Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi

Why should girl do all the adjustint

April2007 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
To expect the Mona to change completely and become Gujju in her behavior is insane. The play could have  been successful if both the families change a little bit. Anukalap's family tries to accommodate Mona and Mona accommodates.

Mona's saasu ma looks extremely unhappy,  looks like keeping the family together is like climbing the Everest, it totally selfish endeavor ..if I was Mona I would never ever like to become like her..Punjabi women look way happier ..

Moral of the story don't marry traditional sanskari (phony) people u will be follow stupid meaningless tradition, which are designed to control the members.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nycsweetie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
ur right the girl should not be the only one adjusting
_notinuse_ thumbnail
Unfortunately that is the mindset of many Indian people. Right now, they look at Mona as an outsider who must prove herself. It's either their way or the highway.
abhilasha_dream thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Unfortunately this does happen in India at least, be it in any cast... Its a girl who needs to leave her traditions and adjust in the boy's family traditions completely.

No other member of the family will adjust or change for the DIL. Yes they can be helpful in helping a girl adjust in her new environment which is nt being shown in RMJ bt that's te case in 60% Indian household, so can't blame CV's for showing that...

Unfortunately MIL's like Anukalp's grandma, sister, and aunt do exist in every househols and they leave no opportunity to taunt their DIL and her parents..  
ShinyGirl thumbnail
i think most of the in-laws are controlling
Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: abhilasha_dream

Unfortunately this does happen in India at least, be it in any cast... Its a girl who needs to leave her traditions and adjust in the boy's family traditions completely.

No other member of the family will adjust or change for the DIL. Yes they can be helpful in helping a girl adjust in her new environment which is nt being shown in RMJ bt that's te case in 60% Indian household, so can't blame CV's for showing that...

Unfortunately MIL's like Anukalp's grandma, sister, and aunt do exist in every househols and they leave no opportunity to taunt their DIL and her parents..  

sad but true.
apux thumbnail
All these things definitely makes a girl not wanna live with her in-laws! 
Rumi007 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Unfortunate its the reality in almost all part of the south asian countries.Though I am not Indian but have many Indian friends from whom I know that.
HalkatJawaniJay thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Very well said, but it is a sad reality for many cultures not just Indian...that's how life it is. For example if you move somewhere you try to adjust to the culture around you so that you don't stick out from the rest of people. As girl move to another family, she has to adjust to customs of that family because she is the new member she needs to make that effort to gel with others in the family, but yes in-laws must give time and show her how things are done in their family which is not being done her...
nirubharya thumbnail
April2007 - You have a very narrow view of the world. NOT JUST IN GUJARATI FAMILIES BUT ALSO IN ALL OTEHR REGIONS AND RELIGIONS expectations for daughter-in-law to adjust is common. Mind you, i am not saying that that expectations are right,. I am just saying that it is not only in gujarati families. 

In my experience of what I have seen, Gujaratis are more morden than some other regions. I agree that Punjabis always look happy go lucky kind of people but not all are like that either. 

Based on what is shown in a show (which is generally exaggerated), to believe that all Gujaratis are like that and to put them down saying "Don't marry in Gujarati family " is silly.

I hope viewers would have a more mature attitude.