Edited by Xx_fehmida_xX - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago

Arjun Bijlani and Kapil Nirmal back with love story on Imagine..

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 | 7:37:58 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     Arjun Bijlani and Kapil Nirmal back with love story on Imagine..

Arjun Bijlani and Kapil Nirmal will play leads in Imagine's upcoming fiction launch 'Pardes Main Mila Koi'...

TellyBuzz had earlier reported that Imagine will be coming up with 4-5 fiction shows in the New Year that will be unique and entertaining love stories!!

Well, here is the first biggie that comes your way…

Reliance Big Productions will be coming up with a love story based on the lines of the movie 'West Side' titled 'Pardes Main Mila Koi'… The Bollywood movie Josh starring Shah Rukh Khan, Chandrachur Singh and Aishwarya Rai was also adapted from the Hollywood movie.

The channel and production house have roped in two big names to play the male leads in the show.

Our source states, Arjun Bijlani who was last seen in Miley Jab Hum Tum on Star One and Kapil Nirmal of Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat fame have been roped in to play the leads. Bhavna Khatri who essayed the title role in Imagine's Jamunia will play the female lead in the show".

This show was earlier titled 'Begaani Zameen' and was to have the backdrop of the rift happening in Mumbai between the Maharashtrians and the UPites. Earlier, Mukul Harish and a new face Benazir had been finalized as the leads of the show. However, the show went thro' creative changes and will now be a well-presented love story between a Maharasthtrian guy and a girl from the North side. Since the political aspect has been removed from the story line, the show has got new leads now.

We hear that Arjun Bijlani and Bhavna Khatri will play the love birds, while Kapil Nirmal will essay the girl's brother's role.

When contacted, Arjun Bijlani refused to comment, while Kapil asked us to call later.

We tried to get a confirmation from Saurabh Tewari, Programming Head, Imagine and Jayesh Patil, Fiction Head, Reliance Big Productions, but they remained unavailable for comments.

Guess this news comes as the best X'Mas and New Year gift to the loyal fans of Arjun and Kapil!! Well, remember, you heard this first on TellyBuzz..
DoNotMind thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Imagine launches 'Pardes Main Mila Koi Apna'

Thursday, January 20, 2011 | 5:22:08 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     Imagine launches 'Pardes Main Mila Koi Apna'

Imagine TV launches its new show, Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna, with Reliance Big Productions...

Tellybuzz has already reported about Imagine TV and Reliance Big Productions' debut venture Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna which will see a promising cast.

Announcing the show, Saurabh Tewari, Head Programming-Fiction, Imagine TV, said "Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna is a slice of a life story about Mumbai seen from the protagonist, Nirupama's point of view, and how she deals with the various trials and tribulations of a city life. The plot revolves around people of various sections, backgrounds and socio-economic status. It focuses on the day-to-day life style, the problems they face and how they overcome them. And amidst all this is Nirupama's love story with Chandu. We are optimistic that this unique story will surely resonate with the viewers."

After Miley Jab Hum Tum, Arjun Bijlani plays the charming boy, Chandu, in the show. Happy to be playing a Marathi boy, Arjun says "I am happy that I am playing a Marathi boy because my mom always wanted me to do a show with a Marathi family. Hence, I dedicate this role as a tribute to my mother."

With this show Bhavna Khatri is back again in Imagine TV in the lead role, Nirupama. "The role is really bold and strong when compared to Jamunia who has a great bonding with her father and the main reason she shifts to Mumbai is for her father's better medication." says Bhavna.

After portraying the royal Prince Yudhishtir in Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat, Kapil Nirmal is all set to portray Sarje Rao, the aamchi Mumbai and speaking about the role Kapil says "I play the character of Sarje Rao in the show who is a brat in the show but ironically born to a cop family. He loves his brother Chandu but has a problem with the other members of the family."

Speaking about the character and the novelty in the looks he says "In this show I am born in a Marathi family and I have certain dialogues in Marathi. I am learning the language and my costars are really helpful in that regard and I like it."

