abhilasha_dream thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
I agree, cooking part is still acceptable as few parents don't teach their children, but leaving in the middle of the night without informing was childish...

Even in the Monday Prescap its shown that she forgets to get the Puja items was a bit too the xtreme, A person who is so Childish and Irresponsible can only get scoldings from her in-laws as this kind of ACTS is unbearable even in our parents homes, forget about in-laws...   

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nycsweetie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: kurikaur

I like watching this show bc it can be similar to real life and all of the people emotions and dislikes are understandable.  but now during the show i really find  lots of faults with Mona.  i dont understand is it that hard to wake up and be ready by 8am.  Come one, the first day i can understand but the next day?  Also with the cooking, i blame the mother.  Why hasnt the mother taught her how to cook?  Mona did not even know how to cut a vegetable which is pathetic.  Also if u think about it, if mona had married Goldie and his parents asked her to cook something, what would have happened.  Goldie parents would have treated her worse than Anukalp's family.  I really like Anukalp's mom because she really wants Mona to try and prove the family wrong, that she can be a good wife, but Mona always messes up.  I can understand Anukalp's mom's situation.  Also leaving in the middle of the night, cant she even wake her husband up and tell him that im going.  Now that is immature.  Also calling ur mother in law auntie various times, hwo hard is it to remember u are married now?? a person cant be that naive.  

Mona's mom blames Anukalp's family when she shoudl blame herself for not teaching her daughter anything.  
I am punjabi and currently a medical student.  Even with my busy schedule my mother has taught be how to cook and take care of the house because these are important skills that one should know.  I get a little annoyed when i see people like Mona.  
sorry if i said anything wrong, i dont mean to offend anyone, just stating my opinions.  thanks

well said
pari812000 thumbnail

I may self like mona's roll in this show. I would support to her toooooo...........

However guys.... I just do not understand one thing. Why is every one hates Anukalps family.... Has any one thought of the abusing Monda would have gotten from Goldie's family including Goldie for getting marrried to him. Goldie only wanted to get married to Mona because mona was giving  more attention to non Punjabi Boy, not because he loved her or anything.... After knowing Sweety's condition in that family... no one cares for Sweety..... Imagin Mona with Goldies parents, when they were engaged, Goldie's mum already started her plans on herrasing Mona.  In comparrison Anukalp's mum is not planning stuff. She just wnat Mona to be responsible as a human. Ask a question to your self Ladies...... HAS YOUR OWN MOTHER-IN-LAW ever treated as their own daughter...... not being offensive. just being practical. For any mother -in- law she wants to make sure that the generation after her is lookedafter properly. Do you think when Karan gets married Vimmy would not expect anything out of her daughter-in-law?

It is not about Gujarti or Punjabi... It is about being irresponsible. The way they have created Mona's character, she would not have been treated any better then what she is been treated now. The posetive thought here that we are going to see Mona and Anulkap deep in love and mona growing out with her Mother-in-law as a very smart, responsible and caring person. Not like she grew with her mother.

In fact Mona's family should stop interfiering in her married life and concentrate on Sweet's Life. Mona is more safe with Anukalp the Sweety with Parmeet right now.
*Eva* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This is my first time posting in the forum...but I've been watching this show since Sara entered as Mona. 😳

I have mixed feelings about the show to be honest. The way they're showing a typical Gujarati family versus a typical Punjabi family isn't really accurate, IMO. My two closest friends are Gujju and Punjabi...and I know their friend's circle isn't ANYTHING like that. Everything is being shown in a very harsh fashion...and all the characters have a LONG WAY to go before they can be called "fully developed." 🤔 🤣

To some extent, I definitely agree with your post...Mona is very childish but she can't be blamed completely. The whole cooking fiasco...was SO OTT. Nobody asked her if she could actually do the cooking for THAT many people...but Mona should have clarified the issue BEFORE her family came into the picture. And the whole fasting track...Mona's choice of words wasn't the best way of clarifying things but my heart went out to Mona. 🤔 😭

I've been reading a lot of posts regarding Anukalp's character...and seriously, his character disappoints me the most. Yes, he's a very sweet guy...but he needs to speak up and learn who to trust. I'm intrigued to see if his character gets that trait. The whole gang of Hetal, Baa, Bijal and Bharti turns me off completely...some of the things they do / say make me facepalm repetitvely. 👎🏼

Bapuji, Daarji and Sejal's characters are ones to look out for...I'm impressed with their moral of keeping an open mind. I'm sure Bapuji and Sejal will be Mona's supports more often...love the characters! 👍🏼

Let's see with this show has to offer in the future...I'm kind of iffy about it right now...especially the characterizations. 🤔
April2007 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: pari812000

In fact Mona's family should stop interfiering in her married life and concentrate on Sweet's Life. Mona is more safe with Anukalp the Sweety with Parmeet right now.

Why shouldn't Mona's family concern themselves with Mona's welfare..she is their child. Some thing is very wrong in thinking that Anukalap being a boy should live in the bosom of his family, surrounded by his familie and his culture. He tells Mona partents that Mona shouldn't visit them, because she will be able to adopt his culture if she is isolated from them...utter selfishness..In India the girls are disposible, parents and her relatives are told to abandone her once she is married. She should have no culture to call her own.

How many of you will want to bury their own culture and themselves and become somebody else, this loss of identity is pyschologically  very damaging,  because they are married. Mona and Anukalap should be blend of Gujrati and Punjabi family.  Losing your sense of self is horrible.Self also includes culture..

The writers totally failed women and failed to convey the message that Women are human beings.
Edited by April2007 - 13 years ago
_notinuse_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: April2007

Why shouldn't Mona's family concern themselves with Mona's welfare..she is their child. Some thing is very wrong in thinking that Anukalap being a boy should live in the bosom of his family, surrounded by his familie and his culture. He tells Mona partents that Mona shouldn't visit them, because she will be able to adopt his culture if she is isolated from them...utter selfishness..In India the girls are disposible, parents and her relatives are told to abandone her once she is married. She should have no culture to call her own.

How many of you will want to bury their own culture and themselves and become somebody else, this loss of identity is pyschologically  very damaging,  because they are married. Mona and Anukalap should be blend of Gujrati and Punjabi family.  Losing your sense of self is horrible.Self also includes culture..

The writers totally failed women and failed to convey the message that Women are human beings.

Tell me about it...it's a trend to de-humanize women on many Indian serial. The audience is accustomed  to seing the female lead sacrificing everything, having no flaws, being selfless and never thinking of her own hapiness. Rarely are these "perfect" women shown to have hobbies, ambition (other than keeping her husband and his family happy), or desires. These type of shows promote that as the ideal type of women, so anything less is blashphemy. God forbid a woman not attain the criteria to be a full-fledged Devi.
Edited by PandorasBox - 13 years ago