India-Forums

Tere Liye
Tere Liye

Robindo

_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 3:31am | IP Logged
      How can anyone support/excuse Robby's action. I get it you're lovesick and keen on becoming the next Devdas but come on, this isn't the way to go. Mauli is a married woman. Yes her husband may seem like a jerk at the moment, but she should stick with him and try to make him a better man. Taposh isn't a bad guy. He does a lot of charity work and tries to fight for his country therefore he must have a heart.  He does have his priorities messed up. I guess he has seen a lot of injustice which has made him cold. Plus, we have to consider the fact that he lost his father at a critical time in his life. He lacked a father figure to help him transition into the ideal man.

Now back to Robindo. He is the privileged son of a tycoon business man. I know money isn't everything, but it does make life a lot more easy. So it's safe to stay Robby has a sheltered life. He fell for Mauli and for a while he seemed like the ideal suitor (he said the right thing, showered her with flowers and the likes) Then came his ugly truth. He fathered a child with another woman. Ok even if it turns out that the child isn't his, the fact that he did things that could produce a child is DeadWhy didn't he mention that to Mauli beforehand?

To me, Robby is a big man-child. Don't get me wrong, I loved watching him joking around with Anu and Taani. When it came to his marriage track, it didn't feel plausible. He seems too young to jump into such commitments. It was like seeing a child groom-to-be. Anyways, when his affair came to light, what did he do? He just sat there. If he were a man he would have worked up courage to talk to Mauli. Even after Taani supposetively "told" Mauli. He should have stopped whining like a girl and ran after her to explain himself (if he has any justification that is) not wallow in self pity which then turned into hatred for Taani. Speaking of which, is it a trend to always blame the main heroine for everything and anything? Gosh it's so sickening what kind of message this serial is sending out. Dead Even if Taani did tell Mauli (Why wouldn't she? Mauli is a close childhood friend and it'd be a CRIME to allow Mauli to go though the wedding oblivous to his secret. What happened to girls supporting each other?), what is the big deal? Ok so all her loyalty has to be to Anu's family even though they are in the wrong. Why does a girl have to be so responsible for everything that happens in her sasural. Great message to impressionable young viewers Wacko.

I assuming most of the people in this forum are girls. So let me ask you this, is what Robby doing/is doing acceptable had he done it to you? I am astonished to see topics where Mauli and is called selfish and ugly for what she did to Robby. I'm sorry, but she has every right to follow her heart. She almost got married to someone who has fathered a child without her even knowing. It's like she escaped by the margin of hair. Of course she was traumatized to know that, plus her bestfriend even knew and was willing to keep it secret. In the end, had Mauli married Robby and then been told of his love-child, she would have no way out. I think that was the point so that Mauli would be stuck thus saving the family name. And it was perfectly acceptable. I mean who cares about the girl, right? It's all about Robby. Let's excuse everything he does. I know the actor playing  Robby is eye-candy, hence he probably has a lot of fangirls but let's be objective on his character. He is probably used to getting whatever he desired. Be it the newest electronics or the coolest car. But not acquiring Mauli must have hurt his ego. She is not a thing, she has her own life which he can't put a stake on. 

As for Taposh, I really hope he shapes up and they make their marriage work. If they split and Robby tries and suceeds into making Mauli his, that would be absolutely a slap to womanhood. Plus Robby gets everything he wanted in the end like a spoil brat. Would have learned nothing, except blame everyone BUT yourself. Real men do not to that. They take responsibility and face consequences from their action.

Ok I really have to stay on topic and stop my rant. LOL  Robby... there are plently of fishes in the sea. His obsession with Mauli is not endearing at all. If he truly loved her, would he not want her hapiness, not to ruin it? It goes to show what his love really meant. Obsession is a dangerous thing and can never be translated to true love.