The show looks promising with the main cast and the with various other theatre artistes involved in the show.

The will go on floors from 1st February at 10:30pm on Imagine TV.

'Pardes Main Mila Koi Apna can only be set in Mumbai' - Saurabh Tewari

Friday, January 14, 2011 | 8:56:50 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     'Pardes Main Mila Koi Apna can only be set in Mumbai' - Saurabh Tewari

Saurabh Tewari, Head of Programing – Fiction, Imagine TV in conversation with TellyBuzz on the channel's next few fiction launches..

With the advent of the New Year, Imagine is looking forward to few new fiction launches in the first quarter. The channel has also made way for their big property Zor Ka Jhatka in its daily line-up. Pardes Main Mila Koi Apna is their next fiction property that will launch on February 1st at the 10.30 PM slot.

Saurabh Tewari, Head of Programing – Fiction, Imagine TV has an exclusive conversation with TellyBuzz wherein he talks about the major reshuffle in time slots when it comes to Imagine's daily fiction shows, on their next fiction launch, Pardes Main Mila Koi Apna and much more..

What are the new fiction line-ups in the first quarter of the year in Imagine?
We will be launching two new shows, Pardes Main Mila Koi Apna and Chandragupta Maurya. Pardes launches on 1st February and will take the 10.30 PM slot.

Talk us thro' the recent shuffle in the fiction line-up to accommodate your new reality show Zor Ka Jhatka?
Zor Ka Jhatka is one of our huge properties and we found it apt to place it at the 9-10PM prime time slot as this is the slot that guarantees maximum viewership and base to perform. Gunahon Ka Devta and Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo will be shifting by just half an hour. While Gunahon moves from the 9 PM slot to 8.30 PM, Baba will take the 10PM slot from the present time of 9.30 PM. There is not much of a shift in the audience profiling; we have a good loyalty for both the shows and I don't think it will make much of a difference. Also both these shows will get an additional push from Zor Ka Jhatka as it placed just before and after the SRK hosted show.

What about the time slots of Armanon Ka Balidaan Arakshan and Rakt Sambandh?
We have not yet decided on the time slots for both these shows. But we can tell you that they will not go off air. Bandini is the only show that will go as of now.

But Rakt Sambandh is a show that is giving you decent ratings at the 10 PM slot. So why touch it?
We believe that a good show has the capability of working in any slot. Rakt Sambandh is doing well for us, and by pushing it to probably an early evening slot, we might again make slight changes in the overall story line so that it suits that particular time slot. As you know, Rakt Sambandh began as a multi-track story, but after a point the research and audience feed backs gave us a clue that the show might do well if we concentrate on one particular main track. So taking this into notice, we changed the track and it really did wonders for us. After a point, changes in story telling will happen and this is exactly what we will attempt to do again.

We have heard that there will be a series of love stories to come in Imagine this year. Your take on this..
Yes, we will start with Pardes Main Mila Koi Apna which is a different kind of a love story. It is the love story of a girl who hails from Eastern UP with a Maharashtrian boy. The show will deal with the conflicts that happen in the city of Mumbai between people of various sections, backgrounds and socio-economic status. It will focus on the day-to-day life style, the problems they face and how they overcome them, the impact of corruption and crime etc. And amidst all this, will be the love story.

Tell us about Pardes Main Mila Koi Apna.. What's the USP of the show?
This is a love story set in the backdrop of the city Mumbai where life of a common man is so very challenging. It is about this girl who is an outsider, and comes and settles in Mumbai to become a part of the culture and flavour of the city. She goes on to fall in love with a boy from a totally different community, and that is the basic plot of the show. This show can only be set in Mumbai.

So will you be capturing the real essence of Mumbai by shooting in real-life locations?
Of course!! We have already shot an action sequence in Dadar. There is a very important scene shot in Goregaon. We will surely capture the real flavour of the city wherever the script demands that. Otherwise, we have a set in Film City.

