kurikaur thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I like watching this show bc it can be similar to real life and all of the people emotions and dislikes are understandable.  but now during the show i really find  lots of faults with Mona.  i dont understand is it that hard to wake up and be ready by 8am.  Come one, the first day i can understand but the next day?  Also with the cooking, i blame the mother.  Why hasnt the mother taught her how to cook?  Mona did not even know how to cut a vegetable which is pathetic.  Also if u think about it, if mona had married Goldie and his parents asked her to cook something, what would have happened.  Goldie parents would have treated her worse than Anukalp's family.  I really like Anukalp's mom because she really wants Mona to try and prove the family wrong, that she can be a good wife, but Mona always messes up.  I can understand Anukalp's mom's situation.  Also leaving in the middle of the night, cant she even wake her husband up and tell him that im going.  Now that is immature.  Also calling ur mother in law auntie various times, hwo hard is it to remember u are married now?? a person cant be that naive.  
Mona's mom blames Anukalp's family when she shoudl blame herself for not teaching her daughter anything.  
I am punjabi and currently a medical student.  Even with my busy schedule my mother has taught be how to cook and take care of the house because these are important skills that one should know.  I get a little annoyed when i see people like Mona.  
sorry if i said anything wrong, i dont mean to offend anyone, just stating my opinions.  thanks

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sherma thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i totally agree wid u. mona is childish,and all d blame shld go to her parents. anu fly isnt expecting sumting unususal from mona,dey expect normal ting wich any inlaws will except.
rsinging thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
You hit this exactly.  I am also punjabi and the way Mona's parents act would never happen in my family.  She is very childish, how can someone this childish get married.  Also your comment about Goldie's family, they would never accept someone who could not cook or who took off in the middle of the night-seriously.  that writers are reaching and the constant bashing of punjabi's and gujrati's is getting old.
kurikaur thumbnail
thanks guys for agreeing.  
i really thought i was going to get bashed by many here, but thanks for the support. i really do hope Mona turns around and starts to become more responsible.  
Rumi007 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Totally agree with you.Every mother in-law expect that her daughter-in-law can manage her family well.It needs some time to know how to handle the entire family.But its really shocking that Mona doesn't know cooking even cutting vegetables.Forget about your in-laws house,you need to do all these if you need to live alone for few days by any reason.So every parents need to taught these basic things to their child.

Wish soon Mona will turn into a responsible person.

And can't agree with you about calling your mother-in-law auntie.I saw many daughter-in-law call their MIL auntie.And they didn't consider it as wrong.But yes,if your in-law don't like it then its better not to call her auntie.

April2007 thumbnail
Originally posted by: kurikaur

I like watching this show bc it can be similar to real life and all of the people emotions and dislikes are understandable.  but now during the show i really find  lots of faults with Mona.  i dont understand is it that hard to wake up and be ready by 8am.  Come one, the first day i can understand but the next day?  Also with the cooking, i blame the mother.  Why hasnt the mother taught her how to cook?  Mona did not even know how to cut a vegetable which is pathetic.  Also if u think about it, if mona had married Goldie and his parents asked her to cook something, what would have happened.  Goldie parents would have treated her worse than Anukalp's family.  I really like Anukalp's mom because she really wants Mona to try and prove the family wrong, that she can be a good wife, but Mona always messes up.  I can understand Anukalp's mom's situation.  Also leaving in the middle of the night, cant she even wake her husband up and tell him that im going.  Now that is immature.  Also calling ur mother in law auntie various times, hwo hard is it to remember u are married now?? a person cant be that naive.  

Mona's mom blames Anukalp's family when she shoudl blame herself for not teaching her daughter anything.  
I am punjabi and currently a medical student.  Even with my busy schedule my mother has taught be how to cook and take care of the house because these are important skills that one should know.  I get a little annoyed when i see people like Mona.  
sorry if i said anything wrong, i dont mean to offend anyone, just stating my opinions.  thanks

Mona has in laws from hell. What kind of people constantly abuse,  insult and berate others. I wouldn't last in Gujju joint family for five minutes..seriously I wouldn't take these kind of  insults on daily basis.

My mom will never ever let anybody treat me the way Anukalap family treats Mona. There treatment of Mona verges on criminal abuse...I hate the family. The men are hen pecked ..laallu..and women abusive bitches.

Negatively comparing others with you is uncalled for, u cook for yourself that doesn't make u superior, ..their are many girls who don't cook when they are married and they learn.

What I am learning is that Gujju joint family is a hell hole..and most members have no life ..their  main work is to abuse..
cbindia2009 thumbnail
Its great when a girl can have all the "life skills" she needs. But sometimes that just doesn't happen. It does not give anyone the right to abuse her. While Mona's mother in law may ultimately be good at heart she needs to be a little more sympathetic and not let herself be swayed by her own mother in law and her own "bitchy"  sister-in-law. It was great when she taught Mona to make ladoos. Mona has demonstrated a willingness to learn and with the help and guidance she will make a good bahu. Ultimately I think that is what the show will demonstrate.
nirubharya thumbnail
I have two responses:
One to the person who made the original post: I totally agree with you. whether it is Gujarati, Punjabi or any other regional family, there would be some expectations from a new daughter-in-law. All Indian family are generally patriachial so daughter-in-laws who are going to be a stay at home lady, are expected to take care or household chores such as cooking. To expect Mona to cook all Gujarati food was over the top but  all Indian cooking has some common tasks. Mona does not even know the basic tasks such as cutting vegetables. 
In my opinion both boys and girls should learn how to do at least basic household tasks and basic cooking. that way if you have to stay by yourself for a job situation or studies you will not starve. 

Two to April 007: This is a TV Show. do not make a generellization based on what is being shown. I know many Gujarati families and even in a joint family the situations are not what is being shown. My friend's son got married (a love marriage) and his wife does not know how to cook. the daughter -in-law works a full time job and the mother -in-law cooks in the house. Whenever, the daughter-in-law has time she helps her mother-in-law. In other family daughter is married to a guy who is not only from different country but also from a different religion. Both are full time working professionals. the husband loves to cook, so they share the cooking responsibilities.
So when you look at real families, you will realize how silly your impression is. 

I really wish Mona would request with humility to Anukalp's mother to teach her every thing. I think that lady will do it. She is a stern and rigid but has a heart of gold.
beetaurus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Mona is childish and I agree with you on that. But Mona's in-laws especially Ambaji and the gang is pathetic. Hardly any family treats their bahu like this. Ambaji has an ego problem too, but Mona is innocent.  Bapuji and Sejal are good.  Anukalp has not been very good lately except the last episode.

In this age every girl or a boy(Woman or a Man) should learn how to cook.  Just my personal opinion. You also find some girls who do not know abc of cooking, and that is also alright because some families want their kids only to concentrate on education. There are some families who want their kids to know cooking as well as have a  good education.  It depends.
sunheri thumbnail
I agree I feel the same way about Mona...she also ran away on her wedding day to meet Anukalp !!!! i thought she is bit self centered and immature.