Edited by PandorasBox - 27 January 2011 at 4:59am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

amithu-Riyal-Shaily.Pratameshpriya_sparshaTani91CHIPPEDCUPlashy

Mages IF-Addictz
Mages
Mages

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PandorasBox

How can anyone support/excuse Robby's action. I get it you're lovesick and keen on becoming the next Devdas but come on, this isn't the way to go. Mauli is a married woman. Yes her husband may seem like a jerk at the moment, but she should stick with him and try to make him a better man. Taposh isn't a bad guy. He does a lot of charity work and tries to fight for his country therefore he must have a heart.  He does have his priorities messed up. I guess he has seen a lot of injustice which has made him cold. Plus, we have to consider the fact that he lost his father at a critical time in his life. He lacked a father figure to help him transition into the ideal man.

well we are not supporting robi...we just feel the pain he is suffering....i know whatever he is doing is wrong but then he is so heartbroken...vulnerable...that he has lost his strength to know what is right and wrong

mouli sticking with her husband...yes she is doing it with 100% loyalty but does her husband gives her the time she needs....does he even stays at home with her....does he understands her feelings...does he even one time ask what she loves and like....come on...as a husband he has a responsibities...and what he did...late at night....he ask a women to come alone and take the keys not even thinking how she will get there....what will happen on the way since the road is too quiet...if not for robi...she would have been raped...kidnapped....murdered...does that jerk ever gave a thought abt this....whatever robi was in that mode...as a human being he knows the road is quiet and no good for her....anything can happen...whether he loves her or hates her...he did send her to her husband safetly....and then upon not asking her safety he was more worried why she took lift from robi....he was not even interested to know how mouli felt at that point of time...but keep on asking why robi gave a lift....

noone says taposh is a bad guy...he is not a bad guy...but yes he is self-obsessed man....he only does what he wants...he never understood other people's feelings...neither he understands his mother...sister..brother-in-law...or even mouli...he only understands himself...

charity work is good...very good...but then there is some responsiblities towards home...mother...sister...wife...as the eldest son of the family after his father demise he needs to support his family....he needs to work....and not depending on mother's sweet business money....what kind of a son he is...his mother is working hard...but he is busy doing charity work for others....he must have tell everyone with problems that they need to work to support his family...why isn't he doing that....he can work at the same time do his charity work....why can't he manage both at the same time....

now for the fatherly.....i think taani should need a fatherly figure to guide her....because she lost her father at the age of 15 years old...not taposh...at the time when vimal passed away...taposh was still the same person like he is now and he was at the age of 23 years old....and he already had his father's guidance in the age he needs...its now in his own hands how he wants to shape up his family....even at that time he never listen to his father....

he is not a cold person...he is just a angry young man...who can't understand the meaning of family responsiblities...love...relationships....the way he badmouthed anurag is evident he doesn't understand any single thing at all...people who have seen injusctice doesn't stop supporting family...wife...children....

change the country is good....but then first of take care of family...without family support in thick and thin you can never change the world....he is wiping everyone tears...did anytime he comes to taani showers his brotherly affections to her....did he ever tried to understand taani's tears since she is been suiffering all while...did he ever ask his mother why is she crying

he is a man of people....but he is no man in his own house...being a eldest son...he is nothing in the family...he treats his house as if a lodge or hotel....

it high time...he smells the coffee...and sense some responsiblities at home...its becoming shameless now being married and not able to keep up his responsiblities to his wife

i am not going to compare robi right now because all his emotions has been dead...but yes in the past robi knows his responsiblties towards his family....whenever his brother cried...he gave shoulders....he fought for his brother-in-law and sister-in-law with his father...he even knew his responsiblties towards mouli till the baby track ruined it all

he told his mother while leaving house after fighting with his dad...that like his brother anurag he too will work hard...even its a coolie job to succeed his life....it really shows how he knows his responsiblities

Now back to Robindo. He is the privileged son of a tycoon business man. I know money isn't everything, but it does make life a lot more easy. So it's safe to stay Robby has a sheltered life. He fell for Mauli and for a while he seemed like the ideal suitor (he said the right thing, showered her with flowers and the likes) Then came his ugly truth. He fathered a child with another woman. Ok even if it turns out that the child isn't his, the fact that he did things that could produce a child is DeadWhy didn't he mention that to Mauli beforehand?

robi is never had a sheltered life in the first place...why he went in the wrong way is due to his family in his childhood...they never give him the attention and love he craves...he finds that solace in that jerk friends...it was always anurag for neelu-shekhar....what made him learnt true life is anurag=taani...whatever love was deprive from neelu in childhood.... taani covered it all....whatever love was deprive from shekher...anurag covered it all

i still remember the very particular scenes that brought tears in my heart between the two brothers...what shekher should do...anu do it for him....the scenes was anu advicing robi to tell the truth to mouli before its too late...and also advice him the consequences which he will face if mouli gets to know from elsewhere....and robi hugs anu and cry on his shoulders that he is scared if he tells the truth to mouli...she will leave him and he loves her way too much and doesn't want to loose her...that particular scenes was so touching and melted my eyes..it really showed how much all these years robi was all alone...noone heard his tears...pain...and who listen to him it was his brother....who was away with him for 8 years...in that scenes...it should be shekher who should advice him the right and wrong....and anu was doing it as a father....

it shows that like anu...even robi was suffering...its just that anu was sheltered in his shell and it was shown to us but then robi was ruining his life because of his friends because of lack attentions...affections and love from parents

now for mrinalini affair...for him her affair was just like all other kind of relationships he had with her and by the way where does this girl left her brains how can she get intimate with a guy who is unknown to her and who can run away in matter of minutes more than robi i will blame her even if in love there is something call culture and tradition and its always from the girl side...its her fault that she give it into it...and till now we don't even know her story....how she die...where she gave birth...how the baby reach to the slums...we don't have a single clue abt the story...now the baby is missing too...

like i say...for him mrinalini is just an affair....and he met her years back which he might forgot himself....the way he was remembering the moment nupur revealed that he has an son...he was trying to recall very hard...what have really happened....even now i feel there is a mystery to the story

To me, Robby is a big man-child. Don't get me wrong, I loved watching him joking around with Anu and Taani. When it came to his marriage track, it didn't feel plausible. He seems too young to jump into such commitments. It was like seeing a child groom-to-be. Anyways, when his affair came to light, what did he do? He just sat there. If he were a man he would have worked up courage to talk to Mauli. Even after Taani supposetively "told" Mauli. He should have stopped whining like a girl and ran after her to explain himself (if he has any justification that is) not wallow in self pity which then turned into hatred for Taani. Speaking of which, is it a trend to always blame the main heroine for everything and anything? Gosh it's so sickening what kind of message this serial is sending out. Dead Even if Taani did tell Mauli (Why wouldn't she? Mauli is a close childhood friend and it'd be a CRIME to allow Mauli to go though the wedding oblivous to his secret. What happened to girls supporting each other?), what is the big deal? Ok so all her loyalty has to be to Anu's family even though they are in the wrong. Why does a girl have to be so responsible for everything that happens in her sasural. Great message to impressionable young viewers Wacko.

well robi knows how to keep commitments...but yes i agree...marriage is not his cup of tea...infact i never wanted robindo to marry anyone...not mouli...not jonaki aunty...even now i am against to it...i want a single robindo...but rajat is excellent par excellent as an actor....i know he can bring the matured look as a husband

as for robi hating taani...well he doesn't hate taani...he is angry with taani...like anu says he can change into a new personality to cover himself...but the truth is he is the same old robindo....who wants to vent out his pain...

robi blaiming taani...well this mistake done by ganguly zoo...no point discussing...its all ridiculous track...a track force in to make robi grey-shaded....how cheap the Cvs can stoop...

the whole robindo baby track was not needed at all...there were others ways to make him grey-shaded...they ruin the track

I assuming most of the people in this forum are girls. So let me ask you this, is what Robby doing/is doing acceptable had he done it to you? I am astonished to see topics where Mauli and is called selfish and ugly for what she did to Robby. I'm sorry, but she has every right to follow her heart. She almost got married to someone who has fathered a child without her even knowing. It's like she escaped by the margin of hair. Of course she was traumatized to know that, plus her bestfriend even knew and was willing to keep it secret. In the end, had Mauli married Robby and then been told of his love-child, she would have no way out. I think that was the point so that Mauli would be stuck thus saving the family name. And it was perfectly acceptable. I mean who cares about the girl, right? It's all about Robby. Let's excuse everything he does. I know the actor playing  Robby is eye-candy, hence he probably has a lot of fangirls but let's be objective on his character. He is probably used to getting whatever he desired. Be it the newest electronics or the coolest car. But not acquiring Mauli must have hurt his ego. She is not a thing, she has her own life which he can't put a stake on. 

well its fine she wants to marry taposh or whoever...as a girl noone will marry a guy who have fathered a child...and mouli have rights on her decision...the wrong in here is...she should have postpone her marriage and not married on the same day when there is a big disaster going on where relationships are on stake...what was she trying to prove actually marrying taposh on the same day of her marriage to robi...she need to have think the consequences first...if she is thinking that her mother will push her for the marriage...she is a independent girl she knows how to fight for her decsions...