We heard the story is based on the movie West Side. Will it be completely based on it?
See, it's not exactly the story of 'West Side'. It is the story of two gangs wherein the boy's elder brother belongs to one gang and a relative of the girl belongs to another gang. And the similarity ends here. In this case, Arjun Bijlani and Kapil Nirmal play brothers.

Give us a brief on the two male leads in the show..
We are talking about a typical Maharashtrian family which resides in Dadar. The father is a cop and they have been staying in the Police Colony for 25 long years. You will find a typical Mumbai impact in one guy wherein he represents the aggressive unemployed youth of the city. He will start questioning his own father that he has not been able to achieve anything in life, and that he is a loser. This will give rise to realistic situations wherein the father gets a setback after sacrificing all his life to give his kids the best in life. The life of Mumbai is projected wherein everything is expensive, and the salary slip that you draw never matches with the monthly expense of the family. His younger brother is this hep and happening, yet down-to-earth guy who has a different approach to life. The kids are aspirational and want to cross the line to achieve something in life.

This show was supposed to be based on the Marathi-UP political rift. What made you change it?
See, we just had a discussion over the table about working on a political drama. But we decided internally that the route will not be correct. We wanted to stick to the entertainment aspect and keep the sensitive issues away. Frankly speaking, we did not even reach to a scripting level also.

You have taken known names in Arjun Bijlani, Kapil Nirmal and Bhavna Khatri for the show. Any keen interest in choosing them?
There was nothing that specific in casting them. We also went for some new faces, but things did not materialize. This is a show where we needed good actors, as there is a demand of depth and intensity in terms of performances. Having said this, we needed to have a freshness in the actors we choose as this is a love story. But no new comers fit the bill. As we saw Arjun Bijlani in the audition, we found him perfect for the role of Chandu. And above all, he has a very good fan following. Kapil Nirmal as Sarje Rao too fits well into the character.

Tell us a bit more on the casting of the show..
We have Atisha Naik who is a known name in the theatre industry. She is debuting in television with this show. Also we have noted actress Prachi Pathak.

What is the message that the show will give to the viewers?
Honestly speaking, this is not a hard-hitting show that will drive out a message. But there will be a sense of national integration, wherein irrespective of the region you come from you will get affected if there is a problem. Mumbai's life is so fast and happening, and there are many incidents and accidents that take place day in and day out and the only way to face problems is to stay united. We will not be passing any direct message, but we will convey this while narrating the love story.

Imagine is working for the first time with Reliance Big Productions. How has the association been?
It has been very good so far. Jayesh Patil and I have been working on this concept for sometime now. They are brilliant Producers and give us a good infrastructure support which is an added advantage.

Noted writer Jayesh Patil who has penned Laagi Tujhse Lagan is writing this show. How well has the concept and script come out?
It has been going good. Jayesh Patil is the Fiction Head of Reliance Big Productions.

When is the launch of Chandragupta Maurya being planned?
We are still figuring out the dates. It should be either in February or March.

Another show to be produced by BAG Films is in the pipeline, is it? Any cast finalized for the same?
We have a couple of fiction shows, basically love stories in the pipeline. But it is too early to comment on it.

Is it a concern that Imagine has not been able to cross the magical 100 GRP mark even now?
We had crossed the 100 mark before, for three-four weeks. But yes, it is a matter of concern and we are working towards it. There are so many channels and shows these days. We need to be convinced of what we are doing and we are incorporating good content by keeping the audience views and research results in mind. We are positive about the outcome and it is only matter of time before we achieve it.

'Chandu is practically me in my college days' - Jayesh Patil

Friday, January 21, 2011 | 7:49:55 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     'Chandu is practically me in my college days' - Jayesh Patil

Jayesh Patil speaks to Tellybuzz about his new show on Imagine TV, Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna and his role as a Fiction Head for Reliance Big Productions...

