Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

BV - Jan 26th 2011 - Written update (Page 3)

khusi_* IF-Stunnerz
khusi_*
khusi_*

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
well jab se promo aur article aana suru hua
99% members here guessed that!..............
she is gudiya!LOL
can't point out one!LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pjyo

anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 1:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by divmath

Thanks for the lovely update Priya... Happy Republic Day to you and all my friends here :))

Havent watched the episode yet...but from your update I am guessing.....Jagya has fallen head over heels for Gauri....and he is confused...because he is now stuck due to "child marriage" - good message by CV's.....What if a person falls for someone when he/she grows up? Only issue here is the treatment of the story line which needs to be tweaked a bit.....the CV's have left no page unturned to make Jagya look like a villain...but I kind of empathize with his character now...dont get me wrong....I am not saying what he is doing is correct....but I somehow understand what he is going through...hormones and other things apart...here is a boy who was married when he was 6....grew up with a girl almost his age....and was told she is his wife....they developed a bond of friendship, and a fair amount of teenage attraction when they met after a gap of 5 years....now he gets a chance to move out of the village and see's he has many choices, encounters new people, new lifestyle...so change is bound to happen....In this whole process..if he falls in love and wants to be with someone but is not allowed to do so due to an evil practice called child marriage...is really not done !  I agree that he shouldn't lie to the two girls, he shouldn't sleep around with one and flirt with the other at the same time....(thats something which the CV's are to be blamed for, for turning a lovable little boy into a desperate wannabe playboy).....but otherwise I feel..this is a grave issue and any person may it be Anandi or Jagya has a right to his/her life....has a right to live as they want...and not be bound by this so called "pratha of baal vivaah", of course in this whole transformation process hurting and cheating would happen which is morally wrong and unacceptable, but again who said child marriages dont hurt or destroy someone's life?
ClapClapClap
beautifully said divya..this is exactly what my grouse wid the cvs is..jagya is as much a victim to the custom as anandi is..and the cvs have turned him into this cheating cassanova which he ISNT..his character has been massacred massively to make the whole world sympathise wid anandi..the jagya we have seen since the beginning of the show stands up for people he loves,albeit in a tactless manner..bt now he is a jerk and a snob who dsnt even value what anandi has done for him or what she has given up for HIS grandmother (although tht was STUPID on her part)..the jagya as a kid or even initially after the leap did value all tht..and knew anandi's potential..and used to rag her ONLY to make her realise her foolishness..now he is plain spiteful wid his 'gawar' crap..dude,ur as much out of place in the city as she is wid u..tht makes the college friends of urs lot more open and human thn u are..

Edited by anu rulz - 27 January 2011 at 1:17am

divmath

sevak Goldie
sevak
sevak

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 1:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by iloveidiotbox

Actually if you guys notice, even with all her atrocities, DS is atleast changing some of her thoughts. She appreciates Bheendnis, she lets Anandi do social work. At first I thought Jagya was upset because of LS showing him reality, but it turned out it was because of Gauri Dead

Totally agree - Can't expect DS to change completely but these little gestures are very pleasing...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

divmathpjyo

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 1:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anu rulz

Originally posted by divmath

Thanks for the lovely update Priya... Happy Republic Day to you and all my friends here :))

Havent watched the episode yet...but from your update I am guessing.....Jagya has fallen head over heels for Gauri....and he is confused...because he is now stuck due to "child marriage" - good message by CV's.....What if a person falls for someone when he/she grows up? Only issue here is the treatment of the story line which needs to be tweaked a bit.....the CV's have left no page unturned to make Jagya look like a villain...but I kind of empathize with his character now...dont get me wrong....I am not saying what he is doing is correct....but I somehow understand what he is going through...hormones and other things apart...here is a boy who was married when he was 6....grew up with a girl almost his age....and was told she is his wife....they developed a bond of friendship, and a fair amount of teenage attraction when they met after a gap of 5 years....now he gets a chance to move out of the village and see's he has many choices, encounters new people, new lifestyle...so change is bound to happen....In this whole process..if he falls in love and wants to be with someone but is not allowed to do so due to an evil practice called child marriage...is really not done !  I agree that he shouldn't lie to the two girls, he shouldn't sleep around with one and flirt with the other at the same time....(thats something which the CV's are to be blamed for, for turning a lovable little boy into a desperate wannabe playboy).....but otherwise I feel..this is a grave issue and any person may it be Anandi or Jagya has a right to his/her life....has a right to live as they want...and not be bound by this so called "pratha of baal vivaah", of course in this whole transformation process hurting and cheating would happen which is morally wrong and unacceptable, but again who said child marriages dont hurt or destroy someone's life?
ClapClapClap
beautifully said divya..this is exactly what my grouse wid the cvs is..jagya is as much a victim to the custom as anandi is..and the cvs have turned him into this cheating cassanova which he ISNT..his character has been massacred massively to make the whole world sympathise wid anandi..the jagya we have seen since the beginning of the show stands up for people he loves,albeit in a tactless manner..bt now he is a jerk and a snob who dsnt even value what anandi has done for him or what she has given up for HIS grandmother (although tht was STUPID on her part)..the jagya as a kid or even initially after the leap did value all tht..and knew anandi's potential..and used to rag her ONLY to make her realise her foolishness..now he is plain spiteful wid his 'gawar' crap..dude,ur as much out of place in the city as she is wid u..tht makes the college friends of urs lot more open and human thn u are..