TapLi marriage is no wrong....but the way they got married is wrong...because of their one  mistake...alot of relationships were on verge to break...so much bitterness in relationships...taani was bashed left...right..center....they should have postpone their marriage...

robi is not ego hurt....he is heartbroken thats it...because mouli never gave him chance to explain his POV.....

robi never treats her as a thing he really loved her truly but she never understood his love even before mrinalini issue...its taposh who is treating her as a thing...the way he spoke in the office tdy was disgusting...why a wife can't have her own desires...i am not talking abt the robi's gift...he means the other way round....

As for Taposh, I really hope he shapes up and they make their marriage work. If they split and Robby tries and suceeds into making Mauli his, that would be absolutely a slap to womanhood. Plus Robby gets everything he wanted in the end like a spoil brat. Would have learned nothing, except blame everyone BUT yourself. Real men do not to that. They take responsibility and face consequences from their action.

robi is no plan to make mouli his...he just want TapLi to suffer the agony in love...which he suffered...in this revenge obsession...he himself knows that he is destroying himself...but he wants them to feel the pain...the tears that he is suffering....and now he is going to marry jonaki how will he want to get back to mouli.....he just want to be connected with her...not want her back in his life...though yes he is still in love with her....

well everyone is selfish in TL...except for Anurag-Taani...so i don't blame robindo....and real man works and support family unlike some people does good job in charity but then depending on mother's money....

well he did take his responsiblity...if he wanted...he would have abadon his son and tell everyone that the child is not his....but then he accepted his son....and even face the action and consequences but then he is sensitive and too weak in emotions that made him suffer obsession...anger..rage

Ok I really have to stay on topic and stop my rant. LOL  Robby... there are plently of fishes in the sea. His obsession with Mauli is not endearing at all. If he truly loved her, would he not want her hapiness, not to ruin it? It goes to show what his love really meant. Obsession is a dangerous thing and can never be translated to true love.

Daar...Anjaam is two of srk movies where he is obsessed with juhi-madhuri...whether it was then or now....everyone says that Rahul-Vijay(Srk) obsession is true love...what worst was that he did horrible things like murdering...stalking...torturing...and until now many people says that its true love when actually he is suffering a mental disorder which is called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder where he can go any extend to get what he wants

infront of obsessions idols like vijay-rahul...robi did nothing....yes he is obsessed with mouli...but he is not doing stuff like murdering..stalking...he just wants TapLi to feel his pain and suffering

when vijay-rahul obsession was translated as true love...why not robi....vijay-rahul did horrible things to the women whom he claims that he loves them....but robi did nothing except wanting mouli to realise that what she did is wrong...and at that point of time when she knew the truth she could have understand his feelings...how he felt when he got to know his own little secret which was unknown to him....not give him a ultimatum and leave...

obsession can terms in many ways....and if obsessions comes into league of love....you can't get obsessed if you don't love the person or even a thing.....its also a love emotion but its very dangerous....

its term as dangerous love....

Edited by Mages - 27 January 2011 at 1:16pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rasha1500saiba007chahat4u

_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
@ Mages. You do have a lot of valid points regarding Taposh. I agree with them. I never claimed he was perfect but he has had a lot of difficulty in his life. I believe when you're a young man in your 20s, you need your father the most. He is a lost soul but with time he can overcome his short-comings. I don't understand why no one can sympathize with him.

As for Robby, yes he is broken-hearted. But there so many people that go through that. Why should peopple symphatize with him when his intentions are ill? Especially since he doesn't take accountibility for his actions. There more many other people who deserves sympathy before him. Granted, he hasn't done anything dangerous...yet but things can surely get out of hand.

Now coming to obsessive love. This is where I disagree with you the most. Obsession is not love. You used a movie example to support your claim (I haven't seen it). That my dear, is a movie, not real life. In real life obsession can never lead to love. Maybe once the obsession is gone, things can stabilize and grow into love but it doesn't directly lead to it. Obsession is mostly related to resentment. You can be obsessed and feel no love. The amount of energy it takes up blinds the person into thinking that it is love. Most people misuse the word obsession and mean to say passion Passion on the other hand can be very positive and be closely related to love.

Robby needs to quit before the damages are irreversible.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tani91

priya_sparsha IF-Rockerz
priya_sparsha
priya_sparsha

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
Honestly I have always liked Taposh alot. He's different from all the characters. He wants to do social work without expecting anything in return. He does prioritize his work over his family, He just needs to balance everything in his life. Mauli isnt regretting because she got married to him. Infact, she liked him because he always does social work. But I feel Robbie will work as catalyst in taposh-mauli's relationship and thus, they all will be happy.Big smile

I agree about Robbie. He mostly gets everything in his life. He doesnt know the value of hardwork. Though he does say that he loves mauli, its about time that he accepts his mistakes and leave her alone. This revenge will take him nowhere. And will break down completely when he will realize jonaki's real intentions.

