production value is also very good.

Your name Chandu has been a little disappointing for the fans because it is an unusual name for a protagonist; what would you like to say about that?
It is not about the hero but about the characters and their life and in television that  is what makes the story going. Above all, Chandu is the pet name. Since it is a Maharashtrian based family living in a local area, he can't be called Rocky or Mayank because thers are not typical Maharashtrian names.

You have a lot of experienced people in the cast; how has it been working with them?
It is going to be a learning experience for me as they not only perform well, but teach well too and they teach you those things that you don't get to learn in an acting school but only from experience. They are going to share their experience with me from which I am going to take whatever best I can that would help me develop my acting.

Miley Jab Hum Tum has been a huge success after which people started expecting a lot from you; was it tough for you to make the decision for the next show?
Actually, it was because when you are associated with a long running show that was a huge hit, people are used to seeing you in a particular character and to break that and make yourself acceptable in a different character is difficult. But as an actor that's what the challenge is and that's what an actor needs to do. After Left Right Left people were skeptical of my character Mayank as they had a doubt whether I will be able to do a romantic lover boy character. But when the opportunity came, I did it and people liked it.  I have been testing myself and competing with myself. I want people to like my character and it is a fact that the success of the show depends on not just one actor but all the characters and it is a team work. And when everybody does their work very well, I am sure that the show will definitely do well.

Your chemistry with Rati had been loved by people, what would you like to say to your fans?
Like in films, even in television industry people cannot expect one particular couple to appear together all the time because that is unfair on the part of the actors. It is like banning them from doing other work and I do not think that my fans want me to do that. I appreciate their love and I would like to request them to give me a chance and give somebody else a chance, so that we prove that we can create some great chemistry as well. If Rati was in the show, I would have been more than happy but when she is not there in the show, I have no say on that. I am at the execution level and I just act. And now I wish my chemistry with Bhavna also gets accepted by people.

You have been associated with SAB TV, Star One and now Imagine TV; how has been the experience in these?
I have not spent so much of a time with the channel as of now. SAB TV has been good and today they have gone complete comedy with different genres in which they are doing great. Star One has been superb and it is really good for young men to portray the macho character with the youth touch.

What did you feel when Miley Jab Hum Tum went off air?
A television show is one thing that you can either drag for seven years or even finish it within thirty episodes if you want. But when you run out of content, it is always better to shut the show rather than stretching and dragging it. People should not feel bored with the show and a situation should not arise that the show went off air because it had no viewers. They should feel like they have a watched a two year long movie which was good and ended on a good note. But at the same time it is a fact that there are a lot of earnings for people associated with a show and it going off-air is unfortunate.

What would you like to tell your Fans, now that Pardes launches tonight?
I have always told them that I do not plan things. I just act and hope that my fans like me for whatever I do, and my hard work should payoff and it will happen only if they like it.  
Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
arjun is looking so handsome in this shirt..😍😍

Originally posted by: -Mehak

arjun is looking so handsome in this shirt..😍😍

yeah😍😍

purple suits him😳
@jainy: heya..long timeπŸ˜›
Jenny.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
hi shivi ...aaj badi tounge dikha rae ho😳.. πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: -Arti4ever-

hi shivi ...aaj badi tounge dikha rae ho😳.. πŸ˜†

lolzzπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

What made you accept the show?
The reason why I am doing this show is because of my mom. She is a Maharashtrian and she loves Pavitra Rishta which has a Maharashtrian backdrop. She always used to ask me why I don't do such shows and I had promised that I will do such a show if I get a chance. And mom's blessings or God's grace, when the show came to me and I got to know of the backdrop, I was really happy to know it is Maharashtrian and accepted to do it. So this show is dedicated to my mom.

i so love this ans😍
MrsJaimeFraser thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i have one suggestion..or like...something...Nikki di-since u r handling this............can u please change the first pic of his with something more drool worthy..........??????this is  a more tapori wala look............

i want the *at peace* Arjun here..........d one he has of that showtime December issue 2010 wala.......he looks ultra sweet n adorable n very so calm in that.......... 

well,only i u prefer..........😳
Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
debz......i hv already gt all d siggies done for AB AT dear......i told u all a few days ago na....i hv chosen 39 AB pics for d four AB AT siggies....n i hv gt them all....jst w8in for this thread to finish....n i can guarantee u all....evry1 will go 110% lalala ovr d new AB AT vich i will make....jst wait n watch ppl......😎
Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
wow!..triplet..waiting too drool on!, but we are being sooo slow!..πŸ₯±πŸ₯±, just 54 pages!..
Edited by -Mehak - 13 years ago