Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi
Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi

mona is childish (Page 2)

nirubharya Newbie
nirubharya
nirubharya

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:03am | IP Logged
I have two responses:
One to the person who made the original post: I totally agree with you. whether it is Gujarati, Punjabi or any other regional family, there would be some expectations from a new daughter-in-law. All Indian family are generally patriachial so daughter-in-laws who are going to be a stay at home lady, are expected to take care or household chores such as cooking. To expect Mona to cook all Gujarati food was over the top but  all Indian cooking has some common tasks. Mona does not even know the basic tasks such as cutting vegetables. 
In my opinion both boys and girls should learn how to do at least basic household tasks and basic cooking. that way if you have to stay by yourself for a job situation or studies you will not starve. 

Two to April 007: This is a TV Show. do not make a generellization based on what is being shown. I know many Gujarati families and even in a joint family the situations are not what is being shown. My friend's son got married (a love marriage) and his wife does not know how to cook. the daughter -in-law works a full time job and the mother -in-law cooks in the house. Whenever, the daughter-in-law has time she helps her mother-in-law. In other family daughter is married to a guy who is not only from different country but also from a different religion. Both are full time working professionals. the husband loves to cook, so they share the cooking responsibilities.
So when you look at real families, you will realize how silly your impression is. 

I really wish Mona would request with humility to Anukalp's mother to teach her every thing. I think that lady will do it. She is a stern and rigid but has a heart of gold.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Infofan

beetaurus Goldie
beetaurus
beetaurus

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Mona is childish and I agree with you on that. But Mona's in-laws especially Ambaji and the gang is pathetic. Hardly any family treats their bahu like this. Ambaji has an ego problem too, but Mona is innocent.  Bapuji and Sejal are good.  Anukalp has not been very good lately except the last episode.

In this age every girl or a boy(Woman or a Man) should learn how to cook.  Just my personal opinion. You also find some girls who do not know abc of cooking, and that is also alright because some families want their kids only to concentrate on education. There are some families who want their kids to know cooking as well as have a  good education.  It depends.
sunheri Groupbie
sunheri
sunheri

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 11:31am | IP Logged
I agree I feel the same way about Mona...she also ran away on her wedding day to meet Anukalp !!!! i thought she is bit self centered and immature.
sherma IF-Rockerz
sherma
sherma

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 11:34am | IP Logged
@sunheri:i wont call her self centered bbut i will call imature pampered brat.
kurikaur Groupbie
kurikaur
kurikaur

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 11:34am | IP Logged
To april007,

I apologize for making you upset on this topic.  I really did not intend to upset anyone, i simply stated my opinions.  
I think it is kind of over the top to blame all the fault on the Gujj family.  I know there are some people in the family that strongly dislike Mona for reasons we already know, but i believe Mona can change that dislike to love by proving she can be a good, responsible daughter-in-law.  If they see Mona is responsible and really wants to be the daughter-in-law, then they wont have any reason to complain. but leaving the house without telling them, does not state responsibility.  

I also believe this shows points out an important life value.  I do believe it is importatn for indian girls to learn a little of what to do in the kitchen. I know real life situation where this one girl was wedded and she did not know how to do anything in the kitchen, then she brought her mother with her to help.  Then when her mother passed away, the girl went through a lot of problems at home where she did not know how to cook.  She and her husband went through a lot of problems, but slowly her learnt.  I believe instead of having to face these problems, one should learn even a little bit on what goes on in the kitchen because it will only benefit them in the end.  I dont think many modern mother-in-laws will be angry when their DIL doesnt know how to cook, but she will be impressed if she does.  Also unless your super rich and can afford to eat out everyday, then learning how to cook can be handy.  

Also i agree that guys should also know how to cook to help their wives.  I have a younger brother, who I am currently teaching him how to cook and I know his wife would appreciate when she can help her in the kitchen.  

Guys i dont  mean to offend anyone. and i apologize if i said something wrong. but instead of attacking the Gujj family, one needs to notice the GOOD AND BAD OF BOTH FAMILIES. there are faults in both families and also good.  One just needs to look at it in a different perspective.  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shermaInfofan

sherma IF-Rockerz
sherma
sherma

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 11:40am | IP Logged
@kurikar:i totally agree wid u,bth d families hav gud as well as bad points,but according to me gujju fly is not doing anyting wrong,dey arent excepting deir dil do sumting(cooking etc) wich deir daughter dont know.and mona wasnt deir choice it was d circumstances wich forced dem to accept mona so strting mein hoda criticism she will hav to suffer,
April2007 IF-Dazzler
April2007
April2007

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 5:42am | IP Logged
Traditional joint families suck. Too much abuse and strifling of individual freedom. It seems being great bahu has nothing to do with being a good person, it is all about doing Arti, wearing certain clothes, and doing Puja.

If Anukalap's family is a normal good family they should respect Mona and her family and meet her half way. only then Mona will become good member of their family. They should respect Mona's religion too..she is not hindu, there should be Guru Granth Sahib in the house..to expect Mona to convert or only worship in hindu way is pretty bad...Only good and giving families, who are very accomodating of their daugher in law's and treat them like their own children,  have good bahu's ..
April2007 IF-Dazzler
April2007
April2007

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 5:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kurikaur

To april007,

I apologize for making you upset on this topic.  I really did not intend to upset anyone, i simply stated my opinions.  
I think it is kind of over the top to blame all the fault on the Gujj family.  I know there are some people in the family that strongly dislike Mona for reasons we already know, but i believe Mona can change that dislike to love by proving she can be a good, responsible daughter-in-law.  If they see Mona is responsible and really wants to be the daughter-in-law, then they wont have any reason to complain. but leaving the house without telling them, does not state responsibility.  

I also believe this shows points out an important life value.  I do believe it is importatn for indian girls to learn a little of what to do in the kitchen. I know real life situation where this one girl was wedded and she did not know how to do anything in the kitchen, then she brought her mother with her to help.  Then when her mother passed away, the girl went through a lot of problems at home where she did not know how to cook.  She and her husband went through a lot of problems, but slowly her learnt.  I believe instead of having to face these problems, one should learn even a little bit on what goes on in the kitchen because it will only benefit them in the end.  I dont think many modern mother-in-laws will be angry when their DIL doesnt know how to cook, but she will be impressed if she does.  Also unless your super rich and can afford to eat out everyday, then learning how to cook can be handy.  

Also i agree that guys should also know how to cook to help their wives.  I have a younger brother, who I am currently teaching him how to cook and I know his wife would appreciate when she can help her in the kitchen.  

Guys i dont  mean to offend anyone. and i apologize if i said something wrong. but instead of attacking the Gujj family, one needs to notice the GOOD AND BAD OF BOTH FAMILIES. there are faults in both families and also good.  One just needs to look at it in a different perspective.  

KaurKuri, no need to apologize, this is a discussion, we both can have different views.

In my opinion mutual respect is the only way daughter in laws can become part of the family. The defination of what is good is not clear. In my mind by doing Puja at certain time or wearing certain clothes doesn't make anybody good or bad. I find Gujju family in the show very suffocating, whereas Punjabi family is relaxed. In Gujju family it seems women run the show and they are bitter, In Punjabi family men and women both run the show..Just a few of my observation.

Btw, even if somebody knows the basic cooking it would be very scary to cook anything in abusive Gujju family in the show.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index