Jayesh Patil, the prolific writer in Hindi Television has now taken up the huge responsibility of heading the fiction programming of the production house, Reliance Big Productions.  Reliance Big Productions' first fiction show will be for Imagine, titled Pardes Main Mila Koi Apna which launches on 1st February at the 10.30 PM slot.

In a candid chat with Tellybuzz, Jayesh Patil speaks about his role as a writer and now a Fiction Head...

What made you don the role of Fiction Head from a writer?
In my last three shows, Ladies Special, Shree and Laagi Tujhse Lagan, I have tried different genres and then I felt it is time for me to shift myself to another bigger role which has more responsibility. And that's when Reliance Big Productions came up with the proposal of the role of the Fiction Head. I realized that being a Fiction Head I can get involved in the groW*H of a company, and this gives me an opportunity to work on twenty different subjects simultaneously which as a writer I could not do. Also the name and the infrastructure Big Productions offer is vast as they have access to pan India and has their own regional market with a good research team. Being in this role I can develop my own internal team who will develop the story in a better way. Taking all these aspects into account it has been a fantastic shift from a writer to a Fiction Head.

Today there is this trend of writers turning to Producers; Haven't you thought about it?
I never wanted to be titled like that and I didn't have that temperament too. I am a simple person who likes to live life and play with my kids, who wants to have an afternoon nap and want to watch one movie a day and love to travel. If I had got into the Producer zone, I would have sacrificed all these leisure pleasures. Here I have my own space and it is great to work.

Why was the first show of Reliance chosen to be for Imagine TV?
I have a certain comfort zone with Saurabh Tewari and the Imagine team. I feel that working for a big show on a big channel is very easy. Against that I feel that if I start with an emerging channel like Imagine, the channel as well as the Producer can grow together. And in total the working pattern and the comfort zone is too good.  

The character Datta Bhau in Laagi Tujhse Lagan is an immensely popular character; how do you churn out the characters in the shows you script?
The shows and the characters that I have dealt till now were all inspired from real life people who have been directly or indirectly associated with me. Ladies Special was based on women who were in my life when I was working in State Bank of India. Datta Patil (Mishal Raheja) is actually my father's real life character and the character portrays the same mannerisms that my father used to do. Similarly, in this show there are two main characters Sarje Rao and Chandu. Sarje is based on my cousin brother and Chandu is practically me in my college days. And also all the other characters in the show are in one way or the other related to the characters whom I have met in my real life.

What was your inspiration to do a show like this?
I wanted to deviate from the cliched shows and a show based on a constable and his family was always there in my mind. Nobody has done a serious show on constables and I was really sad when people sometimes do not even mention this and I really feel agitated and angry when people disrespect them. They have no idea how much the educated and learned people who work day and night irrespective of time are treated, and at times they are not even allowed to take the call of nature which compels them not to drink water. I was fascinated to know how these people work so hard for a low salary.

Can you please tell us something about the concept of Pardes Main Mila Koi Apna?
The show is basically a love story and I did not want to get into social reforms or similar things. What I have learnt from television all these years is that it is pure entertainment and people need that. This is also a love story that is happening between two different cultures.

We heard that the concept had a political element in the beginning that was later on changed. Was there any particular reason?
There are always two calls to be taken in a show; socially recognized show or an entertainment show. The moment we found that the love story is flourishing, we decided to make it a love story.

How were the characters chosen for the show?
When I started conceptualizing the show, I had the characters in mind and these actors fit very well into them. When Kapil Nirmal gave the auditions, he reminded me of my brother and he was apt for Sarje Rao and had the same body language. Likewise Arjun Bijlani was also selected in the same manner because I was also good looking when I was young and I felt that he fits into the bill perfectly (laughs). Bhavna Khatri carries a lot of innocence and naivete on her face. The rest of the cast are all theater artistes whom I have seen in different plays, and they are whom I wanted to cast as a Fiction Head. It was easy to spot them and get them in one show.

