India-Forums

One issue with the show I have

Sapno_ki_rani Senior Member
Sapno_ki_rani
Sapno_ki_rani

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
I watch this show like every week and its totally good television.  Drama, some real issues, get to see how some celebs live.  My issue is that in American Wife Swap, at the end of the show, both families are shown if they are following the rules/changes the new wife set or not.  Example, Dhingra and the other family.  One ate nothing but junk and Sujata's family were in strict diet.  Sujata made them clean around and taught them importance of eating healthy here the Dhingra wife allowed them to eat whatever they wish.  After they went back to their house, all they showed was hugging and crying and cursing the other woman but I wish they showed if they tried to follow anything.  Like did sujata calmed down and allowed junk once in a while and if Dhingra cleaned up and became more hygienic.  U guys know what I mean?  Even with Pooja and Anuradha....We just saw that Pooja tore the page and said bad things about letting her in the house, and Anuradha just fed his son but nothing about if Rajeev actually hired a maid or not and if he makes tea or not....If pooja's family became more "Indian" like Anuradha tried to make them.  Ahhhhhhhh just vented on for no reason.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

tinytinashrutireddygr8zarmeenocool_yvAnotherMiracleAutumn.

Autumn. IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn.
Autumn.

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
I agree.. was thinking the same after the second Maa Exchange that they should show us whether after the stint did any of the families try to adopt other Maa methods. Though how they fight and argue with each other in the interview round it is hard to see that even if they did make the changes they will accept that on camera. Tongue LOL
TheDilettante IF-Rockerz

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bratz007Autumn.Nishita123

Autumn. IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn.
Autumn.

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Maya, as you said it is right that mostly nobody will change from the looks of it or even possible in such a short period to change someone but the point is show creatives can just add this bit to the show of showing us whether they have taken any effort to do so or not. Not in that episode itself after after one or two weeks have pass. Only from the show's point of view which would make it interesting.

Mostly nobody will agree that they would need to change and even if they did they may not accept it on camera. Hopefully in future episodes there are more open minded ppl who agree and accept it if they need a change. Because now each one is trying to have an upper hand on the other family which actually is not the theme of the show.. lol...

In Sujata case i.e. Nainital mom case hopefully she may try to bond with her daughter more.. if that happens it will be a good thing which would come out of it. Whatever Anuradha, Mumbai Junk Food mom was telling Sujata she was listening calmly and listening to her daughter on t.v. hopefully she might change for her daughter sake.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TheDilettante-naureen786-

-MakhanMalaai- IF-Stunnerz
-MakhanMalaai-
-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweta01

Maya, as you said it is right that mostly nobody will change from the looks of it or even possible in such a short period to change someone but the point is show creatives can just add this bit to the show of showing us whether they have taken any effort to do so or not. Not in that episode itself after after one or two weeks have pass. Only from the show's point of view which would make it interesting.

Mostly nobody will agree that they would need to change and even if they did they may not accept it on camera. Hopefully in future episodes there are more open minded ppl who agree and accept it if they need a change. Because now each one is trying to have an upper hand on the other family which actually is not the theme of the show.. lol...

In Sujata case i.e. Nainital mom case hopefully she may try to bond with her daughter more.. if that happens it will be a good thing which would come out of it. Whatever Anuradha, Mumbai Junk Food mom was telling Sujata she was listening calmly and listening to her daughter on t.v. hopefully she might change for her daughter sake.

sweta whenever u write something i read it soo carefully.. it keeps going in my mind that u are giving  a warning..LOLLOL

RasnyaxeionAutumn.

-Sneha25- IF-Dazzler
-Sneha25-
-Sneha25-

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
The funny thing is, All the moms think that their house is perfect....LOL

bratz007amy22Nishita123

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 12:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sbanik

Which is quite natural and for her family it probably works...............which is exactly the reason for the diversity of the home that they exchange with.

I agree with the topic starter that no results or even impressions seem to be forthcoming in this version of wife swap.........maybe we have not seen enough to judge as most copies of TV reality shows are tailor made for our country, or maybe it has made a difference only we viewers will never know.

The other problem is that I think this show has an attraction if the wives or husbands are fairly well-known personalities or at least one of them is.............if this was a show just with unknown mothers.........it is my opinion that it may not work for the channel.

Once you bring in actors/actresses into the programme, I sometimes wonder if they are being natural or acting a part for the viewers..............again my own personal observation.

Having said that...........it takes a lot to let in a team of photographers into your home for 8 days.......must be a total intrusion and I admire those that agree to this show. Hope they are getting well paid though I personally would not take part for all the money in the world to have my space and privacy invaded.

-Sneha25--naureen786-Nishita123

-Sneha25- IF-Dazzler
-Sneha25-
-Sneha25-

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by groucho

Originally posted by sbanik

Which is quite natural and for her family it probably works...............which is exactly the reason for the diversity of the home that they exchange with.

I agree with the topic starter that no results or even impressions seem to be forthcoming in this version of wife swap.........maybe we have not seen enough to judge as most copies of TV reality shows are tailor made for our country, or maybe it has made a difference only we viewers will never know.

The other problem is that I think this show has an attraction if the wives or husbands are fairly well-known personalities or at least one of them is.............if this was a show just with unknown mothers.........it is my opinion that it may not work for the channel.

Once you bring in actors/actresses into the programme, I sometimes wonder if they are being natural or acting a part for the viewers..............again my own personal observation.

Having said that...........it takes a lot to let in a team of photographers into your home for 8 days.......must be a total intrusion and I admire those that agree to this show. Hope they are getting well paid though I personally would not take part for all the money in the world to have my space and privacy invaded.

I totally agree with you groucho.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

groucho

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index