India-Forums

Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi
Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi

mona is childish (Page 4)

*Eva* IF-Sizzlerz
*Eva*
*Eva*

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
This is my first time posting in the forum...but I've been watching this show since Sara entered as Mona. Embarrassed

I have mixed feelings about the show to be honest. The way they're showing a typical Gujarati family versus a typical Punjabi family isn't really accurate, IMO. My two closest friends are Gujju and Punjabi...and I know their friend's circle isn't ANYTHING like that. Everything is being shown in a very harsh fashion...and all the characters have a LONG WAY to go before they can be called "fully developed." Ermm ROFL

To some extent, I definitely agree with your post...Mona is very childish but she can't be blamed completely. The whole cooking fiasco...was SO OTT. Nobody asked her if she could actually do the cooking for THAT many people...but Mona should have clarified the issue BEFORE her family came into the picture. And the whole fasting track...Mona's choice of words wasn't the best way of clarifying things but my heart went out to Mona. Ermm Cry

I've been reading a lot of posts regarding Anukalp's character...and seriously, his character disappoints me the most. Yes, he's a very sweet guy...but he needs to speak up and learn who to trust. I'm intrigued to see if his character gets that trait. The whole gang of Hetal, Baa, Bijal and Bharti turns me off completely...some of the things they do / say make me facepalm repetitvely. Thumbs Down

Bapuji, Daarji and Sejal's characters are ones to look out for...I'm impressed with their moral of keeping an open mind. I'm sure Bapuji and Sejal will be Mona's supports more often...love the characters! Thumbs Up

Let's see with this show has to offer in the future...I'm kind of iffy about it right now...especially the characterizations. Ermm

April2007 IF-Dazzler
April2007
April2007

Posted: 01 February 2011 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pari812000

In fact Mona's family should stop interfiering in her married life and concentrate on Sweet's Life. Mona is more safe with Anukalp the Sweety with Parmeet right now.

Why shouldn't Mona's family concern themselves with Mona's welfare..she is their child. Some thing is very wrong in thinking that Anukalap being a boy should live in the bosom of his family, surrounded by his familie and his culture. He tells Mona partents that Mona shouldn't visit them, because she will be able to adopt his culture if she is isolated from them...utter selfishness..In India the girls are disposible, parents and her relatives are told to abandone her once she is married. She should have no culture to call her own.

How many of you will want to bury their own culture and themselves and become somebody else, this loss of identity is pyschologically  very damaging,  because they are married. Mona and Anukalap should be blend of Gujrati and Punjabi family.  Losing your sense of self is horrible.Self also includes culture..

The writers totally failed women and failed to convey the message that Women are human beings.

Edited by April2007 - 01 February 2011 at 3:58pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_notinuse_

_notinuse_ IF-Dazzler
_notinuse_
_notinuse_

Posted: 01 February 2011 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by April2007

Originally posted by pari812000

In fact Mona's family should stop interfiering in her married life and concentrate on Sweet's Life. Mona is more safe with Anukalp the Sweety with Parmeet right now.

Why shouldn't Mona's family concern themselves with Mona's welfare..she is their child. Some thing is very wrong in thinking that Anukalap being a boy should live in the bosom of his family, surrounded by his familie and his culture. He tells Mona partents that Mona shouldn't visit them, because she will be able to adopt his culture if she is isolated from them...utter selfishness..In India the girls are disposible, parents and her relatives are told to abandone her once she is married. She should have no culture to call her own.

How many of you will want to bury their own culture and themselves and become somebody else, this loss of identity is pyschologically  very damaging,  because they are married. Mona and Anukalap should be blend of Gujrati and Punjabi family.  Losing your sense of self is horrible.Self also includes culture..

The writers totally failed women and failed to convey the message that Women are human beings.

Tell me about it...it's a trend to de-humanize women on many Indian serial. The audience is accustomed  to seing the female lead sacrificing everything, having no flaws, being selfless and never thinking of her own hapiness. Rarely are these "perfect" women shown to have hobbies, ambition (other than keeping her husband and his family happy), or desires. These type of shows promote that as the ideal type of women, so anything less is blashphemy. God forbid a woman not attain the criteria to be a full-fledged Devi.

Edited by PandorasBox - 01 February 2011 at 4:36pm

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index