I think in trying to prove to the viewers the ills of a child marriage, the CV's have gone overboard and taken refuge in being extreme. I agree showing a boy love struck or infatuated for a while would have been acceptable but this is different character. Not at all likable, a sulky, bad-tempered, thoughtless child. I say child because he does not look like a grown up. Hope the CV's pull up their socks or Jagya will not be a husband worth fighting for ..........from Anandi's point of view.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

divmathpjyoanu rulz

pjyo IF-Dazzler
pjyo
pjyo

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 2:02am | IP Logged
I hope the CVs have gone on overtime to portray him as a negative husband   so that finally anandi will start thinking how her life will be effected due to a husband who abandons her..
That is a distinct   possibility Ermm  because if jagat marries gauri in city that marriage will be legal and jagya/anandi  marriage wouldn't have any legitimacy as its a child marriage-so what will anandi's reason be to stay in haveli with a husband who doesn't want her...Ermm

divmathanu rulz

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 2:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pjyo

I hope the CVs have gone on overtime to portray him as a negative husband   so that finally anandi will start thinking how her life will be effected due to a husband who abandons her..
That is a distinct   possibility Ermm  because if jagat marries gauri in city that marriage will be legal and jagya/anandi  marriage wouldn't have any legitimacy as its a child marriage-so what will anandi's reason be to stay in haveli with a husband who doesn't want her...Ermm

Oh I am hoping it will not come to that..............that will be another extreme. I am rather hoping that silly boy will come to his senses sooner than later and realise what Anandi is and has been to him. OK so she has made mistakes and if there is any reality left in this show, Anandi will continue to make small mistakes, don't we all???? But that does not mean the end of a commitment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We, ourselves have come down hard enough on Anandi for giving up her studies, giving in to Dadisa's constant expectations, moaning around the house, crying.............but if you look at her character she has been a foolish but an exemplary granddaughter/daughter in law. She just needs to better herself so that she can stand up for herself and not look like Sumitra's character who till today looks like there is a murderer after her.

Look at Gehna, no education but has the right values and knows when to stand up for them. One of the most positive characters for Anandi to take advice from. I still maintain that education is a must..............and there lies all the problems.

anu rulz

pjyo IF-Dazzler
pjyo
pjyo

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 2:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by groucho

Oh I am hoping it will not come to that..............that will be another extreme. I am rather hoping that silly boy will come to his senses sooner than later and realise what Anandi is and has been to him. OK so she has made mistakes and if there is any reality left in this show, Anandi will continue to make small mistakes, don't we all???? But that does not mean the end of a commitment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We, ourselves have come down hard enough on Anandi for giving up her studies, giving in to Dadisa's constant expectations, moaning around the house, crying.............but if you look at her character she has been a foolish but an exemplary granddaughter/daughter in law. She just needs to better herself so that she can stand up for herself and not look like Sumitra's character who till today looks like there is a murderer after her.

Look at Gehna, no education but has the right values and knows when to stand up for them. One of the most positive characters for Anandi to take advice from. I still maintain that education is a must..............and there lies all the problems.
i too hope it doesnt come to that..but what iam asking is what if it does? anandi has devoted her entire life to her husband and family  -  no identity oher than this family's beendni-wouldn't such a situation make her realize what she missed out in life..Standing on her feet for her own swabhimaan-not for jagya,not for any body else's sake but for her OWN SELF ..
everybody makes mistakes in life -some big ,some small-but to give up education to just please dadisa was totally wrong-just crying about that isnt enough,she should restart it  ..its still not too late..
With jagya i have no clue what he wantsWink,infact i think even he doesnt know that at this momentD'oh-but he always found new obsessions to obsess about so until he decides he wants 1 wife or 2 wives or a harem ...

divmathanu rulz

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 2:50am | IP Logged

i too hope it doesnt come to that..but what iam asking is what if it does? anandi has devoted her entire life to her husband and family  -  no identity oher than this family's beendni-wouldn't such a situation make her realize what she missed out in life..Standing on her feet for her own swabhimaan-not for jagya,not for any body else's sake but for her OWN SELF ..
everybody makes mistakes in life -some big ,some small-but to give up education to just please dadisa was totally wrong-just crying about that isnt enough,she should restart it  ..its still not too late..
With jagya i have no clue what he wantsWink,infact i think even he doesnt know that at this momentD'oh-but he always found new obsessions to obsess about so until he decides he wants 1 wife or 2 wives or a harem ...

[/QUOTE]

If it does, frankly, I think Anandi will come out the stronger one despite everything. That is my belief. I, too think she needs to continue her studies and when her teacher came ................I thought it might lead to that .........but Confused. In this scenario............will Anandi go back to her studies for herself..........I hope so...although I am not sure if that is what the CV's will have the gumption to show.

There is a kind of contradiction in this serial where the CV's look like they are almost hesitant to show strong women except for Dadisa. Look how they yo yo with Gehna. Gauri is shown as a strong willed career woman but a strong character is yet to emerge.

Jagya will never be able to handle Gauri ..............he was a spoilt boy and now a silly man..........only someone like Anandi could handle him. I don't think Gauri will put up with his tantrums and soon his infatuation along with his obsession will go flying out of the window. That is the reality in many an obsession.

pjyo

Go to top