What is your take on television today?
Television today has great competition which is in turn great fun and I just love to be amongst fresh ideas. Every Monday when new shows open and every Wednesday when the TRP ratings come, I still get Goosebumps. There is something new to learn everyday and it has to be like this.

Today we see shows deviating from the main content for TRPs; your comments on this?
For this particular show, I am setting about 20 options for a story with these characters and probably we will be coming up with a whole new model of making a show. We have characters and will deal with them according to the genres at that period of time and we have plans ready for the factors that are needed for that particular genre. At the end of the day we are making it for people who are tired and want entertainment to lighten their minds.

What do you feel about the time slot of  10:30pm?
Today there is no prime time in television and if you put up a good show even at 5 o' clock, people will accept it as they are hungry for entertainment. Today television is like a part of everyday life like, and we can now say life is about 'Roti, kapda makaan aur TV'.

How has the experience been working with Imagine TV?
Fantastic and I would love to make more shows for the channel.

There are a lot of shows that are rural based today; what is your take on that?
Its not about being rural or urban based shows, but about the culture the characters are rooted to. Whatever be the show, there should be an Indian-ism in it and in the characters of the show.

What would you like to say to your fans?
I would like to say that you guys can watch any shows you like till 10:30 but, at 10:30 you are supposed to watch Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna (smiles).  

Is there any message that you would like to convey through the show?
Fall in love.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan

Arjun's article on Hitvada newspaper.

darshana23 thumbnail

Article from Afternoon DC - Mumbai, India

Kapil Nirmal is Sarja Raja!

Monday, January 24, 2011
By Sandeep Hattangadi
Kapil Nirmal better known as Yudishter Shishodaya from Star Plus hit show, 'Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat' is now back after a 6-month gap with Imagine TV's new presentation, 'Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna'. This Jaipur-born dude began his acting career with ETV Rajasthan's show, 'Ina Meena Dika', then he went on to do a telly film, 'Roop Ki Rani'. Kapil then shifted to Mumbai where he worked with Reliance (Reliance Big Pictures) who, coincidentally, are now are producing his latest show.

Describe your character in the show?

I play a Marathi character called Sarja living in a chawl. Sarja is a ruffian, full of aggression, completely different from my soft spoken 'Baraat' avatar. My on-screen father is a police constable and I really resent our low socio economic status and want to rise up in life. I love my  brother, Chandu (Arjun Bijlani) who falls in love with a girl Nirupama (Bhavna  Khatri) from another community and I will do anything for him. Although my character is generally white, there are certain grey shades to me as well. There also will be some twists due to my past which will be unraveled over time.

What is the USP of the show?

Apart from the above love story, the underlying social and ideological tensions between our group and Nirupama's side will be an added attraction.
Also father-son conflicts have not been shown much on desi TV. Our show basically deals with city life seen from a lower socio economic strata. There will be lots of conflicts arising out of different emotions and I will play a key role in the churning which will take place. For the moment we are working hard to create our characters.

But nowadays, shows don't follow set scripts and changes are brought to meet TRP requirements?

I better not talk about that. I am just an actor and it is my job to put in my best till the very end.

Can you talk a bit about your look?

I am a cool guy, with a stubble. The only down side is that I will not be able to play any other type of character during the time this show is on air.  It also will be tough to anchor a show (his wish list) with this 'tapori' appearance.

You debuted with Star Plus and now Imagine?
See, we actors are always looking for interesting and varied roles to entertain the audience. Having said that, channels are very important. Star is a settled network and Imagine is trying to reach the top. Ups and downs always keep happening (He was referring to imagine very low GRP base).

What did you do during the long gap between both shows?

I did lot of travelling, went to Manali, Ranthomobore, Corbett National Park and Goa (first time). I did not want to do 'run of the mill' stuff hence I waited and my patience was successfully rewarded.

You have done a couple of dance reality shows?

Yes I did 'Nach Baliye' and 'Zara Nach Ke Dikha'. The latter took place last year. Actually, I was first penciled for that Star One battle of sexes show, but dropped during the planning stages. Later, they came back and requested me to enter at the 11th hour, I agreed. All said and done the fact that I entered late did contribute to my early exit as I could not be in sync with my boys' team.

Any more reality shows?
 I would love to do more dance shows. Not only dance, I am game for any kind of adventure stuff. I will draw the line on Big Boss-type formats. God save me from such a day where I might be forced do it.

How tedious it gets to play the same character day in and day out?

Very much, but that's the way the idiot box functions and you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Any chances of you settling down with girlfriend Anjali Abrol ?
I might go down the Atal Bihari Vajpayee route (laughs). Fate plays such a game that things keep going wrong either from her end or mine.
darshana23 thumbnail

Another cross-culture love story on TV

A high emotion love-saga TV show ' Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna ' that traces the journey of two people from different backgrounds and cultures, in an ongoing struggle to find true love beyond the boundaries set by society will start soon on Imagine TV.

Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna is the story of Nirupama, a young girl who is forced to leave her draught stricken village in a desperate bid to save her father who is on the verge of insanity. With the singular motive of her father's well being in mind; a motherless Nirupama reaches Mumbai only to face rejection and ill-treatment from everyone, including her own elder sister who considers them to be a burden.

However, destiny has other plans in store for her. Amidst all these adversities, Niru crosses paths with the soft & gentle Chandu and unwittingly falls in love with him. But soon they realize that their love is doomed as they belong to different cultures and their families are bitterly opposed to their union. The show boasts of popular stars such as Bhavna Khatri and Arjun Bijlani as the main leads. Kapil Nirmal, Atisha Naik and others will be seen playing strong character roles.

Announcing the show, Programming Head Saurabh Tewari said, " Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna is a slice of life story about Mumbai seen from the protagonist, Nirupama's, point of view, and how she deals with the various trials and tribulations of a city life. The plot revolves around people of various sections, backgrounds and socio-economic status. It focuses on the day-to-day life style, the problems they face and how they overcome them. And amidst all this is Nirupama's love story with Chandu. We are optimistic that this unique story will surely resonate with the viewers."
rahuldravidfan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Credit to my friend Sumaiya[id usmrasul] who found this article....

Selling from the box

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-features/tp-metroplus/article1135425.ece

TV Kapil Nirmal on his new serial and the principles that guide him

Actor Kapil Nirmal

H e may be a qualified post-graduate in Marketing, but his heart is in acting. But for Kapil Nirmal, who was seen in Star Plus' Raja ki Aayegi Baraat and Zara Nach ke Dikhaa, it's not such a big leap after all. One needs marketing skills even to get a foothold in the entertainment field, he points out. Here the handsome actor, a bodybuilder and former Mr. Jaipur, takes questions on the new serial he will soon be appearing in, Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna, scheduled to begin on Imagine TV from February 1, 10.30 p.m.

What is your role in the show ?

I am playing a guy who wants to be rich and wants to change the lifestyle of his family. My role has some grey shades also, but it's not a negative character. The character is intelligent and there's always something going on in his mind for his family.

What do you consider, the script or the role, when deciding to accept or reject a part in a serial?

Actually both, but what is important is what role I am going to play. Being an actor I want to do every kind of role but it should have weight. I don't want to do something which is irrelevant.

How did a marketing professional turn into an actor?

My parents wanted me to do my post-graduation. I did it in marketing, but it requires skills. When you go to someone in the (television) industry it is as if you are marketing yourself, telling them I can do this and that. Sometimes marketing is needed.

In your early days you were associated with Star Plus only, whether it was Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat or Zara Nach Ke Dikha. Now you seem to have moved on' It was an amazing experience working with Star, I loved being part of it. I will be working with them in future again.

You are a familiar face on Indian television but till now you have worked in only two serials. Why?

Playing a lead role you don't have that much time that you can do others also; you can do two reality shows simultaneously but not serials, because of the amount of time they require.

Edited by sujji0609 - 13 years ago