When Taposh came to know about Bimlendu 's health, he was ready to sacrifice his goals and take family responsibility but his dad told him to follow his heart. In way Taposh is indeed Bimlendu's son ( talking about personalities) and he would always put everyone before him ( except his family). Bimlendu was always loyal to Shekhar while Taposh wants to do social work and all.

Eitherway, I hope to see some romantic track for taposh and mauli. And at last mauli would get the love she always deserved.

_notinuse_

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
I agree with you completely...in the beginning I thought Robi's character was supposed to be gray shaded...then they showed him completely positive and joking with Onu-Tani....yes I also think the whole RoLi marriage track was kinda abrupt and just out there.....but then again this is BT we're talking about...where logic and reasoning doesnt seem to exist

and to answer your question...No I dont think whatever Robi's doing is right at all....I feel that Robi,Mauli and Taposh all are to be blamed for their current circumstances...and frankly speaking I dont give a hoot because I'm watching his show ONLY for Tani-AnuragTongue

_notinuse_

_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
@ Priya  Clap Wow you have put a whole new light into the character of Taposh. I was starting to not like him. I had a feeling Cts will do whatever it takes to make him look like a bad husband and human being. Beautifully explanation on your part. I admit I haven't watched Tere Liye from the beginning but I saw an episode where Laboni Maa was nagging Bimlendu about money. In a way, Taposh is a lot like him. It takes a lot of heart to want to do things for your own country. I don't find him that selfish, he just needs to set his priorty straight. As for Robby being the catalyst, I hope that happens but for some reason I think he'll break the marriage and show Mauli he's the better man Dead

Edited by PandorasBox - 28 January 2011 at 2:11am

priya_sparsha

_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 12:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

I agree with you completely...in the beginning I thought Robi's character was supposed to be gray shaded...then they showed him completely positive and joking with Onu-Tani....yes I also think the whole RoLi marriage track was kinda abrupt and just out there.....but then again this is BT we're talking about...where logic and reasoning doesnt seem to exist

and to answer your question...No I dont think whatever Robi's doing is right at all....I feel that Robi,Mauli and Taposh all are to be blamed for their current circumstances...and frankly speaking I dont give a hoot because I'm watching his show ONLY for Tani-AnuragTongue

Hey Tani, I'm new here but I've notice you and I agree on a lot of things. LOL

@ red. Agreed LOL...with one exception. Robby has a bigger hand into his downfall but isn't dealing with the consequences of his action and it's partly because he's so pampered. That leaves him room to be mischievous and create havoc into lives of others (including Tani). Instead of plotting revenge, he should take care of his SON (where is he btw?)! But NOO,,, hurting Mauli, Taposh, and Taani takes precedent over that.Wacko Mauli and Taposh for now are living their life and trying their best although Taposh is a bit lost. They aren't hurting anyone.

@ Bold. Sometimes when I turn on TL and the Robby scene comes up, I feel like I'm watching a remake of Devdas LOL Actually I shouldn't compare, what Robby did is far worse than Devdas. Devdas although drunk and a jilted, wanted hapiness for his Paro. Like, I think they're trying to give him a bigger role but it's not working. I just get annoyed with his track. This Robindo, in his young life, has already had a secret affair, fathered a child, got engaged, broken up his engagement, lost his sister, and now trying to bring revenge on his former lover and his baudi. I badly want this Robby track to end and concentrate on the main leads, they already have a handful with the whole Ritesh thing.   

Edited by PandorasBox - 28 January 2011 at 12:27am

Tani91

chahat4u IF-Sizzlerz
chahat4u
chahat4u

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 4:04am | IP Logged
@Mages: u replied to this pointless topic very well. Clap

@PandorasBox: dnt even want to try to write a long reply to u. since i feel u hv made up ur point t criticise Robindo even when he is not at fault. wish u understood human psychology, even if its with a drama twist. u hv no idea the extent to which a heartbroken person, who hs no means to tk himself/herself out of depression, can go. besides Robbie is ruining any one's life, he is just making Moulie realise her fault and give her wht she gave him. 

Go to top