Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Pari.K

I don't understand one thing... if you are already so damn rich, how would it hurt to give your share of the taxes in all honesty. I get it if you are on the verge of poverty or even some middle class families that have to think twice before buying normal necessities... if you are loaded with luxuries, the least you could do is give the share to the public that makes you who you are. 

And this isn't just for PC or Katrina... these two were the unlucky ones who got picked, almost all celebrities probably pull scams... SRK, Salman, Bachan family, Kareena, Ranbir, etc... 

The rich want to get richer...

The greed never stops...
^^maddy i dunt think it ever will...and some ppl argue saying "its our money...we earnt it...so we have total right over it..."πŸ˜•...yeh u earned it,....but whoz resources are u using in the big picture,to earn it????
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: ShadowKisses

Wow. These two have got wallets tighter than their sphincters especially when you consider that tax in India is not even as high as that compared to in England (50%) or Netherlands (60%) for the kind of income these people earn. Everyone should pay taxes relative to their income to contribute to society. Plus, it's not like they won't still be rich as hell even if they do cough up the taxes.

That said, I do have to LOL@ Tweedledee and tweedledumber's method for evading taxes. If you are going to do something unlawful, have the sense of mind  to *hire* someone to help you exploit a legal loophole (which should be closed, js) and not just hide it under your mattress.

I don't know how much of that money is used for the 'welfare of the society' πŸ˜† but I agree with you.

but I still think that the slab-wise increment in the income tax rate is too much in India considering that the per capita income is still below 5k. a flat 10% increase in tax rate can give anyone a heart attack πŸ˜† crorepati bane nahi, tax pehle kat gaya πŸ˜†
^thts a good point too (yes meena...i said "point" again.πŸ˜†)
i mean even if everyone pays their taxes...whts the guarantee tht the money will be used in the right way...??? therz corruption dude......πŸ€”
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: smartie_pants

i mean even if everyone pays their taxes...whts the guarantee tht the money will be used in the right way...??? therz corruption dude......πŸ€”

exactly. there's a lot of corruption. even if there's an honest person who wants to give taxes, the IT officials will themselves advice them to fudge up their returns, give minimal amount as tax and some amount to them as bribes  this way both parties are kushal mangal πŸ˜† who cares about the country? 

if all the taxpayer's money was being put to the right use, then we wouldn't have a newly built bridge shattering 2 days before CWG.
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

two wrongs don't make a right....!   πŸ˜‰

scratch that.... CZ has a good point...!!   πŸ˜³πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by Nuktaacheen - 13 years ago

a pain tht they are responsible for...??? ooh yeh....πŸ˜†....

this reminds me of the movie aparichit.....ppl get soo scared of the creepy aparichit guy that they all start paying taxes and india becomes the richest country ever...........in like a week....πŸ˜ƒ...jai ho idealism...

oh, i love the movie. Shankar never fails to entertain us with his wit!😊
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah... C Z has a good point...

Kya Karein... Poora system mein hee Locha hai...
Originally posted by: CZ..

exactly. there's a lot of corruption. even if there's an honest person who wants to give taxes, the IT officials will themselves advice them to fudge up their returns, give minimal amount as tax and some amount to them as bribesthis way both parties are kushal mangalπŸ˜†who cares about the country?

if all the taxpayer's money was being put to the right use, then we wouldn't have a newly built bridge shattering 2 days before CWG.

it's a norm for us, the middle class tax-payers.πŸ˜•
isnt it ironic that we are having this profound discussion on taxes, courruption, government and india.....during and after republic day....its like this day was destined to raise patriotism levels...😳

i mean...normally on this forum..we dunt really go past the drooling and the fan wars....πŸ˜†
Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago